Pukkelpop 2016

DDave

2 hours ago, TheNewUnion said:

I'd get beer tokens in advance, save yourself a queue to buy them when you arrive. As for food, none of our lot eat inside, we just pop out and eat at one of the houses outside. The thatched cottage does good BBQ sandwiches (turn left out of the festival) and there is a Pizza/Kebab place and a Frituur if you turn right out of the festival, about 5 minutes walk or so. Also, pretty much all the places have burgers etc and beers for much less than in the festival site (think it was €1.5 a can last time). Food inside is quite expensive so we just eat outside between bands and have a few cheap beers.

I'm so glad that I ask and got answer from you! Didn't know attendees are allow to go in and out. Festivals that I used to attend in my country did not allow re-entry. Appreciate your reply mate!

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Furious-Red said:

Do you need wifi for it to work (after you download it)

Not sure, probably some kind of signal is required I assume. The app itself can be used without Wifi but I don't think the timeline will update without a signal

Edited by DiscothequeDave

4 hours ago, Furious-Red said:

Do you need wifi for it to work (after you download it)

There is wifi in a couple of different spots around the site - dance area and resto (which is at the back of the Main Stage) for definite and possibly the Foodwood too? I can't remember how good it is but should be enough to run the app. 

I always print off a copy of the timetable the night before I leave but if you go into the arena early enough on Thursday they give away a free booklet with all the times in it. That's obviously printed in advance so any late cancellations or changes won't be included.

If you're with Vodafone then they have a euro traveller plan that costs £3 a day. With this you can use all your normal call, message and data allowance as if you were at home and you only get charged for the days you use it. As soon as you send a text, make a call etc it's activated for that day. Prices have dropped considerably of late but for ease I think I'll stick with the plan. It's hard to calculate how much data I'll use so I'd rather know the cost upfront - don't fancy getting home to a big bill!

Just found a more detailed version of the site map - http://newsmonkey.be/article/70203. Only problem is the quality is crap so it's hard to tell what some of the new bits are? Be interested to know what that semi-circle area near the Castello is. Good news that there's additional toilets near the Dance Hall though.

If anyone finds a better quality version then please post on here. Looked on the app and website but can't find this version.

Map has now been updated on the website - https://www.pukkelpop.be/nl/praktisch/festivalterrein/plan/

There was something on Instagram and twitter yesterday about the video wall near the Booth. It's 12 shipping containers (or at least that's the projections I saw) with trippy 3D visuals splashed all over them. Looked really good so can't wait to see what it's like after dark.

9 hours ago, Furious-Red said:

Have everything printed out and ready to hit Amsterdam tomorrow :) Have a great festival everyone.

Looks like i will have to Brussels since my friends gf booked her train ticket from Brussels

Is your friend's gf travelling down from Holland with you or are you meeting them in Brussels? If she's with you then don't worry about the fact her train ticket (the free one you get with your festival ticket) is booked from Brussels. They won't take much notice of what the ticket says - just the fact you have one - as you are allowed to travel from anywhere in Belgium on it.

Technically, the ticket should state the first station across the border (Essen) so get off in Antwerp anyway and jump on the train to Hasselt. There's no barriers or anything to go through at the station and your ticket will only be checked when actually on the train by an inspector. Chances are it will be pretty busy, particularly when you leave Antwerp, so you may not even get checked at all. They know everyone's heading to the festival so all they care about is that you have a ticket. I'm sure last year mine was checked before I even reached Antwerp.

Have a safe journey, enjoy Amsterdam and have a good one at PKP!

On 12/08/2016 at 11:30 AM, dod2790 said:

Can anyone advise on the best way to get back to Brussels on the Friday? If I stay till 4am (the last act) will there be trains between 4-5 am Saturday morning. Earliest I can see on the Belgian rail website is after 6

Any help with this!! I'm thinking I might have to taxi it back to Brussels afterwards

41 minutes ago, dod2790 said:

Any help with this!! I'm thinking I might have to taxi it back to Brussels afterwards

Do you have to be in Brussels at a certain time? If not, you could hang around the station in Hasselt until the first train leaves. Might be worth emailing the train company to check the times as I know last year the trains to Antwerp on Sunday were different to what it said on the website (I took screen shots before I left). Taxi to Brussels would be silly money, I'm guessing more than 100 euros.

32 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

What's the plan for Wednesday? We're going to head in and get our wristbands, see what the new layout is like, couple of hours in Boiler/Dance or whatever then probably back to the "Bar on the Corner" (which I am sure has a name) for a few scoops.

Pretty similar. I'm going straight to the site this year as need to get my tent set up. Trufflehound, his wife and our other friends who are staying at the HIE are going to meet me in the arena around 8pm. We'll stay for an hour or so before heading back to the little bar on the corner, which is called Vanveldeke. I've got a couple of friends who are DJing in the Booth between 12-2am so I'm going to head back for them. Will definitely see you in the bar though, be good to have a proper catch up!

Received my 'Acts entry vouchers' this morning - all 4 days. Bring it on!!!!! :D

6 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

Is this usual to have this many cancellations at PKP?

Yes. They always seem to have cancellations. Normally for a reasonably good reason, but in years gone by they've lost headliners very late in the day (Neil Young), lost good solid mid-card acts (Frank Turner, Slayer, Solange) and they've already lost a couple of names this year. Always seems to happen for them.

Weather wise, the foreceasts just don't really agree at the moment. There is rain in all of them but differing quantities and on different days. Nothing serious at the moment though, however there is still time for the forecast to change, though Wednesday is probably going to be about right a couple of days out.

Some of the others on here who have been going for years say that the ground holds up pretty well, can't comment on the campsite however as I have only camped there once.

Edited by TheNewUnion
more detail.

1 hour ago, Semprini said:

Do you have to be in Brussels at a certain time? If not, you could hang around the station in Hasselt until the first train leaves. Might be worth emailing the train company to check the times as I know last year the trains to Antwerp on Sunday were different to what it said on the website (I took screen shots before I left). Taxi to Brussels would be silly money, I'm guessing more than 100 euros.

No dont have to be back by certain time. Will suss out the taxi prices when there. If not it will probably have to be a small nap in Hasselt train station till the first train a  6.30 am!!

33 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Surely they'll have to fill that gap? Not sure they can just shuffle everyone up a spot

Think they'll replace her spot with either Jess Glynne or Dua Lipa and then book someone for the Dance Hall. At this stage they don't need to pull out a big name and the organisers have a history of not doing so, Neil Young being the worse case so far.