2017 festival

kaosmark2

12 hours ago, juglando said:

whats the smallest crowd anyone has seen a nme headliner draw? because i cant see you me at six exactly filling the tent...

Supposedly the Tears played to pretty much a line of people on the barrier in 2005, didnt actually see it though (like pretty much everyone else it seems!)

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I'd like The Wombats to be the secret set, and the FR stage on Saturday morning would be a possibility, seeing as its the 10 year anniversary of their first album. However, they are recording their new album in Cali. EDIT: Actually, I was basing this on what was posted on the wombat insta two days ago and Matts insta 2 days ago - tagging the latter post in Cali. They could be recording in England seeing as they played vfest the other day, and are playing in Binlgey the week after

Edited by Stuielooie

17 hours ago, callum97 said:

I've heard it's a TOYC setlist but will be shocked if they don't chuck some new stuff in there, even though their last 2 albums were poor.

I've been seeing/hearing rumours of a TOYC heavy setlist, they played Save it for the bedroom for the first time in years at a secret gig in Leeds at the start of the year so hopefully that's a sign they still wanna play that stuff.
And they've apparently been dropping hints of an anniversary tour for it next year, so hopefully. 
Probably the only thing that's gonna save them is nostalgia after Night People...

The audience for Beady Eye at Reading in 2011 was pitiful. We popped in for one song and the tent was empty apart from a small crowd in front of the stage.  Walked right up to the barrier near past the speakers no problem.

I think the capacity for the tent increased that year?

Edited by Gareth100

1 hour ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Josh confirmed that Qotsa are doing Reading on 6 music.

20 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Yeah Josh Homme on 6Music this afternoon said something along the lines that he's attending a birthday party tomorrow ... in Reading. Pretty much nailed on give the other tidbits we've had recently. 

Does this mean they are likely to headline next year? gutted to be missing them this year chose the wrong day to go ffs.

1 minute ago, callum97 said:

Does this mean they are likely to headline next year? gutted to be missing them this year chose the wrong day to go ffs.

I thought there was very little chance previously, but now I think they're got to be contenders at this stage. Exciting. 

Just now, JSmurphy said:

I thought there was very little chance previously, but now I think they're got to be contenders at this stage. Exciting. 

Yeah same here, Usually a secret set indicates they will play the following year, so i'm holding my hopes. Don Broco will most likely play mid main next year 

27 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Hmm only for patterns' sake tho like; a pattern which was last flouted by a band Josh was in IIRC.

If they're apparently doing "their own open air shows" next year then - unless that's changed - it seems pretty watertight that they won't be at R+L as well. Plus, headlining the last summer of LC and first [proper, European] summer of Villains seems soon. A secret set like this will provide a shot in the arm for sales of those open air shows nonetheless.

Really wish I could peep this show tomorrow but there's no guaranteeing they're in Leeds yet and £70-£80 for half an hour of Queens and forty mins of Vince Staples is reckless. Guess they'll be on iPlayer so that'll be okay.

How early do you think I'd have to turn up to get in the end? I'm doing bar work but planning on leaving early to catch headliners anyways so would be good to catch queens too!

I'm assuming there won't be much crossover with Tory Lanez fans, so should 9pm be alright (when he finishes) ?

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hmm only for patterns' sake tho like; a pattern which was last flouted by a band Josh was in IIRC.

If they're apparently doing "their own open air shows" next year then - unless that's changed - it seems pretty watertight that they won't be at R+L as well. Plus, headlining the last summer of LC and first [proper, European] summer of Villains seems soon. A secret set like this will provide a shot in the arm for sales of those open air shows nonetheless.

Really wish I could peep this show tomorrow but there's no guaranteeing they're in Leeds yet and £70-£80 for half an hour of Queens and forty mins of Vince Staples is reckless. Guess they'll be on iPlayer so that'll be okay.

What if those 'open air' shows were R&L tho? i know it wont be their 'own' but could of just been written like that to make it sound better.

6 minutes ago, callum97 said:

What if those 'open air' shows were R&L tho? i know it wont be their 'own' but could of just been written like that to make it sound better.

"A classic example is Queens of the Stone Age. They’ve been around 15 years now – they’ve played the festivals at 3pm in the afternoon, they’ve worked their way up the bill and they’re now a headliner and they will be headlining their own open air shows next summer."

It seems like he's purposely differentiating it from a festival and effectively showing how far they've come. Seems odd to go from talking about festivals to saying they're at "their own open air shows" which actually just means festivals again.

Besides, going into next year with no Glastonbury and the rest of the major festival scene looking pretty fucked; we're gonna see loads of bands that are touring early summer (around Werchter and Roskilde and stuff) doing their own shows instead.

31 minutes ago, Buddy Holly said:

How early do you think I'd have to turn up to get in the end? I'm doing bar work but planning on leaving early to catch headliners anyways so would be good to catch queens too!

I'm assuming there won't be much crossover with Tory Lanez fans, so should 9pm be alright (when he finishes) ?

Yeah I reckon so. Running that close to Kasabian, I think many won't bother.