Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great additions, so glad that Kurt Vile doesn't clash with the National.  I've seen Soulwax in their various incarnations of Soulwax,Nite versions and 2manydj's and I'm intrigued by what their new production will be but I'll pass for The National.

Louis Theroux will be good as well.  Gutted that there looks like there will be a BSP and Perfume Genius clash.  Such a good line up though. 

Ha. You're a full on National nerd now aren't you? You checked the film out? It's wonderful.

I dunno if it's because I've just got a better grasp of the acts in the line up this time around or something but I think it is one of the strongest line ups they've done for some time and, if I could've swung it, I'd be there in a shot. Sunday night headliner choice would be a bit of a let down though; the choice of potential boredom at New Order, probable boredom at Black Mountain and certain boredom at Of Monsters & Men would be shit.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Ha. You're a full on National nerd now aren't you? You checked the film out? It's wonderful.

I dunno if it's because I've just got a better grasp of the acts in the line up this time around or something but I think it is one of the strongest line ups they've done for some time and, if I could've swung it, I'd be there in a shot. Sunday night headliner choice would be a bit of a let down though; the choice of potential boredom at New Order, probable boredom at Black Mountain and certain boredom at Of Monsters & Men would be shit.

Sunday night headliner is a right shitter for me, I don't like New Order and I'm lukewarm on both OMAM and Black Mountain. As it stands I'll probably end up doing Black Mountain and then OMAM, but that could change when Other Voices gets announced. Last year I saw East India Youth and Young Fathers in there to finish off Sunday night, and that was one of the best top twos I've ever seen at Latitude. Bit annoyed how Friday and Saturday have pretty much all of the line-up's best bands clashing (Grimes v Pantha du Prince, The National v Soulwax), and then Sunday looks pretty sparse across the entire day.

I'm listening to High Violet and Trouble Will Find Me a lot, really looking forward to seeing them. I work with a massive National fan as well so I'm talking about them pretty often. Haven't seen the film yet but will probably watch before the festival.

14 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'm listening to High Violet and Trouble Will Find Me a lot, really looking forward to seeing them. I work with a massive National fan as well so I'm talking about them pretty often. Haven't seen the film yet but will probably watch before the festival.

once you start to like The National there's no going back, after High Violet and TWFM I think Boxer is the next best.

I also love the live performance the did at Sydney Opera House that's on you tube

7 hours ago, Born in the fifties said:

On the basis that weekend tickets haven't sold out for the last few years, YES.

Cheers for answering this I was going to ask a similar question. Decided to book latitude if I don't manage tickets for Glastonbury in the resales.

the 2016 map is out - lots of changes and if you are with the WBC ' its a new crew camp this year ' - near the A145 but its not clear where Crew Parking will be - not very pleased as it was easy last year to reach the crew camp from crew parking.There was a briefing by Tent Managers recently and that is how I found out. 

latitude_2016_sitemap_basic_for_web_min.

4 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Other Voices is gone! Bastard!

And our camping spot has been eaten by Pink Moon! Is nothing sacred anymore?

its like a spreading cancer - for a few years our Crew camping was next to Pink Moon and it never looked all that busy - perhaps people were so into the accommodation that they did not get out much.

although its difficult to tell the area marked ' guest,day & Pink Moon Parking does appear to be the two fields that used to be crew parking - its a reverse L shape and one year some idiot parked right on the corner - it narrows in at that point so not the smartest place to park - cant work it out myself because they only had to drive another 20 feet and they would not have been blocking anyone - over the weekend more and more messages were being stuck on the car and there was a fair number of kick marks - it did not affect us as we were not blocked - if it had been Glastonbury that car would for sure have been towed away - I reckon it was a trader so you would think they would know that within that crew parking area there is a fair number of cars that will leave and come back the next day - it was the only year that anyone had parked so close to that corner as everyone else had read the notices ' no parking near the corner '

time will tell if all this shuffling about makes people happy.

"A spreading cancer" is right, it's obnoxiously big. These higher tier posh camping and exclusive bits of festivals are complete bullshit, the corporate sponsorship doesn't bother me too much, but it turning more and more into a posh holiday camp each year is getting a bit tiring. It makes me think how much I have to make the effort to get back to Green Man one year, that really feels much more personal, more focused on delivering a music festival for a certain audience of music fans, rather than a certain demographic of consumer.

Thanks for the map anyway. Line up has Emmy The Great and Grimes so I can't moan too much, buying my ticket tomorrow.

7 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

"A spreading cancer" is right, it's obnoxiously big. These higher tier posh camping and exclusive bits of festivals are complete bullshit, the corporate sponsorship doesn't bother me too much, but it turning more and more into a posh holiday camp each year is getting a bit tiring. It makes me think how much I have to make the effort to get back to Green Man one year, that really feels much more personal, more focused on delivering a music festival for a certain audience of music fans, rather than a certain demographic of consumer.

Thanks for the map anyway. Line up has Emmy The Great and Grimes so I can't moan too much, buying my ticket tomorrow.

nothing to do with latitude but you will get my drift.

there is some fancy service at Glastonbury - people can fly in by helicopter - they have their own
fancy accommodation ' and they also have a free bar # within their camp #

I was working in the guest bar and a group of these people { with a laminate showing they were with the helicopter company } walked in and was ordering the most expensive drinks - I twigged straight away that they had not fully read the T&C - Anyway I hit them with the bill and they started waving their passes and then I dropped the bombshell that the Guest bar they were in has no connection 
to the helicopter company and it is certainly not a free bar - they were in shock - just them one
of the passes flipped round and there on the back was the words # free bar within our own camp #

So they may have money but they are not very smart.{ Well not the ones who I ran into }

I am in two minds although I would be more in favour if a Charity could benefit rather than a private Company.

Its the way festivals are funded these days - now I would never dream of using Pink Moon and all
the other ' enhanced camps ' as I would be sitting there kicking myself for spending so much money
- their facilities are no better than crew Camping apart from the fact that I have to work each day 
but I have been doing it for so long I would miss it If I was not working - I had a stroke/heart attack in 2006 just before the very first Latitude { late June } so the WBC offered me a Guest pass so that I did not need to work - they thought I was bonkers to turn it down but as I explained to them that ' the best therapy was to be with people I know ' and I was in the best place if anything did happen - in fact I was fine and by the time I reached Latitude I was able to talk again and also I was no longer paralysed so I always associate Latitude as my new start - sure I still have to take it easy and I pace myself but it was better therapy than staying in Hospital.

So  Latitude to me is no longer a festival - its a marker that I have made it another year - I will keep going as long as the WBC will let me.    

33 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

I had a stroke/heart attack in 2006 just before the very first Latitude { late June } so the WBC offered me a Guest pass so that I did not need to work - they thought I was bonkers to turn it down but as I explained to them that ' the best therapy was to be with people I know ' and I was in the best place if anything did happen - in fact I was fine and by the time I reached Latitude I was able to talk again and also I was no longer paralysed so I always associate Latitude as my new start - sure I still have to take it easy and I pace myself but it was better therapy than staying in Hospital.

Crikey, that's a toughie!

Impressed that you faced it off with that attitude and that you seem to have put the worst of it behind you :o