Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The eFestivals listing says Courtney Barnett b2b with Father John Misty, which has piqued my interest.

That's exactly what is says in the press release. I'm not really sure if that means literally or if its just PR lingo for 'one after the other' that's been misconstrued. 

EDIT: All up online now anyway. Top of page 3 for that bit. 

Edited by MattDavies__

1 minute ago, Rock_and/or_Roll said:

Perfume Genius/Father John Misty clash would suck.

For sure.

I wish they had the Other Voices stage again because Perfume Genius would be the type of act to play there and it would be wonderful.

Father John Misty at Coachella was fucking spectacular and I think unmissable 

15 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Guys, how many more mainstage/6 music acts to be announced in the coming months?

They seemed to be loads released after the initial announcement in 2014...

Hoping for a few more gems. 

Should be a few more announced around the end of April.

A bit annoying that Other Voices stage isnt there this year because I think that stole the show last year 

Couple of observations:

Is Other Voices defo not back this year? There is no Comedy/Caberet or Lake Stage line up as yet so could be announced later...

Also does the line up seem a bit skewed. I'm liking the Obelisk, but a lot of acts on there I would expect to be 6Music headliners or subs - British Sea Power, John Grant, Father John Misty, M83 (I could go on)

While the 6music tent is (to me) pretty uninspiring. If you look at Festival No 6 for example there are many more 6Music 'Friendly' acts that would seem a good fit for Latitude: CJ Duncan, Gwenno, Django Django, Blossoms and Lucy Rose, Roisin Murphy.

Just my twopenneth, but I do feel they have missed a trick

2 minutes ago, livemusicfan said:

Couple of observations:

Is Other Voices defo not back this year? There is no Comedy/Caberet or Lake Stage line up as yet so could be announced later...

Also does the line up seem a bit skewed. I'm liking the Obelisk, but a lot of acts on there I would expect to be 6Music headliners or subs - British Sea Power, John Grant, Father John Misty, M83 (I could go on)

While the 6music tent is (to me) pretty uninspiring. If you look at Festival No 6 for example there are many more 6Music 'Friendly' acts that would seem a good fit for Latitude: CJ Duncan, Gwenno, Django Django, Blossoms and Lucy Rose, Roisin Murphy.

Just my twopenneth, but I do feel they have missed a trick

Totally agree, British Sea Power on the mainstage? Really?

Lots seem happy so I won't bang on about it too much, just looks pretty which in comparison to lots of festivals this summer. 

I'm still incredibly excited. 

1 minute ago, Rock_and/or_Roll said:

One or two bands could still slot in after them. That stage/day can't be full.

I can't see any bands slotting in above Beirut. That would also push down FJM from third main, and I can't see him playing lower than that.