kaosmark2

2017 festival

What time on the Friday is the secret act meant to be on at Reading?

i see a potential slot on the NME, but surely they wouldn't put a band as big as QOTSA/Royal Blood so close to a main headliner slot? and risk minimising their headliner crowd?

5 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I'm sure they're more hoping that Bastille being on the same time will reduce the risk of their being an unsafe amount of people trying to get in the tent.

I would think it's cos the same band is playing both sites and that's the only way they can fit it in. The secret set at Leeds is barely up against anything.

8 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

They finally fixed the set times + added the signing stage times to the app, so I updated the clashfinder too :)

https:///s/read2017

Neck Deep and Marmozets for me in the signing tent.........well unless they clash or i can't be assed to queue lol

EDIT: Forget the Marmozets! I need to at the front for KoRn lol

Edited by TornShaun

Depends on the band really , can't see Frank Carter pulling a huuuge crowd but Blossoms I can see being quite large 

also has Pendulum been entirely ruled out of a secret set? 

Edited by Obiginnaw

1 minute ago, Obiginnaw said:

Depends on the band really , can't see Frank Carter pulling a huuuge crowd but Blossoms I can see being quite large 

What do you think for Bastille? Determined to meet them, wondering how early to get there.

2 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

also has Pendulum been entirely ruled out of a secret set? 

Yeah, Knife Party and Pendulum sets on both days of SW4 so I very much doubt they will

1 minute ago, Jayvk said:

What do you think for Bastille? Determined to meet them, wondering how early to get there.

Bastille will be big I imagine, well known name and such, depends on clashes though 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Bastille will be big I imagine, well known name and such, depends on clashes though 

Lethal Bizzle, Kurupt FM, Jimmy Eat world. I imagine it'll be quite big as those clashes aren't exactly mega. Roughly how long before should I get there you think? Never been to a signing tent or anything.

8 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Lethal Bizzle, Kurupt FM, Jimmy Eat world. I imagine it'll be quite big as those clashes aren't exactly mega. Roughly how long before should I get there you think? Never been to a signing tent or anything.

I'd get there a bit before the one beforehand finishes. Queues for the next signing tend to start then I think.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Billjames7 said:

Kasabian have just cancelled their Belfast gig tonight 10 mins before they were due to be on. Let's hope they're better for friday

IMG_1864.PNG

Unconfirmed talk on Twitter that the lead singer was rushed to hospital but obviously I'm not sure how true that is. What would happen if they couldn't perform?

10 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Unconfirmed talk on Twitter that the lead singer was rushed to hospital but obviously I'm not sure how true that is. What would happen if they couldn't perform?

The Bastille headline set we've all been waiting for.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Not sure... if QOTSA are down for the secret set, could they bump them up to headline? Not sure how that would affect next year though if they were down to headline 2018. 

11 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Not sure... if QOTSA are down for the secret set, could they bump them up to headline? Not sure how that would affect next year though if they were down to headline 2018. 

I guess that would be what would happen tbh as they have no one else. They'd just find someone new for next year (maybe bump Royal Blood up if they were set to sub)

Let's not be too hasty, if it was cancelled 10 mins before that says to me it was a last minute decision and they were still hoping on playing up until then 

39 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Everyone would have a great time watching Puppy headline after they get moved up from the Pit B)

QOTSA would be rad. 

Edited by Andre91

39 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

Let's not be too hasty, if it was cancelled 10 mins before that says to me it was a last minute decision and they were still hoping on playing up until then 

Yeah hoping it's nothing too serious and maybe just a sore throat or something caused them to pull out as they were using  the gig as an R&L warm up so didn't want to make it worse. Seen pics and their stage was all set so was very last minute

Being rushed to hospital makes it sound a lot more serious though. Hopefully just a sore throat (as much as I don't like Kasabian it would be crushing for people who did wanna come and see them if they had to pull out + annoying for the band)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BeddingatReading said:

Not sure... if QOTSA are down for the secret set, could they bump them up to headline?

I mean, whichever Kasabian member it is shouldn't take their health for granted. Probably wise to rest up.

• Upvote 1