Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

30th June - 3rd July : #RW16 !!

We already know that Foo Fighters will be one of the headliners.

2016 will be a golden year, because a lot of headline-sized bands are touring (Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers...).

Open'er festival is going to give the name of the first headliner on Thursday 3rd September ! It could be a headliner at Rock Werchter too..

So. For next year, who do you expect ?

Edited by Tremousse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you link a source on confirmation of Foo Fighters please, or is it just a heavily rumoured assumption that they will headline because of this years cancellation. thanks :)

Pinkpop organiser said he had an oral agreement for 2016, made immediately after the cancellation. I would assume they did the same for Werchter, especially since there is no Belgian date in their winter tour.

Pinkpop organiser said he had an oral agreement for 2016, made immediately after the cancellation. I would assume they did the same for Werchter, especially since there is no Belgian date in their winter tour.

You would presume Glasto did the same as well? I am quite shocked that they haven't sold all their MK Bowl tickets for next weekend but I have a feeling a reason for that is exactly the whole Glasto thing. In respect regardless of who thinks they'll be at R&L, due the age attendance main age I don't think think would stop ticket buyers.

Can you link a source on confirmation of Foo Fighters please, or is it just a heavily rumoured assumption that they will headline because of this years cancellation. thanks :)

I've checked where I found these news and you're right, there's no official announcement. Nevertheless rtbf.be and moustique.be say the Foos will play next year, and they seem to be sure. The Foos also have an oral agreement with the festivals they missed this summer, but still nothing official.

Definitely going next year. Missed the last 2. Already got my hotel in leuven for the Tuesday night booked. Just hope there's not too much stuff like pharell, fatm etc and its more rock werchter than pop werchter

I'd maybe give it a go but clashes with Glasto and we have some returners and new one's this time. Only selling beer is a big issue too.

Alright, first predictions / wishlist:

Headliners:

Foo Fighters

RHCP

Editors & Closing Set

Other acts:

The 1975

Foals

Frank Turner

Disclosure

Jamie T

The Lumineers

Foster The People

Coasts

Knife Party

Slaves

Wolf Alice

Yeah it's a perfect list ! I would add Pearl Jam as headliner, Iron Maiden and The National as sub headliners; + Gary Clark Jr (new album), The Cat Empire (again), Glen Hansard (tour), Gogol Bordello, Bon Iver, Seasick Steve and Future Islands (RW missed them this year) ; and it would be perfect to me.

I'd love to do Glasto and Rock Werchter but it would require too much time off work. Don't know whether to go for RW16 next year or try for Glasto and if that fails let RW be my back up... Not sure. If what people are predicting is anything to go by I'd be very happy but I worry that Rock Werchter will get a few bigger bands and then alot of filler again. 

I'd love to do Glasto and Rock Werchter but it would require too much time off work. Don't know whether to go for RW16 next year or try for Glasto and if that fails let RW be my back up... Not sure. If what people are predicting is anything to go by I'd be very happy but I worry that Rock Werchter will get a few bigger bands and then alot of filler again.

2015 was a bit complicated for the lineup cause not a lot of bands enough great to be headliners or subheadliners were touring. 2016 will be different. We can expect a huge bill, because of the number of great touring bands. Does anyone know if Rock Werchter earned more or less money than what they were expecting ? (Because of the Foos cancellation, tickets resell...)

Werchter will eventually be in that circle where it will book more headliners but it'll only be able book the best of what's about and as we've seen over years quality has decreased. You will get Glasto as long as you keep trying.

30th June - 3rd July : #RW16 !!

We already know that Foo Fighters will be one of the headliners.

2016 will be a golden year, because a lot of headline-sized bands are touring (Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers...).

Open'er festival is going to give the name of the first headliner on Thursday 3rd September ! It could be a headliner at Rock Werchter too..

So. For next year, who do you expect ?

We probably can assume that Editors will be there as long as they'll tour europe this summer and I think Florence too (cancelled Croatias' InMusic festival and promise to be there at 2016, plus Opener first headliner announcement so she's around plus seems that everybody liked her show in RW15).

Other relatively big bands (third down or Barn sub/headliner) that I dont think RW will miss are Tame Impala and Foals.

From 2015 misses I guess we'll get Father John Misty, Kurt Vile, Strand of Oak and Courtney Barnett.

Some repeats too: Cancelled ones (Sam Smith/Ben Howard) and small artists who got bigger (Ibeyi, James Bay, Years&Years etc..).

Edited by e2p2

Probably far too early for this but here's a little prediction

Main: Faithless / Foo Fighters / The National / Biffy Clyro / Gary Clark Jr. / All Time Low / Wolf Alice

Barn: Tame Impala / Future Islands / The Maccabees / Circa Waves / Jamie T

K: Twenty One Pilots / Years and Years / AWOLNATION / Kurt Vile

Main: Rudimental / Editors / dEUS / Foals / Stereophonics / The 1975 / The Wombats

Barn: New Order / Seasick Steve / Gogol Bordello

Main: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis / Coldplay / Ben Howard / Sam Smith / Jessie J / Catfish and the Bottlemen

Barn: Lana Del Rey / Bon Iver / Ibeyi / Courtney Barnett

K: Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls / Knife Party

Main: Pearl Jam / Triggerfinger / Imagine Dragons / James Bay / The Hives / Bring Me The Horizon / Father John Misty

Barn: Bloc Party / Slaves / Coasts

Probably far too early for this but here's a little prediction

Main: Faithless / Foo Fighters / The National / Biffy Clyro / Gary Clark Jr. / All Time Low / Wolf Alice

Barn: Tame Impala / Future Islands / The Maccabees / Circa Waves / Jamie T

K: Twenty One Pilots / Years and Years / AWOLNATION / Kurt Vile

Main: Rudimental / Editors / dEUS / Foals / Stereophonics / The 1975 / The Wombats

Barn: New Order / Seasick Steve / Gogol Bordello

Main: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis / Coldplay / Ben Howard / Sam Smith / Jessie J / Catfish and the Bottlemen

Barn: Lana Del Rey / Bon Iver / Ibeyi / Courtney Barnett

K: Frank Turner and the Sleeping Souls / Knife Party

Main: Pearl Jam / Triggerfinger / Imagine Dragons / James Bay / The Hives / Bring Me The Horizon / Father John Misty

Barn: Bloc Party / Slaves / Coasts

You've sold me a ticket there sir