2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Sorry. Jonathan Pie is the most annoying talentless w*nker on earth and the other people on that list aren't far behind. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

Doesn't float my boat either, but the poor bastard was just nicely sharing his opinion 

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Nice. Any idea which day and stage it will be on? Hopefully they're doing Leeds too. QOTSA to headline 2018? 

You could hazard a guess, surely? :P

I'm too excited for the 'open air shows' to think about that being wrong and them headlining Leeds after Catfish or some shit.

22 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

When was the last time a secret set here was a one off and didn't play next year? Because I can't see Queens for 18 at all.

Ill be proper fucked off if they aren't at Leeds. Surely since Leeds is the one which doesn't sell out it should be Leeds who gets the goodies?

Probably Them Crooked Vultures in 2009. From the ones I can remember, Green Day, Foals, Jamie T and YM@6 have all played the year after. 

Dont understand your logic re Reading/Leeds though mate. Surely if Reading sells better they should get the bonus stuff, as more people will be there! 

47 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

When was the last time a secret set here was a one off and didn't play next year? Because I can't see Queens for 18 at all.

Ill be proper fucked off if they aren't at Leeds. Surely since Leeds is the one which doesn't sell out it should be Leeds who gets the goodies?

Reading gets more coverage 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

You could hazard a guess, surely? :P

I'm too excited for the 'open air shows' to think about that being wrong and them headlining Leeds after Catfish or some shit.

Bloody Reading :lol: 

I forgot about that open air comment. Well reminded. 

Edited by Andre91

Anyone reckon' these 'open air shows' for Queens next year could be headlining Reading and Leeds? I know it's supposedly their own shows, but the info might have phrased loosely on purpose, to not give too much away? Clutching at straws really because I'd love it to happen.

1 hour ago, rfc_478 said:

Probably Them Crooked Vultures in 2009. From the ones I can remember, Green Day, Foals, Jamie T and YM@6 have all played the year after. 

Dont understand your logic re Reading/Leeds though mate. Surely if Reading sells better they should get the bonus stuff, as more people will be there! 

Guess Homme doesn't mind then

From a business perspective, surely if Reading sells out regardless, they should give more reasons for people to chose to attend Leeds?

14 hours ago, footix2 said:

Silent Disco back at Leeds, basically in the area where guest camping used to be, which has seemingly moved half way to York if the map is to scale.

Also some craft beers down in the bit where Jack's Rock was last year, and that Pepsi Max thing is this year.

I see that Disco Shed on this map every year. What even is that?

Silent disco is in the same place it has been for years and years now. I just looks weird as they've had to draw everything to scale this year round, instead of it just being a rough thing, as if it's not the gps thing on the app won't work properly.

Edited by KingPin

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH if QOTSA have the secret set I think it's very unlikely Royal Blood wil do one and will also make them very unlikely for headliner next year imo. Though I'd be suprised if that were the case

Yer man the one with hair from Royal Blood was on Zane Lowe's show while I was waiting for the James Murphy interview yesterday and he appeared to allude to them playing Reading this year. Wasn't really listening though.

39 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yer man the one with hair from Royal Blood was on Zane Lowe's show while I was waiting for the James Murphy interview yesterday and he appeared to allude to them playing Reading this year. Wasn't really listening though.

Anyone with Apple Music able to hear what he said? Would love to see them in a tent again off the back of that album.

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

“Well I love surprises and one of the greatest ways to learn to make a secret is to learn to keep one,” frontman Homme told Radio X. “But wouldn’t it be amazing if we just turned up at some festival, wouldn’t that would be crazy?”

Gotta be doing a secret set at reading then surely? so hope they will headline next year!