2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH this year was really hard for fests imo. Community had a great line up for something so cheap, and imo Wireless felt like it was a much more cohesive festival (previously its kinda just had a bit of everything but focusing it on hip-hop was a great move imo). Other than that everything has been pretty meh. Lots of my friends arent going to any this year cause nothing has that great of a lineup. Even Glastos lineup looked lackluster this year imo

Edited by Mattymooz

12 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Much more interesting bookings last year imo. Is there really much to say about Kasabian, Eminem and Muse? 

About how w*nk it is. I think it's mostly to do with Reading moving to attract a more casual audience, so naturally the forum will suffer as a forum to discuss festival lineups years in advance will attract a demo of your hardcore music fans.

9 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH this year was really hard for fests imo. Community had a great line up for something so cheap, and imo Wireless felt like it was a much more cohesive festival (previously its kinda just had a bit of everything but focusing it on hip-hop was a great move imo). Other than that everything has been pretty meh. Lots of my friends arent going to any this year cause nothing has that great of a lineup. Even Glastos lineup looked lackluster this year imo

Entirely self inflicted hardships. Sales have clearly been poor aswell, so maybe they'll learn to not book such fucking dull lineups. Wireless has done well this year, fair play to them. This years glasto for me personally is the best it ever has been, but each to their own

My top ten for Leeds:

1. Glass Animals- missed out on seeing them twice, cannot wauf

2. Everything Everything- one of the most underrated acts 

3. Muse- fan since I can remember, will be my first gig by them

4. Loyle Carner- his performances always go off. Fresh talent 

5. Flume - needs no explanation 

6. Sundara Karma- their new song Explore is absolutely massive 

7. Liam Gallagher- who knows what R kid will do?

8. Blaenevon- their debut is outstanding 

9. Paris youth foundation- back these lads to be big

10. King Nun- Pure fresh tunes

Only going on the Friday so: 1. Circa Waves 2. Two Door Cinema Club 3. Declan Mckenna 4. Mallory Knox 5. Jimmy Eat World 6. The Magic Gang 7. Oh Wonder 8. You Me at Six 9. Jagwar Ma 10. Bastille Over the weekend, if I was going I'd like to catch: Blaenavon, PVRIS, Sundara Karma, Everything Everything, Glass Animals, Fickle Friends, The Shelocks, Breaking Benjamin

7 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Only going on the Friday so: 1. Circa Waves 2. Two Door Cinema Club 3. Declan Mckenna 4. Mallory Knox 5. Jimmy Eat World 6. The Magic Gang 7. Oh Wonder 8. You Me at Six 9. Jagwar Ma 10. Bastille Over the weekend, if I was going I'd like to catch: Blaenavon, PVRIS, Sundara Karma, Everything Everything, Glass Animals, Fickle Friends, The Shelocks, Breaking Benjamin

Might I recommend going along to catch Puppy  on the Pit on the Friday? They're a great young British band who sound excellent live. Give their EP (titled Puppy) a go if you are unsure :) 

1 hour ago, Stuielooie said:

See Idles. Fucking sick

Top 10 for me in no particular order

1. Eminem - saw him once at V but the crowd was that big I was nearer to the North Pole than the stage so left after 2 songs

2. Kasabian - last time I saw them was 2008 so we've got a bit of catching up to do

3. Muse - saw them at Glasto 2016. Epic live.

4. Sundara Karma - caught them last year when they were just emerging into the mainstream. Really looking forward to them.

5. Amazons - great album. I predict a hefty crowd.

6. Liam Gallagher - was underwhelmed when he was sub on the line up but he's new stuff is bang on. Chick in a few Oasis classics and it'll be good show.

7. Marmozets - loved their debut album and they are always ace live.

8. Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes - what's not to like?

9. Major Laser - not quite sure what to expect from this set, but suspect it could be epic.

10. Pins - found these lot on a reccomendation. Really like them.

Edited by footix2

Never realise how mundane my music taste is until I do these lists, if anybody has any recommendations based on the artists I list please feel free.

1. Muse - somehow avoided ever seeing them, despite not being my favourite band I'm still looking forward to it quite a bit.

