Buying Drinks Once Inside

IOWGibbsy

I live on the isle of wight so i am ashamed to say i have only been to bestival once before :-(

Anyways, I am going this year (Whoop Whoop). What i would like to know is, can i pay for my drinks on a card once im in there or are the bars cash only?

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks Yall!

Take as many as you can, they don't check between campsite and arena, unless you are carrying an open can, they don't check bags. Actually occasionally they do, so you just walk from one entrance to the other and try through that one instead.

But to answer your question, I think so but can't confirm due to me doing what it says above

Can you purchase alcohol to take to your tent once you are in, or are you limited to what you bring in?. We are in the boutique camping area.

Also what time do the bars in the campsite shut at please?

Ta

Edited by Robertos

They only allow you to take your alcohol in on your first entry. Can't remember what time bars are open til. Probably 2am at a guess. I'm normally in the arena areas til 4 at least, so don't know about campsite bars

I didnt realise that. We stayed in Wild Copse last year and see two guys carrying crates of beers in on the Sunday.

When we arrived friday morning a group had, and i shit you not, a wheelie bin full of alcohol. They requested a festi taxi to help them with it haha.

I've been through with a sack truck full of booze before and had no issues, equally I've seen one prick security guard take a crate of ciders off one poor girl who was carrying them in.

Wold copse has its own entrance with own car park doesn't it? Or am I making that up?

Yeah it has its own car park with its own entrance.

Just to confirm, our plan was to lug all our tents and equipment in first and then go back to the car and grab the booze. Would this not be possible (or shold it not be possible according to the 'rules')?

Yeh the 'rules' state booze can only be taken in on first entry. Not sure how much this is enforced mind... 

You will have no problem bringing booze in on the Thursday or the Friday. They will start cracking down on the Saturday.

I live just round the corner so I tend to drive home most mornings to have a shower. I always end up bringing more booze back in on the Friday, I have given up trying on the Saturday and Sunday cos it was too much hassle.

Edited by Henrik

Last two years now theyve been on at people who have more than one create on the entrace from car parks, normally fine with as much spirts as you want. Best bet is buy a 24 slab rather than the 12 packs as ive saw them say to people only 1 12 pack even though thats not an actual create.

Between the camps and arena you can get drink in, the security have a bit where they check everything then nothing, just hang round and wait for your chance. its like they have been told to let certain people in cough.

There are also certain points between the camps and arena you can pass drink through to the other side...

Last two years now theyve been on at people who have more than one create on the entrace from car parks, normally fine with as much spirts as you want. Best bet is buy a 24 slab rather than the 12 packs as ive saw them say to people only 1 12 pack even though thats not an actual create.

Between the camps and arena you can get drink in, the security have a bit where they check everything then nothing, just hang round and wait for your chance. its like they have been told to let certain people in cough.

There are also certain points between the camps and arena you can pass drink through to the other side...

That's not good - i've given my mate my crate to take in as i'm taking his tent in earlier! Will be devastated to be left with 24 cans in his car and nothing on the inside

That's not good - i've given my mate my crate to take in as i'm taking his tent in earlier! Will be devastated to be left with 24 cans in his car and nothing on the inside

exact same happened to us. mate had to wait at box office for his ticket so we took his tent he took our beer.

Had to put it in the car. Although we did manage to sneak it in on the sat just put all the cans lose in bags and then never checked.