Jcatley

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see V moving away from the poppy X factor stuff. That seems to be what kids are into. 

Sack the dance tent off, have an V classics tent with the old skool V indie bands.

Or I'll start my own festival......

The best... Oasis, REM, The Charlatans, Shed Seven, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Coldplay, Ian Brown, Snow Patrol, Athlete, Texas, David Gray, Chemical Brothers, Sleeper, Dodgy, Underworld, Garbage, Ash, The Avalanches, Lightning Seeds, Space ......Festival in the world... Ever!!!

remember those albums?

If they want to sell tickets, they need to organise a festival that has music for three days if they're charging the same as Reading and Leeds, and other similar festivals which offer an extra day of music... How can they expect people to pay the same amount of money for a day less?

Can't see V moving away from the poppy X factor stuff. That seems to be what kids are into. 

Sack the dance tent off, have an V classics tent with the old skool V indie bands.

Or I'll start my own festival......

The best... Oasis, REM, The Charlatans, Shed Seven, Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Coldplay, Ian Brown, Snow Patrol, Athlete, Texas, David Gray, Chemical Brothers, Sleeper, Dodgy, Underworld, Garbage, Ash, The Avalanches, Lightning Seeds, Space ......Festival in the world... Ever!!!

remember those albums?

Saw the Charlatans this weekend at V - they were good

Don;t forget  Travis, OCS, Blur, Embrace, Cast, James :-)

I really missed the Futures tent this year. I missed the secret sets in there (Enemy one year were brillant' and missed seeing some of the newer bands - I think V really misses that side of music

Muse have played a few times in the past, so could be them next year and then I think they go for Taylor Swift/Rihanna

If they want to sell tickets, they need to organise a festival that has music for three days if they're charging the same as Reading and Leeds, and other similar festivals which offer an extra day of music... How can they expect people to pay the same amount of money for a day less?

Well they were doing exactly that for years.

It's just more competition from other festivals, reading and Leeds struggle to sell out aswel.

The time when the major festivals sell out in hours(bar Glastonbury) has long gone. There's nothing much v could do to be fair that fits into there market, end of August is a really packed market for festiivals. You have V, reading, Leeds, creamfields, south west 4 and also likes of pukkelpop in Belgium(highly recommended and cheaper than v).

On a side note just won VIP tickets for fusion festival, now that's a shit line-up...

Edited by thetime

Not been to V for a few years but I wonder if they might be able to shift the days. A couple of European festivals I've been to start on Thursday and finish on Saturday. Feels like, as the Thursday doesn't clash with the other festivals that weekend, they have a good chance at some bigger acts for Thursday night.

Edited by TheNewUnion

Not been to V for a few years but I wonder if they might be able to shift the days. A couple of European festivals I've been to start on Thursday and finish on Saturday. Feels like, as the Thursday doesn't clash with the other festivals that weekend, they have a good chance at some bigger acts for Thursday night.

Sziget next year is Wednesday to Wednesday,that's a bit of a brain fuck.

Still about £30 too high to be tempting unless they reveal Taylor Swift as a headliner before the window closes.

Knowing how organised V are, I highly doubt they have even thought about headliners yet for next year. They will be counting their money and hoping R&L has a bad weekend

After Sam Smith getting the James Bond theme tune, dare I say he will headline on his next appearance at V. Same as Ed Sheeran.

Not doubting it's likeliness but I can't see Taylor even being interested in V unless the fee was high

Exactly, why would she play any festival at the moment unless the reward was high (Money or record sales in the case of Glasto). Headliners aside, who might be around to sub next year? From the past few years, Jessie J and Example slipped down after being 3rd down, kinda limits the pool for sub and 3rd down

Years and years for 3rd down?

Id have thought that was too high, maybe 3rd on MTV stage? Id have a guess at maybe Disclosure, The 1975 or Imagine Dragons, if they are touring and R&L dont snap them up. Someone like that would maybe change up the all pop vibe. Maybe even a Chase and Status live set could sub. Rudimental will probably be there again next year, so either a second stage headline or sub/3rd off their new album regardless of how it sells

Id have thought that was too high, maybe 3rd on MTV stage? Id have a guess at maybe Disclosure, The 1975 or Imagine Dragons, if they are touring and R&L dont snap them up. Someone like that would maybe change up the all pop vibe. Maybe even a Chase and Status live set could sub. Rudimental will probably be there again next year, so either a second stage headline or sub/3rd off their new album regardless of how it sells

those are all sub bands not third down

If James Bay is being banded around for 3rd down... they've been huge this year, King and Shine sold really well as did the album, I'll predict them going high up on festivals next year.

Give me Y&Y over those three, although Imagine Dragons were fab at Big Weekend.