2. Liam Gallagher - really like the few tracks he's released so far and other festival performances have been spot on.

3. Jimmy Eat World - great slot in the line-up and haven't seen them in a few years.

4. The Amazons - love the album and think the crowd will be well up for it.

5. Kasabian - not seen since Reading 2012 and will always be fun.

6. The Prettyboys - assuming it is Don Broco, only recently got into them and they sound like they're always good fun at Reading.

7. Circa Waves - love the new album.

8. Two Door Cinema Club - thought they were great last year and have a decent slot.

9. Blaenavon - quite like the album, not seen them yet.

10. Sundara Karma - not seen yet, think they'll be good live.

On 8/14/2017 at 3:07 PM, Andre91 said:

Only a week to go (pretty much). Top 10 acts you're most looking forward to? 

1. Architects 
2. Neck Deep 
3. While She Sleeps 
4. Jimmy Eat World 
5. At The Drive-In 
6. WSTR
7. KoRn
8. Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes
9. Gnarwolves 
10. Puppy

I would have Marmozets but I'm going to see them in Sheffield on Friday. Zeal & Ardor and Casey just missed out. 

1. KoRn 
2. Andy C 
3. Jimmy Eats World 
4. Neck Deep 
5. Watsky 
6. Architects
7. Ash
8. The Amity Affliction
9. Goldie 
10. Noisia 'Outer Edges'

On 8/14/2017 at 4:35 PM, dentalplan said:

Does "The sound of heaven and hell combined" have anything to do with a Don Broco song? That seems like a clue but I don't know any Don Broco songs except that misogynistic one. I bet more people out there in the world will read BMTH from that.

I hope it's BMTH or maybe QOTSA as their new album cover is like heaven and hell! But tbh is think it all points to Don Broco :(

qotsa_villains_01.thumb.jpg.75bbfa36b9607bd129a771dcf850b317.jpg

Jumping on the top 10 bandwagon:

1. Grouplove - Got my skeleton suit ready for this. :lol: Didn't realise how many songs I knew by them until recent listens

2. Noisia - Been wanting to see them for ages and seem to put on brilliant performances at places like Rampage etc.

3. Milky Chance - Love their music and sound great on their live videos

4. Major Lazer - Saw them last year at T. One of the favourites of the weekend.

5. Fickle Friends - Really good sound and seem to be highly recommended on this forum

6. Claptone - Seems to be on the up at the moment and has had many good releases.

7. Hot Dub Time Machine - Another act that was great at T in the Park last year and always creates a good atmosphere.

8. Tom Misch - A recent discovery. I really like his sound.

9. Fatboy Slim - Speaks for itself really.

10. Sam Divine - A main player on one of my favourite labels - Defected Records.

Edited by ollieg99

My Top 10 (no real order):

1. Mallory Knox - love their latest album and should be a pretty decent set.

2. The Hunna - recommended to me I while ago and I've really got into them recently.

3. Eminem - Always wanted to see him, with a decent crowd should be insane.

4. Arcane Roots - quite a unique sound but brilliant.

5. Liam Gallagher - based off his recent festival appearances should be better than I first thought.

6. Bastille - wanted to see them live for ages and hopefully should be great.

7. Frank Carter and the rattlesnakes - always good fun.

8. Jimmy Eat World - really good on previous appearances so hoping for more of the same.

9. Circa Waves - 2 really strong albums make me extremely excited for them.

10. Kasabian - not the greatest band in the world but a hell of a lot of fun.

Personally, Friday has the best set of performers but it'll be interesting to hopefully discover some new bands on the other days.

