Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

22 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Yeah but it makes RW looks strong with four headliners who can headline at any festival in the world (size-wise, Rammstein ain't gonna headline Glastonbury ever) plus one "local" headliner in Editors. Unless Pinkpop gonna pull a surprise on Wednesday, it's probably be more than all of their competition.

All that left is hope for a good undercard and although most of the top spots are already taken, know that surprises happen (as in DCFC scheduled in the Barn at 15:20 @2015 etc...)

I don't think headliners are that strong to be honest. Macca probably appeals to a wide cross section, rammstien won't appeal to a a massive amount although they're best one for me. RHCP are really dull live albeit a big name and flo and that pair of clowns would never get close to headlining most festivals. Editors are a O2 size band in UK. For me Radiohead and Arcade Fire top 3 out of 4 RW headliners. Comes down to a matter of taste.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I don't think headliners are that strong to be honest. Macca probably appeals to a wide cross section, rammstien won't appeal to a a massive amount although they're best one for me. RHCP are really dull live albeit a big name and flo and that pair of clowns would never get close to headlining most festivals. Editors are a O2 size band in UK. For me Radiohead and Arcade Fire top 3 out of 4 RW headliners. Comes down to a matter of taste.

I didn't mean strong headliners for my taste, not at all. I wish I could we could just have PJ, Radiohead and Arcade Fire instead of those 4. I meant 4 headliners that can headline everywhere in the world in terms of size. Of course Rammstein isn't a band for every festival but they are massive.

I dislike the fact that Flo is the Sunday headliner too but to be fair, she can headline everywhere now. Last year she already headlined Sziget, Beni, Austin City Limits, Ho/Su (and Glastonbury, eventually) and this year she's gonna headline Open'er, FireFly, all Lollapalooza @South America and also got her own BST day..

Even if on the website Macklemore & Florence are as high as other headliners, it's not enough to be certain that they are the 2 only coheadliners. Ellie Goulding is in this package too. I don't see why she would be cohead, to me she's a sub (Macca is a division above). 

Another thing that give me faith is the programme of last year's Thursday with Flo + FF + Chemicals. Sunday is the closing day, RW has to propose something as awesome as last year. 

Even if Radiohead seems too big cause we have already a lot of names, there are other solutions (the Cure, Green Day (are they ruled out?)...)

Stay optimistic ;)

3 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Even if on the website Macklemore & Florence are as high as other headliners, it's not enough to be certain that they are the 2 only coheadliners. Ellie Goulding is in this package too. I don't see why she would be cohead, to me she's a sub (Macca is a division above). 

Another thing that give me faith is the programme of last year's Thursday with Flo + FF + Chemicals. Sunday is the closing day, RW has to propose something as awesome as last year. 

Even if Radiohead seems too big cause we have already a lot of names, there are other solutions (the Cure, Green Day (are they ruled out?)...)

Stay optimistic ;)

I like your last few lines. Be awesome to finish with either of those. Green day can be a bit cheesy with the i said a eho nonsense but they have some good tunes and would be a far better end of festival than dumb and dumber 

Edited by Red Day

12 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Because on the Facebook banner Florence was a bigger size than Ellie Goulding, same size as Rammstein/RHCP/Editors. And as e2p2 said: she's headlining major fests all over Europe, and she easily sells out the biggest arenas in Belgium. RW is getting shit for giving a headliner position to an act who actually merits it. My only complaint would be that she's a repeat without any new material. 

4 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Because on the Facebook banner Florence was a bigger size than Ellie Goulding, same size as Rammstein/RHCP/Editors. And as e2p2 said: she's headlining major fests all over Europe, and she easily sells out the biggest arenas in Belgium. RW is getting shit for giving a headliner position to an act who actually merits it. My only complaint would be that she's a repeat without any new material. 

Concerning Florence, yes I agree, but not for Macklemore ! Yes he is the closing act, cause he is a party act, but we have to wait for the poster to see if he has the same size that other headliners; Nothing proves there won't be another cohead with Flo + Macklemore !

53 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Concerning Florence, yes I agree, but not for Macklemore ! Yes he is the closing act, cause he is a party act, but we have to wait for the poster to see if he has the same size that other headliners; Nothing proves there won't be another cohead with Flo + Macklemore !

At best The National before Florence, more than that I can't see happening. 

57 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

My top 5 is always the same, so I really hope for friday announcement:

Massive attack (saw them last friday in milan and they were fantastic)

moderat

sufjan stevens

kendrick lamar

deftones

Yeah, Massive Attack is amazing! Keep fingers crossed for them.

My top 5 to improve current line up: Biffy Clyro, The Maccabees, The Temper Trap, Bloc Party, Foals. And Radiohead for sure ))

1 minute ago, McCallion said:

I agree that she's a worthy headliner, just a shame that we'll get the exact same set as last year.

does seem a bit strange although I did hear she was brilliant and one of the highlights at last years festival

24 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised by her set :)

She was amazing last year !! Logically, the subheadlines/coheadline slots which are not announced yet are Foals (NOS), Iggy Pop (Main Square) + a third one (I want to say the National)

54 minutes ago, McCallion said:

I agree that she's a worthy headliner, just a shame that we'll get the exact same set as last year.

Technically its not gonna be the same set as she will get additional 30 minutes which is 50% more time than last year's set.  The question is whether she has enough energy and songs to keep it in the same level or even surprise again. 

Hoping for Biffy Clyro, Foals, All Time Low and Jake Bugg however I think pukkelpop will book Biffy/Foals because they're going to be at R&L.

Not sure about ATL and Jake Bugg though, does anyone know how popular these are in Belgium/likelihood of those two at Rock Werchter? Both have a been announced for festivals in June.

52 minutes ago, foolee said:

Hoping for Biffy Clyro, Foals, All Time Low and Jake Bugg however I think pukkelpop will book Biffy/Foals because they're going to be at R&L.

Not sure about ATL and Jake Bugg though, does anyone know how popular these are in Belgium/likelihood of those two at Rock Werchter? Both have a been announced for festivals in June.

I'm hoping Biffy are at Glasto in some way possible to see them as I don't think their day at Reading will fall nicely. Can't be bothered driving to Leeds and back on Friday then down to Victorious on Saturday.

By the way Pearl Jam are definitely ruled out and won't add an European leg because they headline the Ride festival (Colorado, 9th July).

EDIT : and they are subbed by Cage The Elephant and The Temperance Movement.

Edited by Tremousse

7 hours ago, pryce said:

does seem a bit strange although I did hear she was brilliant and one of the highlights at last years festival

She certainly wasn't highlight of festival. Patti Smith won that hands down. 

Edited by Red Day