Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

On 14-3-2016 at 8:04 PM, zbo said:

didn't even think of that but that's a great idea..I could get the car in leuven on sunday morning, drive to werchter and then drive to the airport when the festival ends :D

anyone need a ride? haha

Indeed, no trains after midnight to Charleroi. And as said above, first train will be very stressful.
Best choise is to rent a car. I think there's an AVIS renting point in Leuven with possibility to let your car in the AVIS point Charleroi airport. Try to find some people to lower the costs.
Good luck and welcome to Belgium!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

So do you prefer Glastonbury's line-up or Rock Werchter's line-up ? 

My vote goes to Rock Werchter :)

Screenshot_2016-03-29-10-22-33.png

Apart from Coldplay, ELO and Sigur Ros I wouldn't want anything else from that lineup and werchter has Tame Impala, Chili Peppers, Editors and Macklemore so those bands top Glastonbury for me.

2 hours ago, Tremousse said:

So do you prefer Glastonbury's line-up or Rock Werchter's line-up ? 

My vote goes to Rock Werchter :)

Screenshot_2016-03-29-10-22-33.png

Glastonbury without a doubt!

Muse, Coldplay, LCD Soundsystem, Sigur Ros, The Syrian National Orchestra (with Damon Albarn), M83, Protoje, Fatboy Slim, Explosions In The Sky.

+ Foals, Beck, James Blake, Chvrches, OMAM from RW.

58 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Glastonbury without a doubt!

Muse, Coldplay, LCD Soundsystem, Sigur Ros, The Syrian National Orchestra (with Damon Albarn), M83, Protoje, Fatboy Slim, Explosions In The Sky.

+ Foals, Beck, James Blake, Chvrches, OMAM from RW.

The other issue at Glasto is you can pick the acts you want to see and simply half them because you won't get to see them all as the site is so vast.

Edited by BlockRockinBeats

There is one act in particular which makes me reconsider my choice (in the lineup even if it's not on the bill) : James. In my opinion James is one of the best festival acts ever, and the best festival act of this year (and the year before too...). I don't say that they are the best band, but in my own they embody a festival act (Intensity, joyful happiness, massive crowd, big party, positive vibes, everyone in the same soul spirit).

14 hours ago, foolee said:

Apart from Coldplay, ELO and Sigur Ros I wouldn't want anything else from that lineup and werchter has Tame Impala, Chili Peppers, Editors and Macklemore so those bands top Glastonbury for me.

I think it's hard to compare yet....give it until the next announcement....I wouldn't swap RW for it though.

Even if this was the final Glasto lineup - and it's isn't - i'd still take it over RW easily. And I don't even like any of their headliners.

It's so stacked it's ridiculous... it has almost all of RW selling points (Beck, New Order, PJ, etc) plus the likes of LCD, Madness, ELO, Explosions, Mac DeMarco, UMO, etc... the only thing Werchter has for it is McCartney.

18 hours ago, yaniv297 said:

Even if this was the final Glasto lineup - and it's isn't - i'd still take it over RW easily. And I don't even like any of their headliners.

It's so stacked it's ridiculous... it has almost all of RW selling points (Beck, New Order, PJ, etc) plus the likes of LCD, Madness, ELO, Explosions, Mac DeMarco, UMO, etc... the only thing Werchter has for it is McCartney.

and there's still hundreds and hundreds of acts to still be announced. Less than 10% has been announced so far.

Even then it might not be everyone's bag, but it's too early for anyone sensible to be writing it off just yet.

Not saying I was writing it off, just saying the biggest main acts at Rock werchter are better at the moment than Glastonbury therefore I think Rock werchter wins at the minute, obviously all about opinion with which acts people think are good. I will say I've never been to glasto so I don't know what the other parts of the festival offer so I'm going solely on acts

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

and there's still hundreds and hundreds of acts to still be announced. Less than 10% has been announced so far.

Even then it might not be everyone's bag, but it's too early for anyone sensible to be writing it off just yet.

No one here is writing it off... It's just a vote between the final Rock Werchter's line up and the Glastonbury's line up at the minute. Both line up are awesome in their way. Less than 10% has been announced but these 10% include many big acts of the festival, so I don't think that it's too early to ask this question ;)

7 minutes ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

Macca only playing 2h15min. Quite short, would've expected at least 2,5h...

So basically only hits from him :) goodie ! No surprises with the clashes for me.

Thursday is Nathaniel vs Kaiser Chiefs and Macca vs New Order,

Friday - Rabbit vs Smoke and ATDI vs Sir Plant,

Saturday - RHCP vs Tame Impala

Sunday - Iggy & LSP vs Folas & Beck

1 hour ago, heti said:

So basically only hits from him :) goodie ! No surprises with the clashes for me.

Thursday is Nathaniel vs Kaiser Chiefs and Macca vs New Order,

Friday - Rabbit vs Smoke and ATDI vs Sir Plant,

Saturday - RHCP vs Tame Impala

Sunday - Iggy & LSP vs Folas & Beck

In my own the most awful clash is on Saturday with Glen Hansard vs Band Of Horses :(

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

Very good news : there will be screens outside The Barn and Klub C :) 

They are looking into it*

Although I don't doubt they will find a solution. Twitter was already filled with complaints before the festival was over, and the organisation admitted there was a problem as early as the week after. Not to mention that with Beck, Tame Impala, The 1975, Skunk Anansie, ... there are bound to be heavily packed tents again. 

On 4.4.2016 at 0:05 AM, Dietediet said:

They are looking into it*

Although I don't doubt they will find a solution. Twitter was already filled with complaints before the festival was over, and the organisation admitted there was a problem as early as the week after. Not to mention that with Beck, Tame Impala, The 1975, Skunk Anansie, ... there are bound to be heavily packed tents again. 

Last year they expanded the Barn's capacity to 15k, and the KluB's to 10k... but the Israeli guys who went to see alt-j, Alabama Shakes and co. are still complaining about the packed tents.

Edited by Orens

“Nothing went wrong. They [Radiohead] just decided early on not to do very many or very big festivals this year. Hopefully they Will be back in the future with a vengeance.”

Roskilde on why they didn't book Roskilde. That's in line with what the Pinkpop organiser said a few months ago, and back then he added that Radiohead was open for major festival bookings in 2017.