Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I understand peoples disappointment this year. In general, I think that Werchter perhaps relies too much on popularity + a more pop oriented approach. I mean, take Werchters lineup in 2009 for example (Coldplay,  Oasis, Prodigy, Limp Bizkit, Metallica, Nine Inch Nails, Placebo, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Kings of Leon) and it seems to me that the festival has diminished in both rock oriented approach and amount of big artists. Cold just be me turning into an old conservative guy though;)

Edited by ParanoidTourist

2 hours ago, Red Day said:

If we hadn't bought and paid for everything there's no way I'd go. No idea what they're playing at this year and I expected so much better. TITP took a sell out for granted and struggle to shift tickets now. If RW through together a poor quality line up and take their audience for granted, they'll go same way. It's not as if Europe doesn't offer a huge choice of festivals 

Is there no way you can get out of it?

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

Your not joking. Looks like the generic T or V line ups. really disappointing this year. 

Well I certainly no help in thinking RAR is the Euro one for me to try.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Is there no way you can get out of it?

Well I certainly no help in thinking RAR is the Euro one for me to try.

Only way out would be it selling out and someone buying the tickets.  Thing is we have tickets and booked a tipi in the hive resort.  Looks like I'm stuck with it.

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

Only way out would be it selling out and someone buying the tickets.  Thing is we have tickets and booked a tipi in the hive resort.  Looks like I'm stuck with it.

Ah so you can't just pitch a tent? Is there a deposit system you can use that let's use pay instalements usually?

11 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Ah so you can't just pitch a tent? Is there a deposit system you can use that let's use pay instalements usually?

You can pitch in hive but we've gone for a tipi between us. Everything had to be paid up front, there's no deposit scheme. 

Edited by Red Day

Never heard of them. At this point, I'm kind of not interested in any other acts being added that don't resemble a rock band haha. There's enough pop, indie, electronic, folk and dance on the line up as it is. If Fridays bands were spread out through the week I think I'd be feeling lot better about it. As it is, I might as well not be there Thursday and Sunday and Saturday day time.

IGGY POP  is playing on the first at the main square festival so 95% he will be one of the headliner of thursday.in the other name who play at main square  who are probably  gonna be added to werchter : GINZHU,FLUME,MACKELMORE,WALK OFF THE EARTH

M83, CHVRCHES AND CIRCA WAVES is basically playing  every single  festival so it would be very unlikely to not see them

RADIOHEAD,LCD SOUNDSYSTEM,BLINK182,OF MONSTER AND MEN,MUMFORD AND SONS,THE 1975,FOALS,KINGS OF LEON,PIXIES,LANA DEL REY are playing here and there this summer  so   good probability to see some of this names added to the list

53 minutes ago, raccamme said:

IGGY POP  is playing on the first at the main square festival so 95% he will be one of the headliner of thursday.in the other name who play at main square  who are probably  gonna be added to werchter : GINZHU,FLUME,MACKELMORE,WALK OFF THE EARTH

M83, CHVRCHES AND CIRCA WAVES is basically playing  every single  festival so it would be very unlikely to not see them

RADIOHEAD,LCD SOUNDSYSTEM,BLINK182,OF MONSTER AND MEN,MUMFORD AND SONS,THE 1975,FOALS,KINGS OF LEON,PIXIES,LANA DEL REY are playing here and there this summer  so   good probability to see some of this names added to the list

There is nothing to suggest Blink 182, KOL or LDR are over here then I don't think? 

I don't think people will be jumping for Mumford or OMAM.

LDR  is playing  in france  in the second weekend of july.

sorry for blink 182 and king of leon just realized it was a festival in the us.

and  as for mumford and OMAM i agree  with and i think they were both playing last year as well

Edited by raccamme

26 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think people will be jumping for Mumford or OMAM.

I would actually jump really high for those two bands. They would save the line up for me. 

Btw. clashfinder has updated the lineup with new names and has deleted some others. E.g. Netsky. 

IMO, It looks more and more boring with only a few other bands I am might going see: The Boss, Nothing but Thieves, Kodaline, Bastille, Block Party, Iggy Pop, Ghost, Tool, The 1975 and Kendrick Lamar.

Some of them I do not even like, but my friends do, so I might see them anyways. 

I know that these band are not confirmed (yet?), and I hope Clashfinder is far off!

Edited by Hyllebergxd

27 minutes ago, raccamme said:

LDR  is playing  in france  in the second weekend of july.

sorry for blink 182 and king of leon just realized it was a festival in the us.

and  as for mumford and OMAM i agree  with and i think they were both playing last year as well

I would take LDR back at Glasto but she has somewhat of a rare booking feeling to her. High Other stage spot would be decent but her 2nd album was too draggy.

On 5 February 2016 at 4:19 PM, Red Day said:

If we hadn't bought and paid for everything there's no way I'd go. No idea what they're playing at this year and I expected so much better. TITP took a sell out for granted and struggle to shift tickets now. If RW through together a poor quality line up and take their audience for granted, they'll go same way. It's not as if Europe doesn't offer a huge choice of festivals 

I can only speak for German fests but this year's lineup is still a lot better than what you would get at Rock am Ring/Hurricane these days. It might be sub par for Werchter, but Rammstein + RHCP is something and there certainly is enough decent stuff in the undercard. 

Edited by rzwodezwo