2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading goers check out Tijuana Bibles, Babystrange, Sundowners and Broken Witt rebels from that Jacks line up.

My top ten:

Korn

Breaking Benjamin

Billy Talent

PVRIS                )

Vukovi               ) this will involve running between stages.

Marmozets      )

Muse

LaFontaines

Deap Vally

Mallory Knox

1 hour ago, devilman said:

Reading goers check out Tijuana Bibles, Babystrange, Sundowners and Broken Witt rebels from that Jacks line up.

Watched Babystrange support Slaves last December . Thought they were utter w*nk if I'm brutally honest, but BWR 100% will try and see there 

Just now, Obiginnaw said:

Watched Babystrange support Slaves last December . Thought they were utter w*nk if I'm brutally honest,

Yeah I can understand that. 1st time I saw them was at Loopallu and they sucked. Saw them again and they were pretty good so I'm presuming they have gotten better. If that isn't the case please delete them from my previous statement :) Tijuana Bibles have been brilliant every time I've seen them. They have the talent to go far.

8 minutes ago, callum97 said:

In Bloom will be a huge it! the full album came out today, 'don't wait' is a top song too.

Yeah awesome stuff from Brand New!

In Bloom is one that really gets stuck in your head! Parachute is my favourite. That's been stuck in my head even more. 

8 minutes ago, callum97 said:

In Bloom will be a huge it! the full album came out today, 'don't wait' is a top song too.

Yeah awesome stuff from Brand New!

In Bloom is one that really gets stuck in your head! Parachute is my favourite. That's been stuck in my head even more. 

26 minutes ago, callum97 said:

Anyone listened to the new Neck Deep album? it's a banger!

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I wasn't a fan of it and just think it's average at best. No where near as good as LNOTGY for me personally and doesn't have many bangers. Will listen to it more later on but right now I'm focusing it all on Brand New

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

In Bloom was decent I'll say that though I Wish You Were Here, 19 Seventy Sumthin' and Critical Mistake are all pants. 2nd half is way worse than the first half that's for sure

Just now, justanothername said:

I wasn't a fan of it and just think it's average at best. No where near as good as LNOTGY for me personally and doesn't have many bangers. Will listen to it more later on but right now I'm focusing it all on Brand New

In Bloom was decent I'll say that though I Wish You Were Here, 19 Seventy Sumthin' and Critical Mistake are all pants. 2nd half is way worse than the first half that's for sure

Hmmm I'm not sure which album i prefer, I think LNOTGY was more generic pop punk. I'm getting lots of Blink vibes from this album.

I have to disagree, I really like those I wish you were here and 19 Seventy Sumthin'  they are more like tribute songs for his dad. 

19 minutes ago, justanothername said:

LNOTGY is a perfect album for me so it was never going to live up to that. Agreed that the second half drops off. I quite like Wish You Were Here but agree with Critical Mistake and 19 Seventy Sumthin'. I'm still really looking forward to them on the Friday at Leeds. 

Likewise, Brand New takes priority today :P sick that you got tickets, man! It'll be special. 

2 hours ago, callum97 said:

Hmmm I'm not sure which album i prefer, I think LNOTGY was more generic pop punk. I'm getting lots of Blink vibes from this album.

I have to disagree, I really like those I wish you were here and 19 Seventy Sumthin'  they are more like tribute songs for his dad. 

LNOTGY is so brilliant because you can hear all of their influences. Unlike a lot of generic pop punk bands (and there's a lot of them in 2017), you can see the lineage for a band like Neck Deep. You can see how they've listened to New Found Glory's early stuff and NOFX and other pop punk / punk bands but still managed to make it Neck Deep and their own sound. It's my favourite album of the past two years :P 

I don't know what to make of the Sam Carter feature. It's rad because it's Sam Carter and he's one of the best vocalists around, but I don't think it fits all that well. It's sort of like they've gone 'Hey, here's our mate who's scream you will all recognise.' I don't know. 

Edited by Andre91

4 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Royal Blood or QOTSA in a tent to start off the festival would be class, nothing against them but would feel a bit disappointed if it was Wolf Alice like previously suggested.

Wolf Alice can't preform in that slot due to their tour. However, what has been suggested previously is that they may be doing a set on the Saturday. There is spare space of the FR tent that day so if they are doing a set (which seems less likely as we haven't had a teaser like the prettyboys) it will probably be there

36 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah thats the set on the NME that looks like it will be either Royal Blood or QOTSA atm

Whoever it will be, they will be the a likely headliner for next year (qotsa please). 

42 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

LNOTGY is so brilliant because you can hear all of their influences. Unlike a lot of generic pop punk bands (and there's a lot of them in 2017), you can see the lineage for a band like Neck Deep. You can see how they've listened to New Found Glory's early stuff and NOFX and other pop punk / punk bands but still managed to make it Neck Deep and their own sound. It's my favourite album of the past two years :P 

I don't know what to make of the Sam Carter feature. It's rad because it's Sam Carter and he's one of the best vocalists around, but I don't think it fits all that well. It's sort of like they've gone 'Hey, here's our mate who's scream you will all recognise.' I don't know. 

Don't get me wrong i love every song on LNOTGY and I would probably say I prefer it to TPATP but I like how they have gone a little out of their comfort zone for this one. There's a handful of really strong tracks on this album (In bloom, Parachute, Motion Sickness, Where do we go etc) but there are some weaker ones (Heavy Lies, Critical Mistake). 

I get what you mean about Don't Wait, but i think it kinda works and it's something different and it's catchy.