Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I knew, I'd be blabbing all over the place. There is a distinctly underwhelming response from those in the know too - no comments about line-ups blowing your socks off, pleasing a lot of people or surprising a lot of people. 'Find it to your liking' is either someone being particularly coy about a decent announcement, or someone who's a bit underwhelmed. I suspect the latter.

Incidentally, there's been very little mention of PJ Harvey - note she's been announced as Eden headliner. Any reason she's not being touted for Latitude? Thought she'd be a good fit.

Edited by swelsbyuk

Well that wasn't supposed to happen.... I blame the laptop.

Was supposed to quote @aj3000and12 and say that if indeed you are to be believed then I would say that points towards Maccabees, The National and New Order / Massive Attack / Lana Del Rey for the third spot. These seem to have been the most discussed options.

8 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

Well that wasn't supposed to happen.... I blame the laptop.

Was supposed to quote @aj3000and12 and say that if indeed you are to be believed then I would say that points towards Maccabees, The National and New Order / Massive Attack / Lana Del Rey for the third spot. These seem to have been the most discussed options.

I'd love to say that Maccabees are overrated but I've yet to meet anyone who rates them!

Wishlist before the drop tomorrow. Trying to be as realistic as possible.

Massive Attack + Young Fathers
Floating Points live
Colin Stetson & Sarah Neufeld
Lanterns On The Lake
Sleaford Mods
Kamasi Washington
Emmy The Great
Father John Misty
Todd Terje & The Olsens
65daysofstatic

If we're talking wish lists outside of straight headline predictions I'll throw these into the mix:

• Father John Misty
  • Oh Wonder
  • Honne
  • Editors
  • Explosions In The Sky
  • M83 (ker-ching) 
  • Guy Garvey
  • Lush
  • Ash
  • The National (Headline)
  • Massive Attack & Young Fathers (Headline) 

I don't care for The National or The Maccabees so I feel like being somewhat let down is inevitable, although I only liked one headliner of any stage last year and it was still a great three days. I'll be optimistic for now though and go:

Obelisk: Headlined by LCD Soundsystem or Massive Attack + Young Fathers, PJ Harvey and Sigur Ros. Would like to see The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Lush, Wilco, Roky Erikson,  and Kamasi Washington too. 

6 Music: Headlined by Jamie XX or FKA Twigs, Explosions in the Sky and Primal Scream. Would like to see Sun Ra Arkestra, Sleaford Mods, Minor Victories, Dinosaur Jr, Field Music, Teleman, Follakzoid, Damo Suzuki and Eagulls.  I still have a funny feeling that My Bloody Valentine could pop up out of nowhere as headliners, though. 

Edited by Martyjhill1

1 hour ago, swelsbyuk said:

If I knew, I'd be blabbing all over the place.

To be fair its hard to say anything without breaking an embargo, so its usually best to not really say anything at all. 

I reckon it'll get a good reaction, mind you I can't remember the reaction to last years lineup. 

Edited by MattDavies__

as we're doing wishlists rather than predictions now, here's mine...

lcd soundsystem

the national

massive attack

sleaford mods

ride

the jesus and mary chain

ryley walker

super furry animals

richard ashcroft

primal scream

kamasi washington

brian jonestown massacre

tricky

saul williams

the fall

daughter

courtney barnett

iggy pop

34 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

To be fair its hard to say anything without breaking an embargo, so its usually best to not really say anything at all. 

I reckon it'll get a good reaction, mind you I can't remember the reaction to last years lineup. 

You've said too much already there Matt :P 

11 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

If I knew, I'd be blabbing all over the place. There is a distinctly underwhelming response from those in the know too - no comments about line-ups blowing your socks off, pleasing a lot of people or surprising a lot of people. 'Find it to your liking' is either someone being particularly coy about a decent announcement, or someone who's a bit underwhelmed. I suspect the latter.

Incidentally, there's been very little mention of PJ Harvey - note she's been announced as Eden headliner. Any reason she's not being touted for Latitude? Thought she'd be a good fit.

I gave a mid-range comment to avoid saying anything critical and to avoid over-hyping anything, while being well-aware that anyone's take on the line-up is subjective anyway. :rolleyes:

If I said it was fantastic, that wouldn't be true for some. If I said it was shit, that wouldn't be true to some.

Instead, I said something about people finding it to their liking, broadly based on the acts people have talked about in this thread - where some of those talked about acts are playing, and some of those talked-about acts are not.

But hey, 10 points for concluding something fro my words and being utterly wrong. :)