Jcatley

Ed Sheeran would headline on his own. If those were the acts booked, Sheeran would be headlining and Prodge would be on the second stage.

Edit: And yeah Avicii would have a higher slot than them. Avicii co-headlined TITP this year whilst The Prodigy headlined the second stage.

Edited by Will-2609

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed Sheeran would headline on his own. If those were the acts booked, Sheeran would be headlining and Prodge would be on the second stage.

Edit: And yeah Avicii would have a higher slot than them. Avicii co-headlined TITP this year whilst The Prodigy headlined the second stage.

Avicii co-headlined TITP because of their new extended saturday night, and IMO TITP are the reason V had Calvin Harris headline this year. They gave him the idea of headlining non-EDM festivals and then he wants to headline everywhere else he plays. I like his music and am a fan, but I think DJ acts like that at V should be on the second stage to close the festival with a band or solo singer headlining. Libertines co-headlined T but headlined R&L, so as Ed hasnt headlined anyting major yet, so V could maybe bill him as co-head but have an act like Prodigy close the festival. Before Florence at Glasto, people were talking about her co-headlining somewhere, so thats where I got the thought from.

If Prodigy were on MTV stage they would put on a good show too of course. Same as Rudimental or Dislcosure or Avicii. All could headline the second stage, but V might think that Calvin headlining main was a good success this year and get another DJ to headline again. But IMO DJ acts like Guetta, Avicii, Like Mike & Dimitri Vegas, Calvin ect should headline second stage while the set up how it is at V. Get a later night finish at 2 acts in the dark like T does and I agree someone like Avicii or the other DJ's could go on last at V. Whoever headlines., I doubt ill be going again anyway haha.

Muse announced their tour, could be a small chance for them at V? If enough money is thrown at them?

If Muse were too play at V, they would have to cut down on the poppy acts, otherwise I can't see the right crowd being there to enjoy them

No different to Kasabian I dont think - Muse at Man City in 2013 had a crowd that were at times similar to what you get a V so I doubt it'd be a problem, they're more popular in the mainstream than you'd think. 

V won't be able to afford them though...Mumford it is!

No different to Kasabian I dont think - Muse at Man City in 2013 had a crowd that were at times similar to what you get a V so I doubt it'd be a problem, they're more popular in the mainstream than you'd think. 

V won't be able to afford them though...Mumford it is!

V apparently have one of the bigger budgets for acts I heard, so if anyone can afford them its V. If Muse dont play, its because Muse dont want to do V or the organisers dont want a band like Muse

Avicii co-headlined TITP because of their new extended saturday night, and IMO TITP are the reason V had Calvin Harris headline this year. They gave him the idea of headlining non-EDM festivals and then he wants to headline everywhere else he plays. I like his music and am a fan, but I think DJ acts like that at V should be on the second stage to close the festival with a band or solo singer headlining. Libertines co-headlined T but headlined R&L, so as Ed hasnt headlined anyting major yet, so V could maybe bill him as co-head but have an act like Prodigy close the festival. Before Florence at Glasto, people were talking about her co-headlining somewhere, so thats where I got the thought from.

Yes but if The Prodigy were bigger than Avicii they'd have been the ones co-headlining with The Libertines and Avicii would have been on the second stage.

Yes but if The Prodigy were bigger than Avicii they'd have been the ones co-headlining with The Libertines and Avicii would have been on the second stage.

Yeah fair point, I guess from their point of view Avicii would have more chances to use fireworks and CO2 cannons. If either were at V I would consider it a fairly good booking for them, might just depend on who plays where

V apparently have one of the bigger budgets for acts I heard, so if anyone can afford them its V. If Muse dont play, its because Muse dont want to do V or the organisers dont want a band like Muse

So they have one of the biggest budgets of all the festivals and for the last three years they have had a shit lineup, I do not get it the team who produce the lineup must be crap at their job! Plus i said it before ed is a shoe in to headline V next year and maybe headline glasto the year after?

So they have one of the biggest budgets of all the festivals and for the last three years they have had a shit lineup, I do not get it the team who produce the lineup must be crap at their job! Plus i said it before ed is a shoe in to headline V next year and maybe headline glasto the year after?

I doubt he'll headline anywhere major next year because he probably won't have a new album out yet, and so he'd be playing the same set he played as a sub at V last Summer.

Also Glastonbury tend to get acts on their first Summer promoting an album, rather than getting them after they've already been at other festivals; so if V had Sheeran next year he probably wouldn't be at Glastonbury the following year.

For me Sheeran will have a Summer off next year, then headline Glastonbury in 2017 on the back of a new album.

I doubt he'll headline anywhere major next year because he probably won't have a new album out yet, and so he'd be playing the same set he played as a sub at V last Summer.

Also Glastonbury tend to get acts on their first Summer promoting an album, rather than getting them after they've already been at other festivals; so if V had Sheeran next year he probably wouldn't be at Glastonbury the following year.

