Jcatley

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends if they can convince anyone that size to play though doesn't it. All three of those could probably sell out stadiums so have no need to play festivals unless they really want to.

With regards Kanye I'd be surprised if he doesn't avoid UK fests for the forseeable future after the amount of stick he got for both Wireless and Glasters. But he doesn't sell tickets anyway.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Ed sheeran is absolute shoe in for v festival next year as heard people in the music business saying he will be headling major festivals next year. Plus every year for the last 6 plus years coldplay are mention and have never headline V I do not know why!

Edited by benus80

Ed sheeran is absolute shoe in for v festival next year as heard people in the music business saying he will be headling major festivals next year. Plus every year for the last 6 plus years coldplay are mention and have never headline V I do not know why!

They make more from there stadium show.

Ed to headline maybe in 2017, havent heard any plans for a new album next year so I cant see him headlining on the same album that he has already played. Could be wrong though, and tbh maybe Wireless or somewhere kinda between the big festivals of V, T and Glasto, and smaller festivals would make sense if he does festivals next year. Could have a summer out. I would really like Coldplay to headline, it would bring back a bit of rep and sell tickets quick, so we can hope. Same for Muse, they would sell the tickets and generate more interest in the festival than KOL or Killers again.

It's not so much the headliners for me, more the cut backs to the stages. Change that and I might go back next year

In the mid 2000's you had four genuine stages for live acts; plus the Strongbow and Barcardi bars which in themselves had really good DJ's playing. So effectively you had 6 stages to and about 80 acts a day to see

Now it's down to three main stages and the dance tent, plus the comedy tent (which doesn't run all day) so you are down to about 45-50 acts a day and the choice and variety suffers as a result, especially in comparison with other newer festivals

I think they can still convince, they managed to get Kasabian this year still. Just need to chuck the money I think

Kasabian are not at the same level as Coldplay. 

Festival headliners yes , but multiple stadium shows in the UK no !

And how come Coldplay have not played for V years ?

It's not so much the headliners for me, more the cut backs to the stages. Change that and I might go back next year

In the mid 2000's you had four genuine stages for live acts; plus the Strongbow and Barcardi bars which in themselves had really good DJ's playing. So effectively you had 6 stages to and about 80 acts a day to see

Now it's down to three main stages and the dance tent, plus the comedy tent (which doesn't run all day) so you are down to about 45-50 acts a day and the choice and variety suffers as a result, especially in comparison with other newer festivals

I loved the Strongbow and Bacardi bars a lovely way to spend a few hours in the afternoon when there was not much else on !