Just say YES to Colonel Mustard & the Dijon 5

Comfy Bean

Just been informed by a mate who`s on facebook that the Mustard troops have put a Kendal Calling link on their page to say yes to them for 2016 in the fields. If we are saying NO to the Hotpots ( well most seem to be ) then can we have a YES to Colonel Mustard from all you facebookers ?

They are a great festival band. Good tunes and good fun in the sun. If any of you good folks do this facebook thing by going on the Colonel Mustard page and filling in the link then you will not be disappointed.

If these guys then play and you go and see them and don`t like it ( you will love it ) then I will personally buy you a drink from one of KC`s over priced bars :) 

We can all be the 6th Dijon in the fields  :D 

Worthy of a headline slot in the woodlands I recon !

Bit like that slamboree crack !

Aye. Good shout. That Woodland area was excellent this year. If your facebook isn`t flooded down there in Lochland I`m hoping you have nominated them for next year in the fields. You can even bring your flag   ;)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

So....had a blether with the Mustards at T in the Park and they made it as far South as Liverpool this year. Hopefully we see them in the fields next year. Here`s a few words from the efests review from Belladrum earlier this month......

But what really gave me my mojo back was the absolutely immense set from Colonel Mustard and Dijon Five on the Hothouse Stage. For the uninitiated, well, it's difficult to describe the sheer energy or or put into words the experience of a Colonel Mustard show.

Colonel Mustard and Dijon Five: Belladrum Tartan Heart Festival 2016

The Glasgow-based self-styled "shiny discoball hat-wearing, ultimate genre hopping, twisted festival live stage machine" packed out the tent in scenes reminiscent of their sell-out show at the legendary Scottish venue The Barrowlands earlier this year. Although they acknowledged that part of the attraction may have been that their set was inside a tent and the rain was pretty heavy, by the end of the set there were many more converts to the Yellow Movement.

They stormed through sing-along tunes such as Capturado, International Sex Hero, Dance Off, Gay Icon and Cross the Road, with the Colonel himself and the Dijancer leading the collective of musicians and introducing the crowd to the movement's abiding principles of laughing until you no longer know what it is to hate, releasing your soul, losing your inhibitions, determining your own fate and forgetting the distractions.

Red-headed audience members were invited on stage for Ginger Girl, there were guest vocals from Butterscotch from Inverness outfit Spring Break on set-closer These Are Not The Drugs (You Are Looking For), there was crowd surfing, a giant inflatable unicorn, balloons, glitter balls and traffic cones - this set pretty much had it all.

Colonel Mustard and Dijon Five: Belladrum Tartan Heart Festival 2016

The Dijon enthusiasm for and genuine belief in the power of music, peace and love is properly infectious and by the end of their 45-minute set I swear the world was a better place with 2000 people singing "Everyone's happy, everyone's smiling, no one here is sad any more." But don't just take my word for it, the best way to understand it is to actually experience it for yourselves.

Edited by comfortablynumb1910

• 3 months later...

Just to keep comfy company on his one man mustard crusade, I had the pleasure of being at the above mentioned belladrum set & they are a superb festival band, everything the hot pots would like to be but aren't.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Colonel John Thomas Mustard and the Dijon 5 opening the main stage on Saturday. I`ve just bought a sweatshirt for the occasion. They will need every penny after clearly blowing all the dough on this video for their new single.

Never actually listened to any of these before but thought with all the harping on you've done over the last 3+ years I should really have a look....

Wtf is this shit, are they playing the CBeebies tent? They'll been subbing to the Teletubbies next year and the weird Justin Feckwits chap. Christ.

31 minutes ago, bottonrob said:

Never actually listened to any of these before but thought with all the harping on you've done over the last 3+ years I should really have a look....

Wtf is this shit, are they playing the CBeebies tent? They'll been subbing to the Teletubbies next year and the weird Justin Feckwits chap. Christ.

I admit this song isn't their finest hour.

Heres the deal, you get yourself down the main stage early on Saturday, in your Belinda Carlisle jammies if need be, and if you or any of your crew don't have a good time then it's my round. 

You'll love it. Trust me :-)

1 hour ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Heres the deal, you get yourself down the main stage early on Saturday, in your Belinda Carlisle jammies if need be, and if you or any of your crew don't have a good time then it's my round. 

they will defo have a good time probably not over the music they will be chuckling away behind you and the present Mrs Numbs pointing at your mustard hoodies ! Ha 

7 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

they will defo have a good time probably not over the music they will be chuckling away behind you and the present Mrs Numbs pointing at your mustard hoodies ! Ha 

Mrs Comfy is far too classy to wear a Mustard hoody*

* She`s not but I am the sole owner of said item.

2 minutes ago, Mr_Grump said:

Sounds like the right time to make a visit to pootopia!

:lol: Fair enough Grump !

Should you be finished your business before they kick off, same deal applies as I offered Rob.

See you down the front mate. If you don`t enjoy it, my bell.

On 2017-6-1 at 10:32 PM, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Deal, is this acting as the official efest meet up then? Can't wait to some more of their stuff, do they do any Teletubbies covers?