How would you make titp at top festival again?

Lor1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 07/07/2016 at 6:46 PM, Tijuana said:

They could find better people to run the dance tent. 

The Slam Tent has been utter shit for years. Nothing more than a jolly for them and their shit DJ mates. It's like groundhog day at times. Same people playing year after year after year.

The Colours / Streetrave crew can put on a better party than Slam ever could.

Like Red Day says above, I doubt I'll ever go back. Ellis won't change it because he's more interested in your money than providing you with a decent lineup. It's a festival for teenagers nowadays. Teens in the Park.

Nonsense. The Slam tents been the only decent thing at T for years. 

And I would class myself as one of the original streetrave crew. Been going for well over 20 years.

I don't see a way back for it now. The only way to the old type of crowd back is to completely change the type of acts they book, and even if they did that they would probably fuck themselves over, because it would probably take a couple of good years for people to be convinced to return. In the meantime, they might sell even less tickets if they alienated the people who go now by cutting down on the EDM shite.

Then there's everything that has happened this year. It's joined the Leeds/Reading and V as festivals I would never consider going to again unless there was a major change. I could only see myself possibly going to Latitude or Bestival out of the larger UK ones now (other than Glastonbury obviously).

Without sounding like a snob, regarding the scrapping, a lot of the youngsters going to TITP may be schemies from all over the central belt. The debauchery is going to happen. Or am I being unfair?

Perhaps that explains why it doesn't seem to happen elsewhere 

37 minutes ago, xtrmntr75 said:

Without sounding like a snob, regarding the scrapping, a lot of the youngsters going to TITP may be schemies from all over the central belt. The debauchery is going to happen. Or am I being unfair?

Perhaps that explains why it doesn't seem to happen elsewhere 

IMO you put thousands of teens together in a confined space, fill all of them full of drink and a lot of them full of drugs and you are always going to get some level of bother, whether it's TITP, Glasgow, Edinburgh or whatever. The crowd is also predominantly teens and early 20s which is also a big factor. Other festivals will probably have a wider, more varied age range which dilutes the chance of radgey teens being camped next to each other. 

56 minutes ago, crowie said:

IMO you put thousands of teens together in a confined space, fill all of them full of drink and a lot of them full of drugs and you are always going to get some level of bother, whether it's TITP, Glasgow, Edinburgh or whatever. The crowd is also predominantly teens and early 20s which is also a big factor. Other festivals will probably have a wider, more varied age range which dilutes the chance of radgey teens being camped next to each other. 

Seems spot on to me.

Would add.....we walked through the yellow campsite on Friday afternoon. There were huge groups of kids age 16,17 getting hammered. The place was like a bombsite but it was all good natured. How long will that last anywhere though until things kick off.

If you are that age, your not getting served in the arena and you won't get drink past the searches ( in theory). Plus at £4.80 a pint your going to get loaded at the tent.

Wickerman and kendal calling have separate quiet and family camping areas so suppose they could try that to attract new punters but when such a huge % of your customers are underage and don't appear to be that bothered about the music you really are in a mess.

10 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Seems spot on to me.

Would add.....we walked through the yellow campsite on Friday afternoon. There were huge groups of kids age 16,17 getting hammered. The place was like a bombsite but it was all good natured. How long will that last anywhere though until things kick off.

If you are that age, your not getting served in the arena and you won't get drink past the searches ( in theory). Plus at £4.80 a pint your going to get loaded at the tent.

Wickerman and kendal calling have separate quiet and family camping areas so suppose they could try that to attract new punters but when such a huge % of your customers are underage and don't appear to be that bothered about the music you really are in a mess.

You are both bang on. 

Money talks. Once Ellis has crunched the numbers then he'll decide who to book next year. More likely more pop acts and djs. If that's the way it is then fine. One thing for sure is that it's never going to be as big as it was 5-10 years ago. The spark has long gone. If the kids want to sit in a campsite all weekend then let them get on with it. Go find yourself another festival to go to. There's plenty of choice

12 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Seems spot on to me.

Yep we did same walk despite having non-camping tickets. As you said, it was busy but seemed good natured but that was 12.30 lunchtime. Your points about kids age and not getting served onsite, as well as actual costs, also very relevant. We have seen in this forum the amount of times questions asked about U18s getting drink in. You can add to that point in regards to kids at that age will

a. have less tolerance to alcohol and not know when to slow down when feeling pished and

b. seem to want to get wrecked in as quick as possible with whatever is cheapest and most alcoholic 

added in many taking whatever level of shit they take nowadays, stuff I wouldn't use to put a rat down, and it's just a deadly cocktail. I'm all for kids having a good time and don't want to sound like the old fart I am but there should always be a balance between the music and drink. Then again peer pressure huge for many of them, especially in these social media heavy days.

