Jcatley

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'll agree with those saying he could perceivably not headline - there do seem to be factors. Or maybe he could be part of a co-headline with Avicii or someone if he's only up for doing an hour?

Dropped in to point out Noel G has announced his first festival date of the summer at A Summer's Tale festival in Germany the weekend before V so the touring machine is up and running around there. More likely than R+L, you'd think.

I'd say there's your indie/rock headliner sorted

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those 16 year old girls that liked baby when it came out will now be 22 and his new stuff is getting a hell of a lot of respect, to be fair to him his new stuff isn't too bad and he writes his own stuff so that gets a thumbs up from me as a lot of popstars out there don't

On 09 January 2016 at 6:24 PM, daniel.k said:

Dont think Biever is a good shout tbh, but booking Kanye would be a fairly strong booking for V. Can't think who they could book for the other day though, KOL and Killers are the more obvious choices. Don't really know who would be available. Coldplay wouldnt lower themselves to V, Muse would be good but I think its the same scenario. Florence and Mumfords are pretty much ruled out, Kasabian better be ruled out, unless V go for a DJ headliner again and put Guetta up there.

On 02 February 2016 at 6:43 PM, daniel.k said:

Beiber for MTV stage against a rock/indie headliner, smaller DJ on Arena?

What's made you change your mind?

1 hour ago, laura0403 said:

What's made you change your mind?

Nothing, I still dont think Beiber would be a good headliner. V tend to have a DJ or dance act on one of the stages headlining, so if Beiber was on 2nd stage, and a bigger guitar band on main, some smaller dance act could headline Arena.

I can see Noels HFB being there, most likley subbing but as V is going, I wouldn't be too surprised if they headlined.

1 hour ago, daniel.k said:

Nothing, I still dont think Beiber would be a good headliner. V tend to have a DJ or dance act on one of the stages headlining, so if Beiber was on 2nd stage, and a bigger guitar band on main, some smaller dance act could headline Arena.

I can see Noels HFB being there, most likley subbing but as V is going, I wouldn't be too surprised if they headlined.

Oh,  I thought you said it wasn't a good shout that he would be at V, not if he was a good headliner or not.  I didn't say he would be a good headliner either, just a good chance that V would book him, and looks like the majority agree.

2 hours ago, daniel.k said:

2011 - Eminem

2013 - Beyoncé

2014 - Justin Timberlake

2015 - Calvin Harris

V go on money making headliners, regardless on genre!! All the above headlined main stage on the back of sell out tours, with bands on second stage, and dance acts in the tent.  JB has a sell out tour, so seems to me a highly likely, easy pick, no brainer booking for V (just my opinion though)

The problem is that the majority of music around at the moment is pants, and V will book what's "in" with the majority and book it!!

Bieber really wouldn't surprise me and honestly it wouldn't be a bad signing in any meaning of the phrase, he is undoubtedly one of the most famous people on the planet at the minute and his music is widely popular with a diverse range of people, he fits in with V completely.

I also do think he is easily a headliner rather than a second stage headliner, Bieber is more of a headliner than Calvin Harris rather than as big as Olly Murs, Nicki Minaj etc

27 minutes ago, Pothuthic said:

Bieber really wouldn't surprise me and honestly it wouldn't be a bad signing in any meaning of the phrase, he is undoubtedly one of the most famous people on the planet at the minute and his music is widely popular with a diverse range of people, he fits in with V completely.

I also do think he is easily a headliner rather than a second stage headliner, Bieber is more of a headliner than Calvin Harris rather than as big as Olly Murs, Nicki Minaj etc

100% couldn't agree more! 2016 is now know as the year of the Belieber!! 

I'm to Coachella this year, so might not make V, but if I do, I'll be shaking my Newley 30 year old butt to the Biebz! 

7 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I said this last yr, but ill say it again today, any old school and I mean old school v goers, if u havent moved over to victorious already then surely this years line up will make u. Amazing

Been saying for years, organisers have missed a trick not booking more 90s indie/rock. Ticket sales have been dwindling for years at festivals like v/Leeds etc etc. 

Festivals exploded sales wise from the mid to late 90s, why not tap into that market with acts the 35+ got into as teenagers. Even 3/4 bands lower on the bill or heading a smaller stage would ramp up sales.

To counter that argument embrace's crowd was woeful.

4 hours ago, thetime said:

Been saying for years, organisers have missed a trick not booking more 90s indie/rock. Ticket sales have been dwindling for years at festivals like v/Leeds etc etc. 

Festivals exploded sales wise from the mid to late 90s, why not tap into that market with acts the 35+ got into as teenagers. Even 3/4 bands lower on the bill or heading a smaller stage would ramp up sales.

To counter that argument embrace's crowd was woeful.

I agree and Victorious this, it was very busy last year even with the horrid weather, they have a great balance in the bookings throughout the festival, its the festival ive been crying out for for years. Im still shocked they got Noel though.

Hope Godiva stays true to this formula, last year was awful, the Saturday line up sucked, Embrace should have been Saturday headliner, people can't be arsed traveling for one act the Sunday when typically they'll have been pissed up on the Saturday. They should stack the Saturday, do Friday as retro, and Sunday for the kids.

But I guess we should talk about this away from the V forum

Definitely think now that Noel Gallagher HFB will make an appearance - is there a strong likelihood of being the headliner of the main stage, what does everyone think? Considering this is the 21st Birthday and supposed to be BIG but Noel's headlining a somewhat smaller festival, I'd hope that he wouldn't be headlining V. But having seen him at T last year, he'll be good there's no doubt, just might have wanted a bit more. 

It's be great for Manics, Echo & The Bunnymen and Mark Ronson to make an appearance at V though and share with the Victorious - do they tend to share acts?

It shares acts, but with how fast Victorious is growing you can't really make a valid connection based on history.

I'd certainly think that Noel won't be headlining V now if he's playing quite a large festival for a fraction of the price the weekend after. Sub is a possibility but I think that headlining fests rather than playing support to the headliners is what he's doing now.