Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

Guys any recommendations from the lineup for me please? Looking to get into some acts before Latitude.

Something quite heavy would  be nice, along the Royal Blood, Drenge kind of vibe if possible?

Also I'd recommend Chet Faker to people if they haven't already heard him, picked up on him when I lived in Australia for a year, supremely talented guy. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Guys any recommendations from the lineup for me please? Looking to get into some acts before Latitude.

Check out Protomartyr. Their most recent album is amazing*; one of my favourites from last year.

*(You may hate it. They are quite marmite) 

Edited by Rock_and/or_Roll

14 minutes ago, glastobuds said:

Am so close to buying tickets for this  - best line up of all festivals this year IMO. Just wondered having never been and it's such a long way, am u right parking is free but on a first come first served basis? Talk about stress! 

Parking is free.  Doesn't matter when you arrive.

11 minutes ago, glastobuds said:

Thanks. How bad do the queues get getting in to the festival?

Never experienced queues from the car to the writbands, but queues in the car waiting to get into the car park are apocalyptic. Spent 6 hours in first gear last year.

Hi, the apocalyptic queues on the A12 was because of the car park on the opposite side of the road by the yellow gate, they had to have trafficlights in place to get people across to the site, this year they have scrapped that car park so it should be better, all the info is here :

http://www.latitudefestival.com/news/latitude-2016-onsite-traffic-plan

sorry if this has been asked before but I don't feel like reading 24 pages.

Does Latitude usually sells out ? if yes around which time, because I'm really tempted to go this year for the first time

11 hours ago, Rock_and/or_Roll said:

Check out Protomartyr. Their most recent album is amazing*; one of my favourites from last year.

*(You may hate it. They are quite marmite) 

Yeah I was gonna pipe up about Protomartyr but they've not made as much of an impression on anyone I've recommended them to. That album was incredible and it's a really good lower booking by Latitude.

Right, having time to digest the lineup I reckon this is a 'meh' announcement, reason being there's nothing much West Holts-y on the bill, and that the subs seem a bit less-stellar than last year with Caribou and the Manics.  Plus, this is highly subjective, but there seems be a higher chance of seeing the headliners before as all have toured extensively The standouts for me are Roots Manuva and Lucius. Don't know many on the Sunrise undercard apart from Weaves who are very good.    Latitude Spotify will be required listening!

9 hours ago, A-Rob said:

sorry if this has been asked before but I don't feel like reading 24 pages.

Does Latitude usually sells out ? if yes around which time, because I'm really tempted to go this year for the first time

Day tickets can sell out, Sunday last year with Noel Gallagher's HFB sold out but the weekend camping didn't. This doesn't feel like a sell-out line up to me.

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I was gonna pipe up about Protomartyr but they've not made as much of an impression on anyone I've recommended them to. That album was incredible and it's a really good lower booking by Latitude.

just been scrolling through the NPR tiny desk add-on in Kodi and found this band, thought I recognized the name so gave them a listen and they sound pretty good.

15 hours ago, glastobuds said:

Thanks. How bad do the queues get getting in to the festival?

14 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Never experienced queues from the car to the writbands, but queues in the car waiting to get into the car park are apocalyptic. Spent 6 hours in first gear last year.

Last year (as I couldn't book work off) I arrived at first thing on the Friday, the traffic was clear through, there was still plenty of space in the car park, and it was relatively easy to get a spot in even yellow. As I'm camping in family this year, and so definitely don't need to worry about there being space to camp, I'll definitely do the same again. Can't be doing with traffic jams that long! 

7 hours ago, PDAD said:

Last year (as I couldn't book work off) I arrived at first thing on the Friday, the traffic was clear through, there was still plenty of space in the car park, and it was relatively easy to get a spot in even yellow. As I'm camping in family this year, and so definitely don't need to worry about there being space to camp, I'll definitely do the same again. Can't be doing with traffic jams that long! 

Were there still good pitches left in general camping by Friday ?

1 hour ago, glastobuds said:

Were there still good pitches left in general camping by Friday ?

Yeah I guess it depends on how much space you'd like. There was only the two of us sharing a relatively small tent so it didn't matter too much to us if we didn't get a lot of space. But we arrived early Friday and there were still quite a lot of options left, especially further away from the arena. 

14 hours ago, PDAD said:

Yeah I guess it depends on how much space you'd like. There was only the two of us sharing a relatively small tent so it didn't matter too much to us if we didn't get a lot of space. But we arrived early Friday and there were still quite a lot of options left, especially further away from the arena. 

Thanks, I understand you can't take beer but can take food and soft drinks into the arena right? Is it possible to sneak a can or two in or are they really harsh in the searches?

Thanks, I understand you can't take beer but can take food and soft drinks into the arena right? Is it possible to sneak a can or two in or are they really harsh in the searches?

Easy to sneak things in most years, though for some reason they seemed really overzealous in 2014. Anything you can fit in your pockets is easy to sneak in, but they do have a cursory poke in your backpack.

Anybody on here ever seen Grimes live? Any good?

I hardly bought a drink in the main arena couple years ago. They're not that bothered, just be sensible and careful. 

22 hours ago, supasum said:

Considering volunteering this year, any advice ? 
Also looking at the line up the possibility of a chvrches/Kurt Vile clash scares me an awful lot 

I volunteered last year through Hotbox Events. I missed a few acts that I wanted to see but managed to shape my shifts to allow me to see my ''must sees'' such as Portishead. If you do go through Hotbox Events then try not to get the fire tower shifts as all you do on those shifts is stand up a fire tour on your own for four hours per shift.

58 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

I volunteered last year through Hotbox Events. I missed a few acts that I wanted to see but managed to shape my shifts to allow me to see my ''must sees'' such as Portishead. If you do go through Hotbox Events then try not to get the fire tower shifts as all you do on those shifts is stand up a fire tour on your own for four hours per shift.

Yeah I plan on going through Hotbox events, That all sounds good to me.
If you remember what shifts did you end up doing ? Is it 3x8 hour shifts.
Ill make sure Im very vocal about a fear of heights then ! 

43 minutes ago, supasum said:

Yeah I plan on going through Hotbox events, That all sounds good to me.
If you remember what shifts did you end up doing ? Is it 3x8 hour shifts.
Ill make sure Im very vocal about a fear of heights then ! 

Its 3x8 hour shifts yeah. Everyone does one overnight (something like midnight to 8am). One day shift (9-5 i think)and one evening shift (2-10). I'm not entirely sure what the times where but i think that's right. I was lucky in part as my overnight shift was on the Thursday night which meant I got it over with early so had all the other night free, although I was very tired for the rest of the weekend as a result. We also had the whole of Friday off which was great!

The staff campsite that we were in was very good too. Free tee and coffee and phone chargers 24/7.

33 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

Its 3x8 hour shifts yeah. Everyone does one overnight (something like midnight to 8am). One day shift (9-5 i think)and one evening shift (2-10). I'm not entirely sure what the times where but i think that's right. I was lucky in part as my overnight shift was on the Thursday night which meant I got it over with early so had all the other night free, although I was very tired for the rest of the weekend as a result. We also had the whole of Friday off which was great!

The staff campsite that we were in was very good too. Free tee and coffee and phone chargers 24/7.

Ahh awesome, I can live with that, certainly for the sake of £200 as well !

I'm pretty much sold with the mention of free coffee !
Cheers for your help man