Jcatley

6 minutes ago, craigb said:

Full day by day line up to be announced Wednesday 24 February at 10pm, after The Brit Awards.

BBC Radio 1 Summer of Dance stage will be announced during Annie Mac’s BBC Radio 1 show (7 – 10pm) on Friday 4th March.

I'm not sure whether this is humor or actually happening :P

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pothuthic said:

Guetta is subbing Rihanna, I'd probably say Faithless and Kaisers

Admittedly it looks like that, but V have had a DJ headline the second stage (or main last year) on the sunday at Hylands for many of the recent years. Would make sense if they have Guetta to have him use his light show headlining the second stage rather than have a DJ set up for main. Could be wrong though, tbh I, like many others, have given up caring

Mmmm. Sia is a fun booking, Halsey would get a good crowd at a respectable festival and Years & Years are shifting tickets like nobody's business right now but there's precious little they can be proud of other than that.

Excluding acts I've already seen, I'd only be especially interested in Rihanna, Sia, Faithless, and Halsey here. Given I had 20+ acts I could list as interested in seeing in only 2014, that is an absolutely abysmal drop off. Even last year, with its horrific top of the bill, there were treats like Chvrches, Jessie Ware, Gregory Porter, Bleachers, Mark Ronson and Marina further down, this time there's just... nothing. I guess they can be chuffed in embarassing every fest which booked Jake Bugg so high up two years ago but even that will probably be out of the window when he falls down majorly everywhere else too.

Just so disappointing.

29 minutes ago, daniel.k said:

Admittedly it looks like that, but V have had a DJ headline the second stage (or main last year) on the sunday at Hylands for many of the recent years. Would make sense if they have Guetta to have him use his light show headlining the second stage rather than have a DJ set up for main. Could be wrong though, tbh I, like many others, have given up caring

The poster has Guetta as the sub though, I doubt they'd clash Rihanna and Guetta too...

2 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Does anyone know if sia is a UK exclusive appearance?

I promised my wife we'd go see her if she was in the UK but I'm best man at a wedding V weekend.

I haven't read anything about her being an exclusive, but Sia doesn't normally do shows, which is why her announcement came as such a shock for me.

11 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Does anyone know if sia is a UK exclusive appearance?

I promised my wife we'd go see her if she was in the UK but I'm best man at a wedding V weekend.

Can you not do the wedding and go to the other day of V fest? (whichever site goes not clash with the wedding) 

6 minutes ago, thetime said:

I must be so out of touch, I've no clue who SIA is.

Sia Furler, had a few hits in the early noughties (Breathe Me), featured on David Guetta's Titanium, Flo Ridas 'Wild Ones', written loads of huge hits for other artists and recently had a hugely critically acclaimed album with two pretty big hits (Chandelier and Elastic Heart), she also suffers with Graves disease, so covers her face at all time whilst performing, so rarely does live sets other than TV show appearances.

Sia's setlists at her gigs last summer were kinda lame http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sia/2015/huntington-center-toledo-oh-4bf7077e.html

Obviously she has Alive to add to that now but still, I think she'd need to play Titanium, Wild Ones and She Wolf to suit the sub slot

Edited by Zac Quinn

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Surely it's just:

1 day - Bieber, Sia, Bastile

Faithless, Jake Bugg

Other day - Rhianna, Guetta, Jess Glynee

Kaiser Chiefs, Years and Years

something similar to that anyway.

Pretty much, so Jake Bugg hasn't really fallen loads, one spot basically. If I'm honest Bastille Bugg then Faithless isn't that bad. Jess Glynne and Years and Years but then I have no interest in either header.

The reaction on Facebook has seemed very good. If you are a kid just starting out at festivals then all your Tinie Tempahs and Examples is good for them. They clearly want to just go straight pop and fair enough it'll sell well.

19 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yep, Sia and Guetta are UK festival exclusives.

Guetta not being at Creamfields is a surprise....not that I'd go gor him. To be fair, Glasto now need to be giving Sia sub/Other header as it wouldn't happen.

Just now, thewayiam said:

They clearly want to just go straight pop and fair enough it'll sell well.

Genuinely not sure it will. Reports on here at the time said Bieber's day at Fusion last summer was struggling to sell, Rihanna's stadium tour is bombing, Sia doesn't play gigs so there's no way of knowing how many people she'll draw in and likewise Guetta mainly sticks to festivals (from memory Wireless was his last UK one and that didn't do terrifically). Further down Faithless and the Kaisers are arena acts, although venues were only half full during the latter's last tour. In fact I'd say the only acts on the bill who could definitely be relied upon to shift tickets right now are Years & Years and Little Mix, arugably the worst acts of the lot.

15 minutes ago, Pothuthic said:

I thought his set was pretty crap at Big Weekend last year in the light, although I didn't love him at V2012.

I was there, didn't like it, I do normally enjoy that sort of stuff all that stood out was confetti.

If Rihanna's a UK exclusive, betting she's at Big Weekend this year..

It just could've looked so much stronger if only they'd thrown the book at someone like LCD Soundsystem or Disclosure or The 1975 or Kendrick or even Macklemore. So many acts around this summer. They haven't even booked Rudimental and they were pretty much the V house band on their last album. I don't know what's going on

1 minute ago, Pothuthic said:

tumblr_n71xqs54241qkrrcio1_500.gif

I know Olly's a hoot but...mate...