2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, oscs said:

Late suggestion for secret set: Twin Atlantic? Then they go on to headline The Pit or something next year? Could get a couple of songs out between now and then

They come do a secret set in the big tent and then you bump them down to headline the pit next year? Don't see it.

2 minutes ago, juglando said:

whats the smallest crowd anyone anyone has seen a nme headliner draw? because i cant see you me at six exactly filling the tent...

I think they have the best chance against Kasabian though, Wen't to see a bit of TDCC last year and the crowd was quite small ish.

40 minutes ago, juglando said:

whats the smallest crowd anyone has seen a nme headliner draw? because i cant see you me at six exactly filling the tent...

I saw Nero close NME in 2014 to a very small crowd. I wasn't there but I imagine Justice suffered similarly in 2012.

I remember about 250 people watching Graham Coxon headline the NME tent in 2004.

What made it particularly sad was that he was playing against The Darkness who for some still unknown reason had packed the Main Stage. They used to have really bad headliners occasionally in the 00s (I'm looking at you Razorlight!)

I remember Graham had to stop his set half way through because the Darkness had let fireworks off and we couldn't hear him. I also vaguely remember him starting most songs by saying 'This next song's about disillusionment'!

The few of us there were fans though and it ended up being a great gig.

Faith No More had a very small crowd up against Kings of Leon in 2009. From what I was told at the time ATDI had a tiny crowd up against Kasabian in 2012, but You Me At Six are far more aligned with the potential Reading crowd than ATDI. 

1 minute ago, pepesilvia said:

Don't know if it's already common knowledge, but just saw a poster for Architects playing Alexandra Palace in February. While She Sleeps and Counterparts supporting 

Damn, that sounds good. Ally Pally tho <_<

If anyone does see any neat tour posters definitely drop the info here!

Might be late because I haven't read back, but weather update for Leeds is that it's only the walkway in that's quite muddy. Everywhere else is just fine. Sun is out now and it's feeling really warm, so hopefully that'll dry things out a bit. 

Have a sick weekend everyone! 

14 minutes ago, jcarb said:

Anyone got any ideas on what the 'Something' is that You me at six have planned for the weekend?
Personally hoping for Take off your colours in full, i'd settle for them just doing a set list of anything pre Cavalier Youth though aha!

I've heard it's a TOYC setlist but will be shocked if they don't chuck some new stuff in there, even though their last 2 albums were poor.

2 hours ago, callum97 said:

I've heard it's a TOYC setlist but will be shocked if they don't chuck some new stuff in there, even though their last 2 albums were poor.

I would be surprised if any band would go and abandon the album they're touring in a major festival slot only seven months after it was released.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, Bingofishy said:

Of course take this with a pinch of salt but I was just told that Wolf Alice are doing a secret slot. My source is someone who works in association with the festival. 

It's a rumour that's been floating about for a while. They can't do the Friday one I believe?