Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

Its 3x8 hour shifts yeah. Everyone does one overnight (something like midnight to 8am). One day shift (9-5 i think)and one evening shift (2-10). I'm not entirely sure what the times where but i think that's right. I was lucky in part as my overnight shift was on the Thursday night which meant I got it over with early so had all the other night free, although I was very tired for the rest of the weekend as a result. We also had the whole of Friday off which was great!

The staff campsite that we were in was very good too. Free tee and coffee and phone chargers 24/7.

Lucky. I was there with Oxfam last year and got lumped with 3-11pm on Friday, 3-11pm on Saturday and 3-11pm on Sunday. Only got to see The Last Leg, SOAK and Benjamin Booker. Wouldn't have minded so much if I hadn't spent £70 on travelling 200 miles for the privilege. That's pretty rare, Oxfam are 99% of the time very fair with their shifts, but just a heads up for anyone else considering volunteering that the only way you can guarantee you'll see acts you wanna see is buying a ticket.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Spent almost all today with the Latitude Spotify playlist playing in the house and then, whenever a track caught my ear, listening to a little more of that artist's stuff. Must say that when the initial line-up was announced I was a tad disappointed as had barely heard of any of them but I am rapidly changing my opinion as I delve deeper (still can't raise any interest in Maccabees though!)

Just one question, I have a 11-year-old daughter who loves a good rock/pop song - she loved the Catfish/Vaccines 1-2 in the 6 Music tent on last year's Saturday evening. I can't seem to find anyone who she might 'immediately' like - i.e catchy pop/rock - other than Grimes. Any other suggestions? Her favourite bands are Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Vaccines and First Aid Kit if that helps!

14 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Spent almost all today with the Latitude Spotify playlist playing in the house and then, whenever a track caught my ear, listening to a little more of that artist's stuff. Must say that when the initial line-up was announced I was a tad disappointed as had barely heard of any of them but I am rapidly changing my opinion as I delve deeper (still can't raise any interest in Maccabees though!)

Just one question, I have a 11-year-old daughter who loves a good rock/pop song - she loved the Catfish/Vaccines 1-2 in the 6 Music tent on last year's Saturday evening. I can't seem to find anyone who she might 'immediately' like - i.e catchy pop/rock - other than Grimes. Any other suggestions? Her favourite bands are Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Vaccines and First Aid Kit if that helps!

Well for me, Miike Snow are the best band on the whole bill, bar New Order. Great live as well.

Animal, The Wave, Song for No-one and Paddling Out are good starting points.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

15 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

If she likes indie rock with a poppy edge as you suggest ( Catfish Vaccines etc) I'd say Ratboy is a must. 

17 hours ago, glastobuds said:

I know this is really previous but does anyone know when tickets are usually despatched  

Depends who you buy from. See and Ticketmaster tends to be a coup,e of weeks before the festival but problems have been known with some people having to collect on the Thursday.

I use the UEA boxoffice and last year they were sent out within 2 weeks of ordering in March.

I know of one guy who already has them as he bought them by walking in to Norwich Arts Centre

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Well for me, Miike Snow are the best band on the whole bill, bar New Order. Great live as well.

Animal, The Wave, Song for No-one and Paddling Out are good starting points.

I have Miike Snow's first album and really enjoy it but haven't heard their other two - good to hear they're decent live. Will Spotify the others this evening.

15 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

You took an impressionable young mind to see The Vaccines and Catfish rather than Portishead? That's pretty depraved.

I'm inclined to agree with you. As someone who was 22 when Dummy came out it was one of the albums of my 'youth'. Sadly my wife couldn't attend last year and she was meant to be taking my daughter to see Catfish/Vaccines while I saw Portishead. So, I was left with the choice of letting a 10-year-old fend for herself in 6 Music for two hours (suspect social services would've frowned on that) or go with her - I chose the latter. Realise there could've been a third option (make her watch Portishead) but that wasn't an option if I wanted to enjoy the remainder of the festival!

4 hours ago, jamesrfisher said:

Depends who you buy from. See and Ticketmaster tends to be a coup,e of weeks before the festival but problems have been known with some people having to collect on the Thursday.

I use the UEA boxoffice and last year they were sent out within 2 weeks of ordering in March.

I know of one guy who already has them as he bought them by walking in to Norwich Arts Centre

Thanks. Just trying not to be away when they're delivered! Shame they don't do e-tickets.

4 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

I'm inclined to agree with you. As someone who was 22 when Dummy came out it was one of the albums of my 'youth'. Sadly my wife couldn't attend last year and she was meant to be taking my daughter to see Catfish/Vaccines while I saw Portishead. So, I was left with the choice of letting a 10-year-old fend for herself in 6 Music for two hours (suspect social services would've frowned on that) or go with her - I chose the latter. Realise there could've been a third option (make her watch Portishead) but that wasn't an option if I wanted to enjoy the remainder of the festival!

I guarantee that you'd have had an entire weekend of "Portishead were amazing, weren't they dad?", they are irresistible to any mortal.

Susanne Sundfor is playing Citadel! We're all praying for her third Latitude on the trot, yeah? She'd make an outrageously good Other Voices headliner.

On 06/03/2016 at 0:41 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Anybody on here ever seen Grimes live? Any good?

Saw her 3 times off the back of the last record (all festival shows) and they were all okay. Somewhat underwhelming as a spectacle if I'm honest, but the tunes are great and she's got one hell of an infectious smile so if you're in the mood for a dance, it'll hit the spot.

28 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Saw her 3 times off the back of the last record (all festival shows) and they were all okay. Somewhat underwhelming as a spectacle if I'm honest, but the tunes are great and she's got one hell of an infectious smile so if you're in the mood for a dance, it'll hit the spot.

That'll do me for a Friday night.

On 5 March 2016 at 1:44 PM, Porcelina said:

They used to allow camping for day ticket holders - assume that's no more? Would love to go for The National but too much over summer to do the full weekend.

I was hoping to do this again - worked out well a couple of years ago.  Have contacted the festival last week asking if this was ok again, but unfortunately no response as yet.  Anyone with insider info if this is still possible?

8 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

Is there anything to keep us busy on the Thursday night usually? I did the Saturday last year but haven't camped for the full weekend yet, which of course I will be this year

I usually love Thursday night at any festival. Usually just go 'exploring' meeting new people and having a bloody good drink in camp.

But I can't particularly remember there being much music/entertainment on the Thursday. 

There is a few bits & bobs, usually in the 'smaller' areas (literary tent, poetry tent, film tent, etc). In the past, there has also been the 'special guest' on in the woods or on the small lake stage, but in the last few years its been mainly just finding your bearings and having a few drinks or 2.