Jcatley

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, daniel.k said:

With Kanye's new album, he must be somewhere this summer. Either V, T or R&L I would presume? Kanye and a dance act on second stage, with Roses on the other day doesnt sound too far off the mark

Roses or Noel I'm thinking 

Coldplay ruled out, playing in LA on the Saturday. I'm not sure if they were in anyone's thoughts but I thought it was time they played V again, thought this could have been the year but apparently not, I'll settle for seeing them at Wembley instead 

1 hour ago, Kerremy said:

Not the best sources in my opinion but it seems Justin Bieber is a definite...

http://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/justin-bieber-set-to-perform-at-v-festival-in-august

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/justin-bieber-set-unveil-cooler-7273863

As I say, not my preferable sources with the Mirror and OK, what do you all think?

That's actually really annoying, it'll sell but definitely not my choice. Who the hell will sub him haha

1 hour ago, NickisGinger said:

That's actually really annoying, it'll sell but definitely not my choice. Who the hell will sub him haha

Not personally my cup of tea either, I'm hoping they'll have a great rock/indie alternative MTV stage headliner. But he's certainly getting success at the moment, which is what V books for. I'd rather Justin Bieber over Kanye West I suppose. 

I'm hoping that V will stick to the more recent tradition of one rock/indie headliner and one dance/pop headliner if they are going to go that way. I like the mix of music tastes but I wouldn't like a whole load of pop/dance acts, and definitely fewer DJs!

Really hoping they might go with the "Foo Fighters debut album is 21 years old this year, let's book them to fit with the 21 theme" but I think I'm dreaming.

What would be really nice is if they got the guessing games over with and just announced early this year! :)

1 hour ago, Kerremy said:

Not personally my cup of tea either, I'm hoping they'll have a great rock/indie alternative MTV stage headliner. But he's certainly getting success at the moment, which is what V books for. I'd rather Justin Bieber over Kanye West I suppose. 

I'm hoping that V will stick to the more recent tradition of one rock/indie headliner and one dance/pop headliner if they are going to go that way. I like the mix of music tastes but I wouldn't like a whole load of pop/dance acts, and definitely fewer DJs!

Really hoping they might go with the "Foo Fighters debut album is 21 years old this year, let's book them to fit with the 21 theme" but I think I'm dreaming.

What would be really nice is if they got the guessing games over with and just announced early this year! :)

Yeah you can definitely dream on with Foo Fighters :-). To be honest the other headliner is probably going to be The Killers 

41 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

Bieber will headline, I'm hoping they have a good indie headliner on the other day.

He was due to headline a festival with a capacity of 30k less than 6 months ago, it was not even close in selling out.

You really think he will headline a festival with a combined capacity of around 160k?

Edited by thetime

9 minutes ago, thetime said:

He was due to headline a festival with a capacity of 30k less than 6 months ago, it was not even close in selling out.

You really think he will headline a festival with a combined capacity of around 160k?

He broke all the records for number 1s and chart records with his latest album, has gained a lot of new fans. Arguably the biggest male pop star at the moment, very likely to headline.

18 minutes ago, thetime said:

This is V festival you are talking about! Olly Murs headline the other stage last year and Sam Smith and the script sub so best on that I say justin to headline is a dead cert

Is it not possible that beiber subs Kanye as they're mates and think that'd sell pretty well and both would probably accept. Not sure on the other headliner but could be The Killers again to be fair, maybe The Stone Roses but surely not even V would repeat again. 

Bieber's gonna headline if he plays, no doubt about it. i the rumours are true and they've spent a million on him they aren't then gonna spend another fortune on a headliner to go above him, as well as the other headliner. he's got three albums now, the newest of which has gained him a whole new fanbase and respect as an artist. i see no problem at all with him topping the bill, and it's certainly a whole lot more interesting than whatever band they get for the second day from the Kings of Leon, Killers and Kasabian lottery

I'll agree with those saying he could perceivably not headline - there do seem to be factors. Or maybe he could be part of a co-headline with Avicii or someone if he's only up for doing an hour?

Dropped in to point out Noel G has announced his first festival date of the summer at A Summer's Tale festival in Germany the weekend before V so the touring machine is up and running around there. More likely than R+L, you'd think.