Tylcer, The Creator was refused entry into the UK because of his lyrics

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why? Has he not written homophobic lyrics?

If he has in the past and is suggesting his view now is different, has he said anything to atone for them?

Tyler has never once expressed himself as a homophobe and he'd be pretty fucking ineffective as one seeing as Frank Ocean and Syd the Kid were OF

Additionally yes: his last 3 albums were introspective of his earlier lyrics

Tyler has never once expressed himself as a homophobe

I'm confused?

What lyrics "that he hasn't written since" is his manager referring to?

I know nothing of Tyler, but I read the news piece and it suggested to me there are lyrics of his which are somehow dodgy towards standard UK immigration/work-visa rules.

Barrington Levy failed for the 3rd time in 4 years to get a visa very recently; it happens to others too.

I'm confused?

What lyrics "that he hasn't written since" is his manager referring to?

I know nothing of Tyler, but I read the news piece and it suggested to me there are lyrics of his which are somehow dodgy towards standard UK immigration/work-visa rules.

Lyrics that look back and are self critical of that period of his career.

Yet not the same rule for Eminem or any other artist ever. He's the first artist to ever be banned from the UK on lyrics alone. Not denied a visa, but banned.

He's the first artist to ever be banned from the UK on lyrics alone.

utter bullshit. :rolleyes:

It's been going on for 20+ years.

Not denied a visa, but banned.

the visa rules are forever changing. I believe that something which has come along more recently which says a refused visa on particular grounds disallows a further application for a particular number of years.

I'm not trying to say that the authorities have got it right or are operating things consistently, but I don't believe they're operating rules that don't exist.

But regarding consistency, it's perfectly possible for them to be aware of something now they weren't aware of a few months ago, and have a different opinion now because of that extra info.

Edited by eFestivals

utter bullshit. :rolleyes:

It's been going on for 20+ years.

the visa rules are forever changing. I believe that something which has come along more recently which says a refused visa on particular grounds disallows a further application for a particular number of years.

I'm not trying to say that the authorities have got it right or are operating things consistently, but I don't believe they're operating rules that don't exist.

But regarding consistency, it's perfectly possible for them to be aware of something now they weren't aware of a few months ago, and have a different opinion now because of that extra info.

No, he's the first artist to have actually had a banning order citing lyrical content alone.

Who else has been? All the times I can recall people being refused entry have been because of prior criminal charges, whereas this is about what a teenager wrote for shock value to rap about and has actually seemed regretful about it.

Capleton, so I told by someone connected to his booking.

I know Barrington Levy has had visas refused in recent years, and my presumption (tho I'm not sure) is for the same.

No, he's the first artist to have actually had a banning order citing lyrical content alone.

Really? A banning order which says "three to five years", rather than an exact length of time?

Only he is saying "banned".

Are you sure there's an actual banning order, rather than advice on when he might try re-applying?

LYRICS

L Y R I C S

which are able to incite racial hatred. Doh. :rolleyes:

which are able to incite homophobic hatred.

Whether or not the law is being correctly applied to Tyler I don't know, but what I do know is that I don't want this country letting in self-declared homophobes to be treated as heroes.

Edited by eFestivals

which are able to incite racial hatred. Doh. :rolleyes:

which are able to incite homophobic hatred.

Whether or not the law is being correctly applied to Tyler I don't know, but what I do know is that I don't want this country letting in self-declared homophobes to be treated as heroes.

Funny that you didn't kick up the same critique for Eminem. Interesting. Wonder what the difference is?