Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

4 hours ago, jamesrfisher said:

If you go to the official page and line-up the stage and day splits are already there. Just click on 'see acts' for each stage

http://www.latitudefestival.com/line-up

Thanks - I'm surprised Aurora are so low on the bill . I'm not a massive fan - just thought they were more popular. No clashes for me (yet) Are there many more names for the main stage?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's actually been mentioned that kurt vile may not be headlining 6music as apparently the initial press release spoke of grimes and of monsters and men as headliners but just had him listed lower down. to add further weight to this the current poster they put on facebook/twitter etc with just the music and comedy "highlights" doesn't have kurt vile listed whereas it does the other two 6music headliners.

i'm hoping he's not headlining as i would love to see both the national and kurt vile. if however they do clash then the main stage headliners normaly start 30mins or so prior to the 6music headliners.

1 hour ago, mercury said:

it's actually been mentioned that kurt vile may not be headlining 6music as apparently the initial press release spoke of grimes and of monsters and men as headliners but just had him listed lower down. to add further weight to this the current poster they put on facebook/twitter etc with just the music and comedy "highlights" doesn't have kurt vile listed whereas it does the other two 6music headliners.

i'm hoping he's not headlining as i would love to see both the national and kurt vile. if however they do clash then the main stage headliners normaly start 30mins or so prior to the 6music headliners.

Thanks for that ! Hope springs ... Maybe the next announcement will throw more light

20 hours ago, tillyandthewall said:

As a rough guide to popularity, Grimes has 438K followers on Spotify, OM&M have 1.3M.  Kurt Vile only has 138K - a little weak?

Yeah put into numbers it doesn't stack. Mind you that's not all they take into account - portishead had relatively poor Spotify  numbers compared with the 6 music and sub headliners from last year. Having resigned myself to missing  Kurt I'm now panicking about who   might be added! Is there usually clash finder up?

20 hours ago, tillyandthewall said:

As a rough guide to popularity, Grimes has 438K followers on Spotify, OM&M have 1.3M.  Kurt Vile only has 138K - a little weak?

10 hours ago, dirty_dog said:

horrendous clash for me with The National but it does seem likely 

Good call. I know it was started a while back but as we have had some big announcements for other festivals recently anyone got thoughts on who else might be added. Personally I'd like bat for lashes, ghost poet, calexico and grandaddy if I can nick from other line ups. Oh and Eels. Also special guests guesses - Jake bugg (don't like but he's knocking around) and Damon  Albarn previewing new Gorilaz material (which I would like)

Why do we think Kurt Vile isn't headlining 6 Music stage? Was hoping Jamie XX would take the slot but on facebox Latitude seem to confirm Kurt Vile is Sat night headliner....

Joshua Whitmore-lyons is kurt vile headlining 6 music on the saturday?

Latitude Festival

Latitude Festival Indeed! x
Edited by curlyjake

5 hours ago, curlyjake said:

Why do we think Kurt Vile isn't headlining 6 Music stage? Was hoping Jamie XX would take the slot but on facebox Latitude seem to confirm Kurt Vile is Sat night headliner....

Joshua Whitmore-lyons is kurt vile headlining 6 music on the saturday?

Latitude Festival

Latitude Festival Indeed! x

I can't imagine he is going to be, if you look at this that latitude have out on their Facebook it shows the other to BBC Radio 6 headliners but not Kurt Vile so I would assume that he isn't the headliner

image.png

Dug the tent out at the weekend and apart from a few little tears to the groundsheet, it's looking remarkably healthy after 4 festivals of use. 

Also the mother bought 2x Double Airbeds by mistake so I get the spare free! Great news. 

Hope Father Christmas brings us lots of lovely things. You sometimes get the odd gem or two nestled amongst Huw Stevens' boring also-rans. Veronica Falls, Los Campesinos!, Joanna Gruesome, Bo Ningen and Polica have all played that stage in recent years.