2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, WFD said:

Room for another set on FR on Leeds Sunday, first announced set not starting til 12.45.  The Dance Stage starts quite late (12.35) on that day too, after starting at 12.00 the other two.

I think they're just pulling shit with the stage start times. It'd be a massive error to host a secret set at the start of the day on one stage but not announce it, cos nobody's gonna show up. :P

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I think they're just pulling shit with the stage start times. It'd be a massive error to host a secret set at the start of the day on one stage but not announce it, cos nobody's gonna show up. :P

Similar situation to the gap on the Friday on NME though, which if it's a secret set would likely start at 12.45?

34 minutes ago, Jimmerz95 said:

Does anyone have a decent updated Clashfinder?

Just finished sorting this one with everything from the app (So no Alternative or Jack Rocks): https:///s/read2017/

Interesting Gaps:

Friday NME between Tory Lanez + YM@6

Friday Introducing between Booke Bantham + Plaza

Saturday Introducing between Dan Stock + Verschieden

Saturday 1Xtra after Flatbush Zombies. They can't be closing that stage that early surely??

Sunday Lock Up between Tired Lion + Breaking Benjamin (Have put Don Broco in there as I cant see where else they'd fit).

This pretty much means no Wolf Alice secret set (doubt they'd do one on the Introducing stage). Interesting how late on the Friday that gap is though...

Edited by Mattymooz

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Just finished sorting this one with everything from the app (So no Alternative or Jack Rocks): https:///s/read2017/

Interesting Gaps:

Friday NME between Tory Lanez + YM@6

Friday Introducing between Booke Bantham + Plaza

Saturday Introducing between Dan Stock + Verschieden

Sunday Lock Up between Tired Lion + Breaking Benjamin (Have put Don Broco in there as I cant see where else they'd fit).

Sunday 1Xtra after Flatbush Zombies. They can't be closing that stage that early surely??

This pretty much means no Wolf Alice secret set (doubt they'd do one on the Introducing stage). Interesting how late on the Friday that gap is though...

Top work, thanks for doing that. Gaps on the Introducing Stage are usually bands already on the bill which are announced on the day. So there will be two secret sets (at Reading, anyway), Friday NME and Sunday Lock Up

Just now, rfc_478 said:

Top work, thanks for doing that. Gaps on the Introducing Stage are usually bands already on the bill which are announced on the day. So there will be two secret sets (at Reading, anyway), Friday NME and Sunday Lock Up

Yeah, I think Blossoms did a set on the Introducing stage last year irrc?

Do you not think that gap after Flatbush Zombies will have someone in? 21:40 seems awfully early to close a stage imo (maybe Stormzy? can't think of who else would play on that stage tbh)

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Do you not think that gap after Flatbush Zombies will have someone in? 21:40 seems awfully early to close a stage imo (maybe Stormzy? can't think of who else would play on that stage tbh)

Could do, but it's not unknown for a stage to finish early. 

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Nah it's so there's no clash with Eminem

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

It's probably just the stage closing early so  people don't have to choose between Flatbush and Eminem as I think Flatbush would've been shafted if that had been the case. Thankful for this cause they're great. 

18 minutes ago, WFD said:

Similar situation to the gap on the Friday on NME though, which if it's a secret set would likely start at 12.45?

But an hour's gap in a stage that's already started is actually gonna alert people to the possibility of an unannounced band playing in the space, whereas bands starting a little later on a smaller stage is not so if there was a secret act they'd walk out to no crowd.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

But an hour's gap in a stage that's already started is actually gonna alert people to the possibility of an unannounced band playing in the space, whereas bands starting a little later on a smaller stage is not so if there was a secret act they'd walk out to no crowd.

Yeah admittedly I'm clutching at straws given the lack of potential open slots at Leeds (there is the same late start on the equivalent day at Reading too so it's not unique to Leeds anyway).

16 minutes ago, AdamJansson88 said:

Given that there's a gap early on the Friday at Leeds and Later on the Friday at Reading could this mean that it's two its different bands doing secret sets?

Could be, but the fact that its two different slots on Friday that are far enough apart opens up the possibility to it being the same band

3 minutes ago, WFD said:

Yeah admittedly I'm clutching at straws given the lack of potential open slots at Leeds (there is the same late start on the equivalent day at Reading too so it's not unique to Leeds anyway).

Don't think there is much difference between Reading and Leeds. Both sites have 'The Prettyboys' and both sites have a big gap on the NME Friday. I guess Leeds doesn't have the gaps on the Introducing Stage, but hasn't that always been the case?

11 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

Don't think there is much difference between Reading and Leeds. Both sites have 'The Prettyboys' and both sites have a big gap on the NME Friday. I guess Leeds doesn't have the gaps on the Introducing Stage, but hasn't that always been the case?

BBC intro slots are only ever at Reading, no need for them to do it at Leeds because it's not televised. 

6 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

I wasn't really comparing them, was just looking at potential slots at Leeds to begin with (which is why at first I thought there was something in the late start on FR at Leeds but then saw it was the same at Reading).

23 minutes ago, WFD said:

Tbf it's not a bad shout, it's just that - unlike the NME one - the festival would have to announce that there'll be a secret set there if they wanted people to show up. And I imagine they would.

20 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

Could be, but the fact that its two different slots on Friday that are far enough apart opens up the possibility to it being the same band

I'd go as far as to say it has to be the same band. Would be odd to put a headline-sized band on at the same time as a subheadliner unless it's absolutely necessary imo.