Tremousse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

Isn't Belgium Still waiting for Coldplay show too while they already have two arena shows at Amsterdam ? 

I just don't see Bruce playing RW. 

Yes true. But it's unlikely that a Belgian show is still to be added in the case of Coldplay. So let me change that into: "if Bruce is also playing Belgium, ...".

I can't see him at RW either. But I wouldn't be surprised to get a "TW Classic presents 'Springsteen playing The River'" announcement at 4pm. 

1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

Yes true. But it's unlikely that a Belgian show is still to be added in the case of Coldplay. So let me change that into: "if Bruce is also playing Belgium, ...".

I can't see him at RW either. But I wouldn't be surprised to get a "TW Classic presents 'Springsteen playing The River'" announcement at 4pm. 

I'm getting less and less confident Bruce will be at RW by the day. That being said, all the main contenders that are being speculated don't seem very likely anymore. Radiohead have suposedly anounced all their EU dates, same for Arcade Fire. Pearl Jam management stated directly they won't be at RW. MUSE played last year. Absolutely nothing coming out of the Foo Fighters.  Springsteen is the only one at the moment who hasn't got a reason for not being there (which is the worst logic for speculating a headliner ever!) Tbh, my best guess at the minute is that we'll get a headliner in the next 2-3 weeks and it will be someone totally random and average that we haven't even talked about. That's why my fingers are crossed for Bruce. Wait and see I guess!

The National are one of my favorite bands and I would  love to see them again but I will be surprised if they will be Thursday headliner.   No new album is planned for 2016 plus the fact that 2013's Thursday didnt sell out (or maybe did sold out few days before the Festival) with The National - Green Day - Netsky trio (and Sigur Ros,  Bloc Party,  Vempire Weekend on it too). I guess in the general public Ellie Goulding is more popular than them too. 

Agreed that the ticket sales would be rather poor even if they are crowd favourites. But I assume that in the case of bumping up The National, the organisation is that desperate that ticket sales don't matter anymore, only filling up that headline spot by a somewhat worthy band does. 

And booking The National maybe costs half as much as Pearl Jam or Springsteen. Already compensates the possible losses when not selling out. 

5 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Agreed that the ticket sales would be rather poor even if they are crowd favourites. But I assume that in the case of bumping up The National, the organisation is that desperate that ticket sales don't matter anymore, only filling up that headline spot by a somewhat worthy band does. 

And booking The National maybe costs half as much as Pearl Jam or Springsteen. Already compensates the possible losses when not selling out. 

Can see your logic there but surely a festival that's got a habit of selling out would try and get an worthy of headline status to sell as many tickets as possible.  As much as I love The National I don't think they're quite headliners.  I've had faith in RW since they pulled out the stops to get FNM last year instead of bumping up Flo, who again is someone I don't think merits festival headliner status.

I think last time they didnt have a "true" headliner* was in 2012 when they had the XX - Editors - Chase&Status on the Saturday . I wasn't  there and I didn't follow so I dont know what happend and what led to booking Editors in March but I know that even if PJ bailed out late October,  RW still had enough time to book  a proper headliner, like Radiohead,  Arcade Fire,  etc. so I dont think they'll book the National as Thursday headliner. 

*I know some here dont think of Lenny Kravitz / Arctic Monkeys / M&S etc. As a proper headliner but they've got the tunes which make them headline almost everywhere whether they deserve  or don't . 

Edited by e2p2

29 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Do you think that maybe it's someone that's playing grasspop or dour and that's what's causing the hold up?

I know they don't usually share acts, but if they were it might be in the agreement that werchter can't announce until after a certain date?

Given that RW has already Rammstein as metal headliner, I don't expect another metal headliner shared. 

RW always have 2 headliners + 2 BIG headliners; (when I say big, I say very popular; last year Foos + Muse initially, the year before Pearl Jam + Metallica ...) and one BIG headliner is missing if we consider that the Red Hot Chili Peppers are the big one. Dour has no headliner of this size; So I think that at least one big headliner is still coming (the cancellation of the Foos last year could give us two big names still), probably not shared with Graspop, surely not shared with Dour ;)

I hope that the National will come too :) (as sub).

Well yes Rammstein is big, but not big enough to be a class higher than all the other names of the same day (same for the Red Hot, that's why Editors play on this day, that's what I mean); that's why in 2013 Rammstein was subbed by ... Nick Cave... And Volbeat. So I think that very good names are coming for Thursday, maybe Friday (even if it's already incredible) and Sunday ;) 

Someone on a Dutch forum who seems to have inside info (he 'leaked' some headliners for smaller Belgian fests like Cactus Festival) says that Bruce Springsteen will be the TW Classic headliner.

Also he claimed that Radiohead would not headline RW, immediatly after their announcement for Primavera and that Swiss festival...  

And St. Germain is now on the ruled out list: Belgian festival date in August. 

Edited by Dietediet

19 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Someone on a Dutch forum who seems to have inside info (he 'leaked' some headliners for smaller Belgian fests like Cactus Festival) says that Bruce Springsteen will be the TW Classic headliner.

Also he claimed that Radiohead would not headline RW, immediatly after their announcement for Primavera and that Swiss festival...  

And St. Germain is now on the ruled out list: Belgian festival date in August. 

What I've been dreading. Imo, Springsteen is the only name that could save the day as far as RW is concerned atm. 

Out of interest are RW and TW Classic organised by the same people?

Just now, heti said:

So who's left to headline ? I'm running out of ideas....

So are Rock Werchter I think! Since KoL were mentioned yesterday I've been having nightmares!

I got a facebook flashback thing this morning saying a year ago today I bought my Rock Werchter 2015 ticket. This time last year we had Muse, Foos, Flo, Death Cab, Kasabian, Kravitz, Noely G, Royal Blood, Chemical Bros and The War On Drugs. Thats 10 acts that, not only was I interested in seeing, but was unbelievably excited to see live. 

A year later and of the current lineup only Rammstein, ATDI and RHCP (admittedly more out of curiosity) have that same effect. It really needs saving...

The Sunday of last year was so phenomenal in my book that me and my friends camped out at the barrier all day and were not disappointed by a single band (with the exception of maybe The Script but they were good novelty value). The only reason I'd do that this year is so I could maybe chuck a shitty warm half pint of Jupiler at Ellie Goulding's head and even that would probably be a waste of a token!