Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

12 hours ago, yaniv297 said:

Oh well... for a festival with such a weak lineup, I find it quite annoying that McCartney and New Order (among their 3-4 best acts) clash with each other. Just seem very avoidable. 

Macca was a really late addition, and the clash seems unavoidable if he plays such a long set.

I really don't get having James Blake, Flume and Years&Years play the tents on Thursday, the night in which Disclosure close the Main Stage. A clash seemed imminent, and eventually Disclosure will clash with one of their biggest influences. It's obviously not as bad as clashing Pearl Jam and Pixies in 2014, but awful nonetheless.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello friends, 

this year I am coming from Italy by plane and need some information.. is there any way to reach the airport in charleroi right after the festival ends? I'll probably book a plane departing at 6.20 on monday morning, but I need to know if I can make it to the airport during the night.

Thank you in advance!

25 minutes ago, zbo said:

Hello friends, 

this year I am coming from Italy by plane and need some information.. is there any way to reach the airport in charleroi right after the festival ends? I'll probably book a plane departing at 6.20 on monday morning, but I need to know if I can make it to the airport during the night.

Thank you in advance!

Last year we had a similar problem, we had an early flight at around 6. If I'm not mistaken there are no trains after midnight.

What we did was, as soon as the festival was over we went back to the camp site, packed our things and rushed to catch the last shuttle to Brussels.

Unfortunately there were no trains at that time, so we ended up stuck in the train station waiting for the first train. 

36 minutes ago, Bilbo Baggins said:

Last year we had a similar problem, we had an early flight at around 6. If I'm not mistaken there are no trains after midnight.

What we did was, as soon as the festival was over we went back to the camp site, packed our things and rushed to catch the last shuttle to Brussels.

Unfortunately there were no trains at that time, so we ended up stuck in the train station waiting for the first train. 

did u manage to catch the plane? :D

1 hour ago, zbo said:

Hello friends, 

Thank you in advance!

Try this https://www.flibco.com/en

Edited by alan_ts

3 hours ago, zbo said:

Hello friends, 

Thank you in advance!

Depending on how old you are, you could hire a car and drive up to the airport after the festival ends

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

Depending on how old you are, you could hire a car and drive up to the airport after the festival ends

didn't even think of that but that's a great idea..I could get the car in leuven on sunday morning, drive to werchter and then drive to the airport when the festival ends :D

anyone need a ride? haha

28 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Quite some neutral/negative comments on the Pukkelpop announcements. Can see the Werchter tickets get a small boost from people who were waiting for Pukkelpop names first. 

Are Biffy not that popular in Belgium ? Thought their announcement would boost a festival as opposed to the opposite. Bloc Party also a good addition imo

15 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Are Biffy not that popular in Belgium ? Thought their announcement would boost a festival as opposed to the opposite. Bloc Party also a good addition imo

Never really been big here, no. Black Chandeliers is the only Biffy song that managed to get radio airplay in Belgium (and only in low rotation) and never got beyond club shows. Think they'll grab a 5pm Main Stage slot at best at Pukkelpop, even Damian Marley and Jamie Lidell are in a bigger font on the poster.