2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've just announced they are showing the boxing, at Leeds (dunno about Reading, it came through the app and mine is set to Leeds).

Edit - ha, beaten to it by seconds (pardon the pun).

Edited by WFD

22 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

I've recently been getting into some of the bands that I had previously overlooked and dismissed as typical indie and 'not for me' - The Joy Formidable, Metric, Death Cab For Cutie, Manchester Orchestra and Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Is there anyone there this year that sounds like any of those?

Phantogram for (the synthier side of) Metric. 

The Big Moon for indie guitar (not that they are really like Joy Formidable or Yeah Yeah Yeahs as such, just an indie guitar example).

This is from my limited knowledge, and I'm interested in similar recommendations - would love to see any of those bands on the line up (particularly the first two) but they don't seem to fit these days.

40 minutes ago, WFD said:

They've just announced they are showing the boxing, at Leeds (dunno about Reading, it came through the app and mine is set to Leeds).

Edit - ha, beaten to it by seconds (pardon the pun).

I'm guessing the noise restrictions will effect showing it at Reading. Fair play though for showing it at Leeds. It'll be costing them a packet for the rights.

5 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I'm sure they're more hoping that Bastille being on the same time will reduce the risk of their being an unsafe amount of people trying to get in the tent.

I would think it's cos the same band is playing both sites and that's the only way they can fit it in. The secret set at Leeds is barely up against anything.

8 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

They finally fixed the set times + added the signing stage times to the app, so I updated the clashfinder too :)

https:///s/read2017

Neck Deep and Marmozets for me in the signing tent.........well unless they clash or i can't be assed to queue lol

EDIT: Forget the Marmozets! I need to at the front for KoRn lol

Edited by TornShaun

2 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Depends on the band really , can't see Frank Carter pulling a huuuge crowd but Blossoms I can see being quite large 

also has Pendulum been entirely ruled out of a secret set? 

Yeah, Knife Party and Pendulum sets on both days of SW4 so I very much doubt they will