Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

Seeing some fairly grim scenes on just the first day at Glastonbury, had a lot of rain in that part of the world the last few weeks. Anyone fairly local to Latitude Site?

How will ground be fairing up there??

Not from Suffolk so don't know current conditions, but even with heavy rain you don't get the Glastonbury mud. Soil is different, sandy at Latitude so drains better. There are some muddy areas, notably Hollow Tree Way which is one of routes from the camping areas to the village and the arena as this is cover erred by trees, but the mud can be avoided, never had a problem and been going since 2010. The arena is generally very good with a few muddy parts in the woods areas.

12 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

Seeing some fairly grim scenes on just the first day at Glastonbury, had a lot of rain in that part of the world the last few weeks. Anyone fairly local to Latitude Site?

The Latitude site is a world away from Glastonbury in terms of mud, Glastonbury having thick sticky cloddy type mud and Latitude being coastal has a very sandy soil, so drains a lot quicker, it can have a downpour over night and you wouldn't know by the time you got up....there are a couple of patches in camping and the village that can get a bit of muddy puddles but nothing on the scale of Glastonbury...

14 hours ago, magicg said:

Does anyone know of any Camp solo type groups that go to latitude. Really like the line up, but no one i know is up for going?

Cheers.

There is a group called Billy Loadsa Mates, a very friendly bunch

there campsite is marked on the official Latitude map.

They have a Facebook page 'Billy Loudsa Mates 2016'

you can also make contact on the unofficial Latitude forum

17 hours ago, magicg said:

Does anyone know of any Camp solo type groups that go to latitude. Really like the line up, but no one i know is up for going?

Cheers.

As James says, we are a very friendly bunch, and I'd 100% agree with you it is a really good line-up this year.  Hopefully you will feel encouraged enough to get a ticket and come and camp with us. On the map we are in-between the 2 pink areas near Red camping.

1 hour ago, magicg said:

Sounds good, anyone got a link to the Facebook page? When I type in 'Billy Loudsa Mates 2016' in Facebook nothing seems to pop up.

Cheers guys

James was clearly a bit stressed with his typing this morning.  While some of us may or may not be loud, the group is Billy Loadsa Mates 2016

Just now, Jacko45 said:

Just a heads up guys! It's CAMPING WEEK at Aldi some fantastic bargains.

Just got a great blow up two seater for £20, blew it up and great quality feels very robust too which is brilliant. 

Cheers for that! Going to start getting bits together. Haven't had the tent out for a while. Was considering buying a nice canvas bell tent but can't make my mind up. A blow up sofa sounds a treat though.

2 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Cheers for that! Going to start getting bits together. Haven't had the tent out for a while. Was considering buying a nice canvas bell tent but can't make my mind up. A blow up sofa sounds a treat though.

No problem, also check out B&M if you have one of those close to you! It's fantastic for little camping bits. 

Ooooo also I wouldn't recommend a Canvas tent, my mates suffered badly in the rain storm at Latitude 2014, leaked very badly. 

Here is our pop up sofa in action, apologies for my semi-erotic pose, I was attempting to show its versatility.... 

5wxUhme.png

Just now, Jacko45 said:

No problem, also check out B&M if you have one of those close to you! It's fantastic for little camping bits. 

Ooooo also I wouldn't recommend a Canvas tent, my mates suffered badly in the rain storm at Latitude 2014, leaked very badly. 

Here is our pop up sofa in action, apologies for my semi-erotic pose, I was attempting to show its versatility.... 

Ahh would you say? Last year was my first year and the weather was glorious so perhaps I'm being hopeful! Probably sensible though to stick with our decent camping tent. That sofa looks decent! May have to pop into Aldi on the way home! 

19 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Ahh would you say? Last year was my first year and the weather was glorious so perhaps I'm being hopeful! Probably sensible though to stick with our decent camping tent. That sofa looks decent! May have to pop into Aldi on the way home! 

I'd assume you get varying quality Canvas tents to be fair but I'd always stick with a camping tent with good HH value. 

17 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

Guys a heads up! Order 20 Cold Cans of Carlsberg / Carlsberg Export / Somersby for £20 and collect at the festival. 

Little bit more pricey but no need to carry and they'll be lovely and cold, pay when you get there. 

http://www.festivalcoldcans.co.uk/age-check/?url=http://www.festivalcoldcans.co.uk/pre-order/

Yep just ordered my Somersby...plus one of the power bars for £20.  No limit on the amount of time you can charge either.  Yipeee.  

On 6/20/2016 at 11:27 AM, Jacko45 said:

We arrived on Thursday morning around 11am I believe and we were one of the first cars in the Carpark, also found leaving a complete doddle. We left around 8am on the Monday! We must of got super lucky but found it all very easy.

Hey! We're looking to get into the car park at a similar time. What was the situation once you were parked up? Did you go and join the queue to get in straight away, or did you wait it out in your car for a bit? What time did you get into the campsite?

Cheers :) 

On 22/06/2016 at 10:14 AM, Jacko45 said:

while its true ' the main area ' does drain away fast there is some areas that were water logged in 2012 although only people who were working there would be aware a about this.

see image { with lots of people } - that was directly opposite Pink Moon .

it was without a doubt a right pain that year - we did walk into the ticket holder campsite and that looked fine.

This year they have moved stuff about and we are using a new Crew camp site miles away from the crew site in 2012 although its not clear if that field will be part used by staff this year.

other shot is from the guest parking in 2012 and they had a struggle to get all the cars out.

all the other years were fine but we were camping in a different field.

If you compare Glasto and Latitude there is no real comparison due to the ground - and even
if it has the same amount of rain - Latitude will fair much better - it will not be a rerun of Glasto 2016.

2012-wbc-69.jpg

2012-wbc4444444444-53.jpg

Edited by glasto-worker

2 hours ago, Dr Glasto said:

Hey! We're looking to get into the car park at a similar time. What was the situation once you were parked up? Did you go and join the queue to get in straight away, or did you wait it out in your car for a bit? What time did you get into the campsite?

Cheers :) 

Hello mate, ermmm my timings may be a little off as it was 2 years ago but pretty sure we were parked up by 11am. 

We just went and joined a pretty small queue and sat on our bags until they opened the gates, seems they're meant to open at 2pm but they just open whenever. The whole queuing and parking experience was fantastic compared to Leeds Festival / Kendal Calling. 

It all feels so brilliantly organised, the walk to the campsite is minuscule compared to others, easy to make a few trips and take it easy. 

Just looked at the July forecast and it looks okay! Is there any point in taking wellies or will walking boots be fine? We've decided to leave early Friday morning to arrive there at 9am, the Guest box office doesn't open until 9. Hoping there will be plenty of camping spaces left!

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

Just looked at the July forecast and it looks okay! Is there any point in taking wellies or will walking boots be fine? We've decided to leave early Friday morning to arrive there at 9am, the Guest box office doesn't open until 9. Hoping there will be plenty of camping spaces left!

I'm not holding out too much hope weather wise, been such an awful summer so far. 

What's your weather predictions guys?

Im thinking dry start but bad rain Saturday / Sunday sadly 

5 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

I'm not holding out too much hope weather wise, been such an awful summer so far. 

What's your weather predictions guys?

Im thinking dry start but bad rain Saturday / Sunday sadly 

Yeah the long-range forecasts aren't looking good. 'Unusually wet in the East of England' seems to be the general consensus at the moment :unsure: