2017 festival

kaosmark2

1 hour ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

The BBC announcement is all over the place. A handful of names announced by the festival are not on the BBC line-up page.

Meanwhile, some acts have been announced for the Jack Rocks stage at Reading. Bang Bang Romeo, Broken Witt Rebels, The Blinders, The Sundowners, The Wholls, Trampolene, White Room.

Pissed off i'll miss Sundowners and Broken Witt rebels at Leeds. :(

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Is the Relentless Stage happening at Leeds this year? It seems really late announcing it this year if it is happening. 

Last year Relentless was announced on 8 August, and BBC Introducing and DTTR on 10 August, so potentially we'll get all three this week, just in a different order.

4 hours ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

The BBC announcement is all over the place. A handful of names announced by the festival are not on the BBC line-up page.

Meanwhile, some acts have been announced for the Jack Rocks stage at Reading. Bang Bang Romeo, Broken Witt Rebels, The Blinders, The Sundowners, The Wholls, Trampolene, White Room.

They were announced in April but as peeps have said, there should be a further, complete announcement from Jack Rocks shortly.

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They were announced in April but as peeps have said, there should be a further, complete announcement from Jack Rocks shortly.

Ah thanks, hadn't spotted that prior to stumbling across a few bands at the bottom of the line-up page. Would guess the Jack Rocks line-up won't contain too many surprises, given many of the same bands have appeared on their various pop up stages at other festivals.

18 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

The Pigeon Detective are playing Leeds festival in 2017. What. 

They are/were on the Dance to the Radio label, so its a logical but still disappointing announcement.

Five other bands (competition winners) also announced elsewhere on the bill, its on the official Twitter.

The Futuresound winners, Heir, being on the Lock Up makes naff all sense - particularly as they were due to play FR as stated by the competition and that woulda been a more suitable stage.

Maybe they're keeping Sat/Sun FR down to 13 acts for a secret set, or just that it woulda been easier than booking a replacement on the Lock Up.

57 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Wondering if maybe there will be multiple secret sets this year then? Especially as if Wolf Alice are doing one then I believe it has to be on the Saturday, which is already the fullest day

Yeah I'm thinking that. There is very likely one on NME on Reading Friday (as it's rare that they don't start out with the same number of acts each day) but Wolf Alice aren't as big as previous secret sets on NME really and, more importantly, if the play that then the subsequent slot at Leeds would mean three sets in ~25 hours. So maybe they do a FR secret set like Jamie T a couple of years ago and someone bigger on NME the day before?

Just now, dentalplan said:

Yeah I'm thinking that. There is very likely one on NME on Reading Friday (as it's rare that they don't start out with the same number of acts each day) but Wolf Alice aren't as big as previous secret sets on NME really and, more importantly, if the play that then the subsequent slot at Leeds would mean three sets in ~25 hours. So maybe they do a FR secret set like Jamie T a couple of years ago and someone bigger on NME the day before?

Currently they are missing a NME fri, FR Sat and Lock Up on Sun. Maybe Royal Blood on the Fri, Wolf Alice on the sat and NBT on the sun if that rumour from before about NBT playing was true.

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Currently they are missing a NME fri, FR Sat and Lock Up on Sun. Maybe Royal Blood on the Fri, Wolf Alice on the sat and NBT on the sun if that rumour from before about NBT playing was true.

Lock Up and Pit regularly have a disjointed amount of acts and stuff - so does FR really but it'd be somewhere for Wolf Alice to play. I expect the Lock Up just has an act less because two acts left the line up for it.

Only a week to go (pretty much). Top 10 acts you're most looking forward to? 

1. Architects 
2. Neck Deep 
3. While She Sleeps 
4. Jimmy Eat World 
5. At The Drive-In 
6. WSTR
7. KoRn
8. Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes
9. Gnarwolves 
10. Puppy

I would have Marmozets but I'm going to see them in Sheffield on Friday. Zeal & Ardor and Casey just missed out. 

IDLES, Kasabian, Jimmy Eat World, Jagwar Ma, The Big Moon, Two Door Cinema Club, The Magic Gang, Yonaka, Cosima, Off Bloom. Only heading to Reading on the Friday. If I had a weekend ticket I'd definitely be looking forward to:

1. IDLES
2. Marmozets
3. Kasabian
4. Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes
5. KoRn
6. Jimmy Eat World
7. At The Drive-In
8. Jagwar Ma
9. Pond
10. Muncie Girls