Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

Yeah I'm really surprised by the noel news. I thought he was a step up at the time. Funny thing is, he was great and everyone around us was really into it. He can totally do big headline slots. I heard a rumour that it should have been blur last year rather than noel, that was where the returning headliner comment came from as Damon has played a couple of times. Could be bollocks though, it was just what a friend said. 

I would love it to be radiohead but they are just too big. If they are in the running for glasto they are too big for lats surely. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Yeah I'm really surprised by the noel news. I thought he was a step up at the time. Funny thing is, he was great and everyone around us was really into it. He can totally do big headline slots. I heard a rumour that it should have been blur last year rather than noel, that was where the returning headliner comment came from as Damon has played a couple of times. Could be bollocks though, it was just what a friend said. 

I would love it to be radiohead but they are just too big. If they are in the running for glasto they are too big for lats surely. 

What kind of self-respecting Latitude thread would we be if we didn't speculate on Radiohead and Bjork year in year out?

1 hour ago, Uncle Liam said:

Jean Michel Jarre just announced for Melt as a "German Exclusive"

There you go... that's got to be one of your headliners.

God please no!! I realise the influence he has, how he was a pioneer etc etc....but, personally, I detest his music with a passion. It reminds me of shit fireworks displays.

A couple of names who are touring the week after (in Canada, WayHome fest), The Last Shadow Puppets, and dare I say it, arcade fire.  Plus there's Beirut, Haim, and Lucius, who had better be crossing the pond this summer to save me a trip to the Brudenell.

Edited by tillyandthewall
oxford comma

31 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Is there a reason Tame Impala aren't being touted as headliners for this? 

I'm assuming there must be but its passed me by. Otherwise Sigur Ros/The National - Massive Attack - Tame Impala seems like a likely, and very good, set of headliners? 

I think they'd certainly suit it and I'm sure they are being touted as headliners but Melvin alluded to an act from R+L 2015 being given a push to headline and I couldn't personally see, say, The Maccabees and Tame Impala both headlining this year. If that's bullshit as it could quite possibly be then I'd go for Tame Impala instead.

The National look to be there as there's word that it's happening and also there's nowhere else for them to do in the UK while they're in Europe. Sigur Ros are just about ruled out by their activity that weekend. So to me it seems:

• The National
  • R+L '15 act - The Maccabees a frontunner
  • another - Massive Attack seem quite a good shout but I've gone back to thinking it'll be Lana Del Rey

Is there a reason that LCD Soundsystem aren't being touted as headliners. They are playing lovebox same weekend, could play the Friday?

Then The National & The Maccabees? 

Bon Iver are also back, haven't announced any dates outside of Asia yet, but it's possible? I doubt they would book two return headliners in one year though.

Just got this email from The National:

7/12  Pistoia, Italy, Pistoia Blues Festival
7/14  Lisbon, Portugal, Super Bock Super Rock
7/17  Dublin, Ireland, Longitude Festival

Surely puts them in the frame as the first repeat headliner with 15th and 16th currently free?

Also the line up tab has gone from the Latitude official website - does this mean an announcement is imminent?

Love The National - but still secretly hoping for Radiohead - which obviously won't happen...

yep i'd be happy with that too.

never seen massive attack, the one chance i did have (v2004) i saw primal scream instead. the national are just one of the best bands in the world right now and at the top of their game. the maccabees i'm not so fussed by but they're one of the bands i like the best out of the current crop of bands for the teenagers. they're loads better than two door cinema club etc. i saw them do a tiny instore gig at soundclash in norwich a few years ago and they endeared themselves to me a hell of a lot more since then.

I'd be pretty pleased with that if it were those 3. I saw Massive Attack on Friday so i was kind of hoping for someone else, but they were so brilliant that I'd love to see them again anyway. The Maccabees thoroughly deserve a headline spot and I can have no complaints over The National. I was hoping for someone a bit more surprising, a la Gorillaz/LCD but I never particularly expected that anyway and this would be a good 3.