For me Sheeran will have a Summer off next year, then headline Glastonbury in 2017 on the back of a new album.

Agreed, he wouldnt headline off the same album, and Glasto wouldnt want him a year after his new album. New album 2017 I would presume, maybe headline Glasto then V in the same year, or V the year after. If not then just headline Glasto and forget about V.

Most festivals now are having a bit of shit line ups, I dont think V was too bad 2013 or 2014. 2015 was probably weakest its been, so hope V 2016 will be better

Agreed, he wouldnt headline off the same album, and Glasto wouldnt want him a year after his new album. New album 2017 I would presume, maybe headline Glasto then V in the same year, or V the year after. If not then just headline Glasto and forget about V.

Headline Glasto and T imo in 2017 and one of IOW/V to pick him up the following.

I don't think it's been shit for 3 years, this year definitely, 2014 was great, 2013 had Beyoncé which was a huge coup and well received I think

are you having a laugh about the last three years line ups?

Just looked at who played on the two main stages at this year V

It included Imelda May, Ella Henderson, George Ezra, The script, Anne Mac, Kodaline, scouting for girls, sigma, James Bay FuseODG, Sam Smith plus Oly Murs headlining the 2nd stage and Calvin Harris main headliner!

Acts that preformed on the two main stage in 2012 included

Madness, keane, stranglers, Ben Howard, The Enemy, Noah and the Whale, Inspiral Carpets, Friendly Fires, Frank Turner Noel G. Plus Ed sheeran headlining the Arena and Stone Roses headlining.

You can not compare the two lines up!

It included Imelda May, Ella Henderson, George Ezra, The script, Anne Mac, Kodaline, scouting for girls, sigma, James Bay FuseODG, Sam Smith plus Oly Murs headlining the 2nd stage and Calvin Harris main headliner!

Madness, keane, stranglers, Ben Howard, The Enemy, Noah and the Whale, Inspiral Carpets, Friendly Fires, Frank Turner Noel G. Plus Ed sheeran headlining the Arena and Stone Roses headlining.

This years was the worst, a lot of people have admitted that. Depends what sort of thing you look at V fest for. Popular current music is what V has done for years, its just the music scene has changed.

I know, hence why I said it was shit, I just said 13 and 14 weren't that bad.

This years was the worst, a lot of people have admitted that. Depends what sort of thing you look at V fest for. Popular current music is what V has done for years, its just the music scene has changed.

I like indie music, with some quality pop and some classic 90s thrown in. I thought V used to be all that but now it is very average pop acts must off talent shows with a load of dance music and guitar bands I can count on my single hand. 

I like indie music, with some quality pop and some classic 90s thrown in. I thought V used to be all that but now it is very average pop acts must off talent shows with a load of dance music and guitar bands I can count on my single hand.

You need to venture to Kendal calling festival, sounds more up your street.

Sack the dance tent off, have an V classics tent with the old skool V indie bands.

Or I'll start my own festival......

The best... Oasis, REM, The Charlatans, Shed Seven, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Coldplay, Ian Brown, Snow Patrol, Athlete, Texas, David Gray, Chemical Brothers, Sleeper, Dodgy, Underworld, Garbage, Ash, The Avalanches, Lightning Seeds, Space ......Festival in the world... Ever!!!

remember those albums?

I can see plenty of money being made from festivals like this in the next few years. The Shiiine one down at Minehead later this year has sold out so I can only imagine there will be an abundance over the next few years. Cant wait.

There are just so many of the early-mid nineties bands back together now it just makes sense to stick them all on one bill.

I can see plenty of money being made from festivals like this in the next few years. The Shiiine one down at Minehead later this year has sold out so I can only imagine there will be an abundance over the next few years. Cant wait.

There are just so many of the early-mid nineties bands back together now it just makes sense to stick them all on one bill.

Hopefully shiiine is just a 'see how it goes run' before an out door festival in 2017.

Not necessarily for next year, but how much do you see Ellie Goulding rising up the lineup? I reckon if the new album is as popular as the last and she takes a break from the festival, she could be headlining by the time the fourth one comes around

I dont see her getting any higher than Sub or second stage headline at V tbh. Maybe headline a slightly smaller place but I dont see her being the headliner at V, even after another album

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully shiiine is just a 'see how it goes run' before an out door festival in 2017.

Get yourself to Victorious Festival in Portsmouth, went this year, two outdoor open air main stages, and a fair few tented stages, £50 for the weekend I paid, but early birds were even cheaper, no camping however but the line up had in no particular order

Ray Davies, Peter Hook, Magic Numbers, Cast, Johnny Marr, The Darkness, Basement Jaxx, Primal Scream, Flaming Lips, The Fratellis, Texas, Jaws, The Subways, Mystery Jets, Tinie Tempah, Dave McCabe [singer of The Zutons], Grant Nicolas [Singer of Feeder], Ben Ottewell [Singer of Gomez] and about 100 more acts, closest thing you will get to an old school V.

Tickets are on sale for next year and only £40 for weekend at the mo.