• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, alan_ts said:

:D

Last year combi tickets sold out at the end of March but the festival has moved a week earlier then usual.  2014 edition sold much faster,  end of January I think.  So it depends on the quality of the lineup and other stuff,  but I'll say its something in between those dates. 

Edited by e2p2

Belgians don't like to buy tickets based on just a handful of names. Day tickets for the combination Placebo - Metallica - Skrillex took over 1 month to sell out, the combo Florence - Foo Fighters - Chemical Brothers even took 1,5 month. The record for weekend tickets must be about 1,5-2 months before selling out. 

So no need to worry about those sales really, just don't delay decisions until February-March either. 

Also, here is my guess for what happened and will happen:

There were complications with booking RHCP, so we didn't get them along with other festivals. For the same reason Editors weren't announced yet, this way they could still serve as a backup for in case RHCP went wrong. Now I think we'll get Editors to join Florence in the next two weeks, that way you have a crowd favourite coheadliner combo and great sales despite them being two smaller names. Then Pearl Jam at the start of December, they are heavily rumoured to announce a festival tour in the next weeks which would include RW. Would make the first time in years that there's not a 'disappointing' headliner (like Mumford, Pharrel, KoL).

Note: this is all a guess without any sources. But by the looks of it, it's all very plausible. 

I'm from Paris and I've just heard important news on the main french rock radio OuiFM. As you know, Foo Fighters cancelled the rest of their tour because of the tragedy we've lived these last days. But the radio said the Foos changer their mind, and they were planning new dates, with extras. It is still not precise, but we could have surprises... It will depend on if Werchter has booked all the headliners etc... Wait and see ;)

9 hours ago, e2p2 said:

So sad.  Good to hear you're ok @Tremousse

Thank you @e2p2 . I won't spread sadness on this forum because de have to live with more love and rock'n'roll. We are all deeply affected, everyone has a loss (a friend or someone from our workplace etc... I felt broken after seeing that a member of the Pearl Jam fan club (ten club) was killed) That's why we need a fantastic line-up ! I dream of Pearl Jam, Frank Turner and Gogol Bordello. I want The Last Shadow Puppets because my friends are big fans, and even if it's nearly impossible, I had written James in my wishlist, who just announced a new album and a UK tour in May ! 

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Pixies barn headliner? Or more afternoon main stage nowadays?

They were fantastic in the barn in 2014 so I'd happily see them headlining it again. But I think as it'll be so soon after they last played I'm unsure they will play and if they do they could well be on main, that's if they want to accept that slot. 

For those who are afraid KoL is an option for RW because they're playing at Firefly: They were supposed to headline there in 2015 but minutes before their set,  the organization decided to evacuate the festival ground due to weather. So,  they're not necessarily touring.