2 hours ago, dbug said:

You are both bang on. 

Money talks. Once Ellis has crunched the numbers then he'll decide who to book next year. More likely more pop acts and djs. If that's the way it is then fine. One thing for sure is that it's never going to be as big as it was 5-10 years ago. The spark has long gone. If the kids want to sit in a campsite all weekend then let them get on with it. Go find yourself another festival to go to. There's plenty of choice

I tend to go because it's the most convenient one for me, in theory, now, 1 hour tops from my house so I can get home each night, decent sleep, clean and dry for next again day. It's also the one most of my mates will go to. And I find that even amongst all the pop and DJs I have wide enough enjoyment to find a few acts each day I want to see. I've usually been one of Ts biggest defenders but even given all the positives above, it is finally losing its appeal for me. 

I would say the convenience suits me too being based in Weegieville. I only went the Friday mainly for the Roses. After thinking I'd never see them I'll take every chance I can get. Saturday line-up didnae really do it apart from LSP. I'm not exclusively into 'indie landfill' as someone on here calls it. Stuff like Massive Attack, Leftfield, Death In Vegas, Public Service Broadcasting and Sleaford Mods would have had me purring. It doesn't have to be Indie landfill or EDM. There's a lot of stuff in between

I think the only way it can be saved is that if it goes back to balado. If its at the current site next year i just think that will be the finial nail in the coffin for TITP. I know theres other festivals but i would still miss T. They need to do something about all the anti social social behaviour 

On 10 July 2016 at 0:18 PM, doe said:

Nonsense. The Slam tents been the only decent thing at T for years. 

And I would class myself as one of the original streetrave crew. Been going for well over 20 years.

Although I loved the tenents arms it's the same tunes in slam I don't know why they dont give the Streetrave lads a shot at it,something diffrent.

It would be bouncing

22 hours ago, standfree92 said:

I think the only way it can be saved is that if it goes back to balado. If its at the current site next year i just think that will be the finial nail in the coffin for TITP. I know theres other festivals but i would still miss T. They need to do something about all the anti social social behaviour 

Totally agree,either balado or somewhere that isn't in the middle of no where.

Older lot want to stay in hotels or want day tickets to go home and come back the next day away from the mayhem in the campsite,strathallan doesn't work.

They were looking at Stirling,if they moved it there had a decient line up it would sell out.

Realistically if the target audience is 16 to 18 year olds it's going to be a shit festival. Most people that age haven't the sense they were born with, I was a total knob when I was 17. They need to broaden the lineup to draw an older more mature crowd as well the younguns. I don't know if many of you have heard of Oxegen, it was a festival that used to happen in Ireland but it died in 2012 I think it was due to shit lineups consisting mostly of c**ts like Calvin Harris and Avicii attracting hoards of tennage dickheads. The crowd got rougher and rougher every year and eventually the festival had such low ticket sales due to it's deteriorating reputation that it was financially unfeasable. It's run by the same people as titp and looks to me like titp is heading the same way, I dunno how they didn't learn their lesson first time around.

On 7/12/2016 at 6:12 PM, Threestripes said:

Totally agree,either balado or somewhere that isn't in the middle of no where.

Older lot want to stay in hotels or want day tickets to go home and come back the next day away from the mayhem in the campsite,strathallan doesn't work.

They were looking at Stirling,if they moved it there had a decient line up it would sell out.

I agree with those comments about day trippers and those who would rather stay in a hotel.  Not very easy to do in current location

• 4 weeks later...

make it camping only....no day tickets ...friday campers only was a much better atmosphere before daytrippers arrived...and to get rid of the neds they'll need to increase the prices.  and stop booking acts that attracts them.  

security has always been a joke.    start employing real security. a friends 17 year old daughter went to a security guard and told him they didnt feel safe and could they be moved.?    guy just laughed at her.....tent was robbed next day.....

in my opinion the police dogs at the gate are the cause of people overdosing,,  people swallow what they have got and OD within a couple of hours... i have witnessed more people getting stretchered before 4 pm than any other time.