2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Where are you seeing the 2nd? I can see the one just outside the arena by yellow camp but not 2?

Well they have acts on the lineup playing at exactly the same timeslots so I assume there must be 2 stages in that small area. (Just going off what the schedule tells me)

Saying that there are still acts to get put on that stage and idek where they will fit at this point

Edited by Mattymooz

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Well they have acts on the lineup playing at exactly the same timeslots so I assume there must be 2 stages in that small area. (Just going off what the schedule tells me)

Saying that there are still acts to get put on that stage and idek where they will fit at this point

I'd say the times are wrong, I doubt they'll be two stages. All the bands that have times of 50 mins or an hour which seems too long for that stage, the only bands on the lineup with that sort of set length are high up the main stages

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

Thoughts on this?

Not too impressed me. Sounds much more radio friendly, though that could be said about Wierd and Wonderful compared to the EPs. Debut was right balance for me though

I went to see them in Sheffield on Friday and the new stuff sounds so raw live. An excellent band who will smash it at R&L. 

4 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Yonaka, The Magic Gang, IDLES, Jimmy Eat World, Two Door Cinema Club, Queens of the Stone Age (hopefully!), Kasabian. 

What's everyone else's day(s) looking like? 

Architects > Culture Abuse > The Prettyboys > Breaking Benjamin > Gnarwolves > Neck Deep 

Deap Vally > Mallory Knox > Puppy > Akala > WSTR > Jimmy Eat World > Boston Manor > Arcane Roots > Dillon Francis > You Me At Six 

Casey > PVRIS > Zeal and Ardor > Marmozets > Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes > KoRn > Glass Animals > While She Sleeps 

Is the other secret set after the first band on the NME Friday afternoon? Because if it is I'll probably head along to that. 

- Freak > The Magic Gang > The Amazons > Puppy > Rat Boy > IDLES > Circa Waves > Jimmy Eat World > TDCC > Arcane Roots> Queens (Hopefully) > Kasabian 
- Honeyblood > Moose Blood > Inheaven > Cabbage > Marmozets > Frank Carter > At the drive in > Sundara karama > Loyle Carner > Everything Everything > The View > Eminem
- Royal Republic > Baby in Vain > Vant > Pond > Architects > Culture Abuse > Don Broco > Breaking Benjamin > Ash > Muse

9 hours ago, pepesilvia said:

Damn, Vince Staples and Don Broco clashing has me gutted. 

Don Broco over Vince any day. Vince would only be good for his "Ascension" song with the Gorillaz.

A friend of mine saw him at Demon Dayz fest and said that he pretty much mimed his whole set.

9 hours ago, pepesilvia said:

Damn, Vince Staples and Don Broco clashing has me gutted. 

Vince Staples will be great. Don Broco are Don Broco and therefore absolute will be trash.

7 minutes ago, jakecase said:

Don Broco over Vince any day. Vince would only be good for his "Ascension" song with the Gorillaz.

A friend of mine saw him at Demon Dayz fest and said that he pretty much mimed his whole set.

I'd rather have Vince Staples miming to some absolute bangers than  see Don Broco tbh

23 minutes ago, jakecase said:

That's wild. Sounds like you need to check out some more Vince Staples songs, and your mate needs to look up what a vocal track is and why rappers need one.

managed to get a sunday ticket for reading spare of the moment haha.

gonna see 

Royal Republic > Fickle Friends > Vant > Against the Current > Architects > Giggs > Don Broco > Breaking Benjamin > Liam Gallagher > Muse (partially) > Neck Deep

anyone recommend any decent bands? 

11 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Are people thinking its QOTSA now then for the secret set? Other than the bit in the Prettyboys description is there any reason for it to be them as they said they aint doing fests next summer? Royal Blood seem way more likely imo

Could still be either but we know QOTSA are around and have hinted at a secret set. If they're shooting off over the weekend it would also make sense for them to play the two sites on the same day, which appears to be the case. My money would be on them on the basis of what we know right now