Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

Foals, Wiz Khalifa, New Order and Bring Me The Horizon for Roskilde. (and Dusky and Odesza)

Foals are now highly probable for Rock Werchter. Roskilde already has Red Hot Chili Peppers, Action Bronson, Courtney Barnett and Mac DeMarco.

We'll surely get several of these 10 names. (I bet on Foals, Action Bronson, Courtney Barnett and Bring Me The Horizon)

Edited by Tremousse

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Bilbo Baggins said:

Should we expect any new names this Friday?

The Rock Werchter social media manager tweeted on his personal account that it's too early to start announcing in patterns. At this stage, names will come when they can be released rather than doing a weekly Friday 4pm announcement. 

2 hours ago, Tremousse said:

Foals, Wiz Khalifa, New Order and Bring Me The Horizon for Roskilde. (and Dusky and Odesza)

Foals are now highly probable for Rock Werchter. Roskilde already has Red Hot Chili Peppers, Action Bronson, Courtney Barnett and Mac DeMarco.

We'll surely get several of these 10 names. (I bet on Foals, Action Bronson, Courtney Barnett and Bring Me The Horizon)

I can see Rock Werchter booking Wiz Khalifa and New Order as well as the 4 you have stated. Thinking New Order would make for a fantastic Barn headliner!

Still thinking Red Hot Chili Peppers will be one of the headliners as well.

1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

The Rock Werchter social media manager tweeted on his personal account that it's too early to start announcing in patterns. At this stage, names will come when they can be released rather than doing a weekly Friday 4pm announcement. 

Although this is true I still expect/hope for announcements at this time on a weekly basis as several festivals have announced many acts.

15 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Looks like the G'n'R reunion is happening...

http://dishnation.com/guns-n-roses-reunion-tour-2016/

Right up RW's street I'd imagine but I'd love them at Pukkelpop instead.

That would be amazing providing they turned up and could get it together live. I'd be a bit worried that tickets could sell out quicker than usual though which I wouldn't be too pleased about as have already decided on RW next year.. 

Can't see it though, think they'd either do a stadium in Belgium or Werchter Classic/Boutique 

On 11-11-2015 17:49:46, Red Day said:

What's the twitter name of the RW guy ?

@jacob_be. He doesn't seem to tweet about RW a lot though, the comment about 'too early' was in a reply directed to a friend of his. 

27 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Looks like the G'n'R reunion is happening...

http://dishnation.com/guns-n-roses-reunion-tour-2016/

Right up RW's street I'd imagine but I'd love them at Pukkelpop instead.

Don't think they'll fit in Pukkelpop's street as they're supposedly asking 1,5M per reunion show according to those same rumours.

Not sure if Werchter would actually. I know Graspop has had a lot of issues both times they played (once started 90 minutes late, another time 20 minutes early on purpose to annoy the other bands playing at that same time). A solo gig at Boutique or the Graspop field (like AC/DC this year) might indeed make more sense. Or a TW Classic with hardrock bands. 

3 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Simple solution for any festival promoter is to deduct 100k for every 10 minutes they're late. 

That'd sort it out.

Gnr would pay them at the end...

Jk, they are not that bad now. I saw them 2 times, in 2010 and 2012. They were late around 20 minutes both times. And if it's happening Slash and others will probably sort it out with Axl. I don't think that they want to be part of that circus again

Edited by Nicklord

14 minutes ago, Luke Routledge said:

Got a question for the experts,

Anyone know if there is anywhere I could buy a tent near the festival? Getting more baggage is more than double flight price!

There's a couple of camping shops in leuven and there would be plenty of choice in Brussels.

Depending what's more convenient for you really.

Edited by thetime

3 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Thursday usually has a major/strong headliner, because it's not easy to sell out a weekday. So we're still due one headliner that is not Editors/The National/Gorillaz.

Pearl Jam - Rammstein - RHCP - Florence/Editors (coheadline) seems like a very plausible scenario now.

I'd say that's what you'll get. Not much kop.