Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

25 minutes ago, Rock_and/or_Roll said:

From Stereoboard:

"M83 will return to the UK on July 17 for an appearance at Latitude Festival. The band will also hit the road for a North American tour this spring."

Sunday night headliners?

They played 3 down on the word arena (now 6music) in 2012 after HUWD (although I think they were meant to be 4th after Explosions in the Sky pulled out? That flawless run of St Vincent -> Battles -> M83 -> EitS was why I bought a ticket), so probably 6music sub now. Maybe headline.

Edited by Tuna

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

They played 3 down on the word arena (now 6music) in 2012 after HUWD (although I think they were meant to be 4th after Explosions in the Sky pulled out? That flawless run of St Vincent -> Battles -> M83 -> EitS was why I bought a ticket), so probably 6music sub now. Maybe headline.

They seem to be sub-headliners now (at BBK for example) so maybe sub head if not headlining?

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

well, I've seen it, and Latitude-ers will probably find it to their liking. :)

(and no, you won't get further comment from me ... embargo'd, and I play by the rules).

Cool. Sounds promising. Sounds National-esque ;)

3 minutes ago, Rock_and/or_Roll said:

They seem to be sub-headliners now (at BBK for example) so maybe sub head if not headlining?

Nah I don't see it, not on the mainstage anyway. They'd be 3rd on Obelisk I reckon, and either headline or sub 6music.

Edited by Tuna

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

(and no, you won't get further comment from me ... embargo'd, and I play by the rules).

Any idea on where and what time announcement will be made - Lauren again, or just on official website/FB?

Just now, livemusicfan said:

Any idea on where and what time announcement will be made - Lauren again, or just on official website/FB?

I know what time the embargo ends and we're able to publish, but I don't know if it'll get announced elsewhere before that.

And I'm not going to say when the embargo ends - sorry - because I once got told off (by another fest) for revealing that info, because (it was claimed) that's part of the embargo too.

I'd guess if Latitude are happy to people to know that info, they'd reveal it themselves.

Sorry to not be forthcoming with the info about that, but if we piss them off by saying stuff we shouldn't they won't send us the info early.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I know what time the embargo ends and we're able to publish, but I don't know if it'll get announced elsewhere before that.

And I'm not going to say when the embargo ends - sorry - because I once got told off (by another fest) for revealing that info, because (it was claimed) that's part of the embargo too.

I'd guess if Latitude are happy to people to know that info, they'd reveal it themselves.

Sorry to not be forthcoming with the info about that, but if we piss them off by saying stuff we shouldn't they won't send us the info early.

No worries - was just a general enquiry - not trying to pry or put u in an awkward situation.

Totally understand ur position.

29 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I think headlining 6music for sure 

25 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

tease. :)

54 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Oooooo what a tease! Exciting times.

Just quickly guys only been once, does anyone know if it usually sells out quickly?

I got my ticket on the release date last time so didn't take notice. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

You bloody tease Neil !

TBH after the great time I had last year with the family I booked my tickets in December, I just know the lineup wont let me down.

1 minute ago, Jacko45 said:

Guys sorry for more questions just so much gone on since my first Latitude in 2014.

Like other Festivals do you have to pay extra for Thursday as an "Early Bird"??

I simply can't remember. 

Standard weekend ticket is Thursday - Sun. Don't think there's any early birds

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Standard weekend ticket is Thursday - Sun. Don't think there's any early birds

Thank you again Tuna, you're a font of Latitude knowledge. 

Had a long drive down from the north last time and we set off at 5am but we were first car in :) was brilliant, got a cracking little spot.