(Also, Jonathan Pie on the Alternative Stage is one I'm looking forward to when I need a bit of a break from music)

Also Jumping on the bandwagon

Only going to Leeds on the Saturday so my top 10

1. Kasabian - Never seen them but been one of my favourite bands for years

2. The Amazons - One of the best up and coming bands in my opinion, Black Magic is such a good tune

3. Two Door Cinema Club - Really rate them live and a lot of good songs

4. Bastille - Much like Two Door, hoping they'll play The Currents and Weight of Living

5. Oh Wonder - Very underrated really liking their new stuff too, especially heavy

6. Circa Waves - Early in the day and seen before, also very good live

7. Declan McKenna - Brazil is a brilliant song but not too sure on his album at the moment

8. The Magic Gang - Very unique sound but if they're clashing with The Amazons I'll probably go there instead

9. Jimmy Eat World - Early evening slot for a pretty big band imo

10. Foals DJ Set - Late night set will be amazing to end the day

1 hour ago, TornShaun said:

I hope it's BMTH or maybe QOTSA as their new album cover is like heaven and hell! But tbh is think it all points to Don Broco :(

qotsa_villains_01.thumb.jpg.75bbfa36b9607bd129a771dcf850b317.jpg

Yeah tbf someone in with a shot of headlining is way too big for the Lock Up so Don Broco - someone on a par with YMAS last year - seems right.

I guess Queens or BMTH could fill the spot on the NME. Dunno where Wolf Alice is in all this, if that's not bunk.

TBH I'm really stuck on the Saturday evening on whether to go and see Noisia or Glass Animals. Leaning more towards Noisia atm as I've heard such great things about their Outer Edges show but I really dunno atm.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah tbf someone in with a shot of headlining is way too big for the Lock Up so Don Broco - someone on a par with YMAS last year - seems right.

I guess Queens or BMTH could fill the spot on the NME. Dunno where Wolf Alice is in all this, if that's not bunk.

I would guess FR stage on the Saturday if at all. Though there was also the NBT rumour so who really knows. A secret set every day would be very neat tho

Edited by Mattymooz

Top Ten I'm looking forward to-

Frank Carter aand the Rattlesnakes - Seen them three times already this year but still looking forward to them.Always a great show whatever size venue but the last two times he played the NME with Gallows and Pure Love he owned the stage.Amazing at Glastonbury, was about 10 rows back which was crazy.

Muse - Everyone hates them, I don't.Bring them on.

At the drive-in - New album is a grower,listening to it now and Relatinship of Command is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Korn - At Reading? Wow! Are you READY?

Arcane Roots - Awesome band, new stuff sounds great

Breaking Benjamin - Didnt watch them properly at Download last year as I was hungover,arrived in the arena when they were on then half watched from the bar.Will be front row centre this time.

Ash - Say no more.Always brilliant.Hope they don't clash with Breaking Benjamin.

Broken Witt Rebels - Not sure when theyre on but I love their EPs.

Billy Talent - Great headliners for the lock-up,usually pull a good crowd.

While She Sleeps - Love the new album,another good Pit/Lock-up headliner. 

Can't wait,getting closer

Pretty sure Josh Homme dropped a hint they'll be playing. Think he said something like "hey, wouldn't it be crazy if we just showed up and played somewhere?". Seems a weird thing to say if there's no secret sets happening. That should easily be the highlight of the weekend for anyone that sees it, if it happens.

There aren't enough At The Drive-ins in yr top 10s.

6 hours ago, Dangerbreaks said:

My Top 10 (no real order):

1. Mallory Knox - love their latest album and should be a pretty decent set.

2. The Hunna - recommended to me I while ago and I've really got into them recently.

3. Eminem - Always wanted to see him, with a decent crowd should be insane.

4. Arcane Roots - quite a unique sound but brilliant.

5. Liam Gallagher - based off his recent festival appearances should be better than I first thought.

6. Bastille - wanted to see them live for ages and hopefully should be great.

7. Frank Carter and the rattlesnakes - always good fun.

8. Jimmy Eat World - really good on previous appearances so hoping for more of the same.

9. Circa Waves - 2 really strong albums make me extremely excited for them.

10. Kasabian - not the greatest band in the world but a hell of a lot of fun.

Personally, Friday has the best set of performers but it'll be interesting to hopefully discover some new bands on the other days.

(Also, Jonathan Pie on the Alternative Stage is one I'm looking forward to when I need a bit of a break from music)

It's a bit controversial, but I'm really tempted by The Hunna on Sunday night. They really impressed me at Y Not (not only because they were one of the few band that actually played!) and I'm not that fussed on Muse. Saw them at Glastonbury last year and it'll be a similar set.