Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

Is all alcohol allowed at the Hive? I mean, can we bring stuff like glass bottles and cans or does it have to be plastic or something like that? 

The only thing I can find about alcohol is that apparently tapping equipment is not allowed. 

As far as I remember from 2014, own alcohol was not allowed in the Hive, but people brought it anyways since the security was so poor. But since the security will be improved I am starting to wonder wether to bring own alcohol to the campsite or not. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Hyllebergxd said:

Is all alcohol allowed at the Hive? I mean, can we bring stuff like glass bottles and cans or does it have to be plastic or something like that? 

The only thing I can find about alcohol is that apparently tapping equipment is not allowed. 

As far as I remember from 2014, own alcohol was not allowed in the Hive, but people brought it anyways since the security was so poor. But since the security will be improved I am starting to wonder wether to bring own alcohol to the campsite or not. 

As far as I know it is allowed. I think they have a maximum(24 cans, if I'm right) you can bring with you, but I haven't been checked on the amount. As long as you don't bring glass with you they won't take it. In 2014 we brought it with us in plain sight and they didn't care.

Yo, don't suppose there's a camping shop on site where you can purchase an airbed? Camping in Hive if that helps matters?

Travelling there by plane and staying in Brussells for a couple nights beforehand so didn't want to carry more stuff than I have to.

3 hours ago, Mar2190 said:

Yo, don't suppose there's a camping shop on site where you can purchase an airbed? Camping in Hive if that helps matters?

Travelling there by plane and staying in Brussells for a couple nights beforehand so didn't want to carry more stuff than I have to.

If you don't find one in Brussels you can check Dreamland Leuven (ca. 1,5 km from Leuven trainstation/RW shuttles). It is a toy store but they have also camping and swimming pool stuff.
Here's their website: http://www.dreamland.be/dreamland/static/winkel.shtml?storedetails=5325

1 hour ago, santowhir said:

What happened to Foo Fighters?

Do the shuttle buses run through the night? For example Editors are on till 2am, would there be any issues getting back to Leuven?

The shuttles aren't running the whole night but they go back and forth after the headliners finish. Don't forget that most of the people stay till the end of the daily program so they'll need the shuttles. 

4 hours ago, santowhir said:

What happened to Foo Fighters?

Do the shuttle buses run through the night? For example Editors are on till 2am, would there be any issues getting back to Leuven?

I stayed in Leuven last year and went back on the shuttle bus every night after the last band so you'll be fine, very organised festival!

Hi this my first post, although I've been following this thread since last year. The will be my 3rd RW in as many years. So, hello!

i got tickets this year when they first went on sale (what a mistake that was..) and am now probably not going. The line up is just really bad, for me anyway. So I was going to ask how can I get rid of my combi and hive coming tickets? Is there a returns option? Or can I sell these (at a big discount) anywhere?

thanks!

23 hours ago, BelgianBrit said:

Hi this my first post, although I've been following this thread since last year. The will be my 3rd RW in as many years. So, hello!

i got tickets this year when they first went on sale (what a mistake that was..) and am now probably not going. The line up is just really bad, for me anyway. So I was going to ask how can I get rid of my combi and hive coming tickets? Is there a returns option? Or can I sell these (at a big discount) anywhere?

thanks!

If (and I don't think they will) sell out you can try reselling them via the Rock Werchter website.  Otherwise you're either stuck with them or sell them online somewhere.

The security level on the biggest Belgian festivals, RW included, will be the same as the current airport security.
There will be a metal detection system.
Liquids (sunmilk,...) will be limited to 100ml.
All liquids, wallets, smartphones, electronical stuff must be shown into a transparent plastick back.
Searching of bags will be very strict.

First testcase will be on the AC/DC concert at the Werchter festival site next Monday.

4 hours ago, McCallion said:

Chillis cancelling gigs after Anthony Kiedis hospitalised. No news on Europe gigs but giving me flashbacks to last years Foo fiasco

Nah, he'll be okay in a few days according to his mom and Chad Smith. He didn't break a leg or something. 

See Saturday day tickets available again. Not even a single day has sold out and combis also available. This must be poorest year for ticket sales for quite a while. I was always under the impression it would sell out by march. Weak line up and the additional security might be putting a lot of folks off

Hey hey amigos! Looking forward to this years festival! For anyone who's up for some additional music and doesn't mind taking a detour, Muse are playing under the Eiffel Tower in Paris on the 28th. Me and my mates are gonna drive to Paris, making the onwards journey to Werchter the day after. Adds a bit of light for those who are disappointed with the lineup!

Anyone aware of someone who would be after a combi ticket less than face value. One of our group doesn't see point in going due to line up and willing to sell ticket. Think anyone who buys would need to get additional hive tick if they want to camp there. 

The organisers just responded to some media speculation regarding the ticket sales:

- About 130k tickets have been sold, which means it's 90% sold out. So not a dramatic year either.

- The slower sales are caused by dramatic sales outside of Belgium and Netherlands (those countries are status quo with previous years). So it's very likely that the slower sales are an effect of the recent attacks, especially since the ticket sales basically stagnated after the Brussels attacks. 

On 30 May 2016 at 9:17 AM, Red Day said:

Anyone aware of someone who would be after a combi ticket less than face value. One of our group doesn't see point in going due to line up and willing to sell ticket. Think anyone who buys would need to get additional hive tick if they want to camp there. 

I might be down. How much man?

Hey guys, despite going to Werchter in 2013 and 2015 my memory is a little hazy (little too much Jupiler). Is there a camping shop on site, to buy things like camping chairs?

My boot space is a bit tighter this year so may need to cut back what travels from England with us!