Best Kept Secret Festival 2016

spudling

I emailed them last year, a month before the festival so this should give you an idea of cost. 

At this moment we still have a chalet for 4 persons or a tent comfort for 6 persons.

The price for the chalet is € 851,40 and the price for the tent comfort is € 643,40.

That was for 3 nights

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, johnl said:

This looks quite interesting to me. Any suggestions on the best way of getting there from the Essex/London area.

From Essex? Possibly cheapest (ignoring the bus) is Ryanair, Stansted to Eindhoven. Take the non-stop shuttle bus from the airport to Eindhoven station. About 20 minutes from there to Tilburg. Loads of trains.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, JackHutchy123 said:

Hi,

I'm thinking of going to this festival for the first time this year, what would people recommend is the best way to get there? I live in the UK so was wondering whether eurostar was the best option?

Thanks

Flights are cheap to Amsterdam or eindhoven then train from there to Tilburg.

1 hour ago, spudling said:

Eurostar is a good and cheap way of getting  to  BKS if you buy a "any Belguim station ticket " From Brussels take a train to    Roosendaal-Essen  then on to Tilburg. 

Just to clarify that. Roosendaal and Essen are two different stations in two different countries.

Essen is the last town in Belgium heading north, so an "any station in Belgium" ticket covers that. Then you'd need a ticket from Essen to Tilburg.

The Brussels-Amsterdam Intercitys don't stop in Essen, but that doesn't matter ticketing-wise. They do stop in Roosendaal, just over the Dutch border, from where there are direct trains to Tilburg every 30 minutes.

Can you not buy a ticket on Eurostar from London to "any station in the Netherlands"? I can certainly buy the reverse from "any station in the Netherlands"  to London.

8 hours ago, spudling said:

I don't think Eurostar do a any Netherlands ticket any more . you can buy a Essen to Tilburg ticket at Brussels station saves buying a ticket at Rossendale. 

You can buy tickets from Essen to Tilburg online as well - https://www.b-europe.com/Travel

You just have to be careful to pick "Essen (Be)" from the station list so you get the one in Belgium, not that big place in Germany.

New names announced:

Jamie xx • Ásgeir • Christine and the Queens • Band of Horses • Dinosaur Jr. • Wolf Parade • Bob Moses • Glass Animals • Koreless • Low • Danny L Harle • Oneohtrix Point Never • The Slow Show • BADBADNOTGOOD • The Japanese House • Sleaford Mods • Wild Nothing • Beach Slang • Beaty Heart • Bombino • C Duncan • Ezra Furman • Ho99o9 • Israel Nash • Julien Baker • Ryley Walker • Petite Meller • Rat Boy • Sevdaliza • Slow Magic • Moon Duo • Blossoms

9 minutes ago, Trufflehound said:

I was unaware of Wolf Parade until this morning, but what I've just listened to seems pretty good. Will have to check them out.

The Queen Mary album is essential. Rest of their stuff isn't as good, but still ok, and their set is likely to be 50% queen mary anyway

Overall pretty happy with the lineup so far hopefully there are a few other biggish names to come. Half the fun of BKS is discovering new acts, my favorite bits from the last 2 festivals were acts that were on during the day on the smaller stages. Currently listing to Koreless on YouTube. never heard of them b4 and I will be definitely be checking them out.   .

• 4 weeks later...
On 26.2.2016 at 0:31 PM, yaniv297 said:

So when are we expecting more acts? if at all? and do we expect more big names or just undercred?

I guess there will be one more bigger announcement and then several smaller ones.

It might be a bit statistical, but based on last year's line up, we will get 45-50 additional acts. About 17 for friday and saturday each and about 14 for sunday.

BKS seem to promote four levels of acts: headliner, co-headliner, medium-sized acts and small acts (based on the way they highlight the acts on the artwork). If this is right, they announced their three headliner (Beck, Editors and Jamie XX), eight of the nine co-headliners (Beach House, Christine and the Queens, Bloc Party, Caribou, Dinosaur Jr., Asgeir, Two Door Cinema Club and Wilco) and more or less all medium sized bands for saturday and sunday.

For new confirmations, the friday will probably be the most interesting day, with one co-headliner and about six medium sized bands still unannounced. The other unannounced bands might all be "small" bands, but if you ever visited BKS, these are usually the most interesting ones, because their booking is amazing and they really grab a lot of high quality on the rise bands before they are better known.

Thanks for the answer.

Is Jamie XX really headliner? I mean, I get it people liked In Colour (I did too), but that doesn't really make him headliner material. Beck and Editors are obviously much bigger, and also Wilco, Beach House and Bloc Party seems like a lot more legit headliners than Jamie.