2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, callum97 said:

Hmmm I'm not sure which album i prefer, I think LNOTGY was more generic pop punk. I'm getting lots of Blink vibes from this album.

I have to disagree, I really like those I wish you were here and 19 Seventy Sumthin'  they are more like tribute songs for his dad. 

Yeah it was a bit more generic but had way more bite and kick to it which I really like in my Pop Punk (I still think Transit have never done anything as good their Stay Home EP for example) while this album just lacks that and feels a bit bland in the process. And I didn't know that about those songs and I looked at the lyrics and while they are sweet I still don't like the instrumentation to them (which was the problem with them anyway). Felt cheesy and corny.

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I don't know what to make of the Sam Carter feature. It's rad because it's Sam Carter and he's one of the best vocalists around, but I don't think it fits all that well. It's sort of like they've gone 'Hey, here's our mate who's scream you will all recognise.' I don't know. 

Yeah this. I mean his performance is great but at the end of the day Pop Punk band doing a heavy song featuring a Metalcore vocalist has been done loads of times before and better. My mates all loved it but then again they all love Architects

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

LNOTGY is a perfect album for me so it was never going to live up to that. Agreed that the second half drops off. I quite like Wish You Were Here but agree with Critical Mistake and 19 Seventy Sumthin'. I'm still really looking forward to them on the Friday at Leeds. 

Likewise, Brand New takes priority today :P sick that you got tickets, man! It'll be special. 

Not hard to understand why :lol:. Also that album really made me like Neck Deep and give them a 2nd chance. Yeah they'll still be good, I'm seeing them in Manchester in Oct and even though I'm not keen on the album I'm still looking forward to it since literally all of my mates are going. For one it's his first ever gig with us so that should be fun :P 

Oh yeah, my mates gave up after 9am straight away but I stuck at it refreshing and got through eventually. Can't wait for it

3 hours ago, callum97 said:

Don't get me wrong i love every song on LNOTGY and I would probably say I prefer it to TPATP but I like how they have gone a little out of their comfort zone for this one. There's a handful of really strong tracks on this album (In bloom, Parachute, Motion Sickness, Where do we go etc) but there are some weaker ones (Heavy Lies, Critical Mistake). 

I get what you mean about Don't Wait, but i think it kinda works and it's something different and it's catchy.

For me even most of those standout tracks don't even reach the stand out tracks on LNOTGY and they even lack the punch the weaker tracks on the album had while the bad tracks on TPATP are pretty bad where as I can't even think of a bad song on LNOTGY (maybe December and that's it)

13 minutes ago, harryy said:

so arrive around then?

If you arrive then you'll be at the back of queue so you'll probs have to wait for a couple of hours.

As it is gonna be nice weather this year I'm planning on getting there early with a chair, speaker and some beers and just chilling with my mates in the queue...

Just now, Mattymooz said:

If you arrive then you'll be at the back of queue so you'll probs have to wait for a couple of hours.

As it is gonna be nice weather this year I'm planning on getting there early with a chair, speaker and some beers and just chilling with my mates in the queue...

was planning on doing same in morning but doubted doing so due to advertised opening time

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

I was planning on arriving at around 3/4pm on the Wednesday. I've never had early entry before but I just assumed that the queues would be okay at all times on Wednesday due to a lot less people. Will queues really last a couple of hours at this time?

2 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

I was planning on arriving at around 3/4pm on the Wednesday. I've never had early entry before but I just assumed that the queues would be okay at all times on Wednesday due to a lot less people. Will queues really last a couple of hours at this time?

Well according to the website entry is at 6. Pretty sure the website has alweays said it was earlier than that. Last year they started letting people in at 1/2 ish so they'll probs be queues all the way up until like 7.

TBH it probably doesnt matter but as I can get there early-ish I may as well. There aint nothing else I gotta do that day anyways so.