2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/07/2017 at 0:53 AM, JSmurphy said:

I'm pretty sure Jack Rocks was at Reading last year. IIRC it was just before you entered the arena, coming from the campsites. I saw big ques and heard it was '1 in, 1 out' so I didn't bother.

That was the Jagerhaus stage. Caught Get Inuit there who were great but it was a very odd little venue. That much effort on visuals is very out of place at Reading!

Just now, footix2 said:

You'll get the BBC Introducing and Dance to The Radio (Thursday at Leeds) announcements probably in August.

There's normally a decent band or 2 on the DTTR stage every year. 

Well I'm going to Readting so DTTR doesnt really help me :P Forgot about the introducing stage though...

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Are we expecting any more announcements now (other than the small stages outside the arena e.g. Jagerhaus, Jack Rocks etc.)? Was kinda expecting to have gotten an extra act or two on the sunday mainstage by now.....

The piece over there >>>>>>>>>

quotes more additions:

Main Stage Royal Republic, (Reading Sunday; Leeds Friday)

The Pit Dream State (Reading Saturday; Leeds Sunday)

BBC 1xtra Stage there's Yung Fume (Reading Friday; Leeds Saturday), and Lotto Boyzz (Reading Sunday; Leeds Friday). 

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Are we expecting any more announcements now (other than the small stages outside the arena e.g. Jagerhaus, Jack Rocks etc.)? Was kinda expecting to have gotten an extra act or two on the sunday mainstage by now.....

54 minutes ago, footix2 said:

You'll get the BBC Introducing and Dance to The Radio (Thursday at Leeds) announcements probably in August.

There's normally a decent band or 2 on the DTTR stage every year. 

Leeds also has the Relentless stage to be announced which is like another 16/17 acts, and that was announced on the 9th of August last year, so expect an announcement again in the next 15-20 days or so.

Edited by KingPin

The addition of Royal Republic seems to complete the main stage line-ups, and knocks on the head any notion of a biggish act playing an opening set.

NME Stage is still an act short on Reading Friday/ Leeds Saturday.

Lock up is two acts short?

FR is one short at Leeds on the Saturday, and one short Reading Saturday / Leeds Sunday.

So this could be purely coincidence but I follow Reading and Leeds on Spotify and it says they were recently listening to Tyler, The Creator. I'm not 100% sure but I've only seen them listen to bands which are on the Reading and Leeds line up. Could this mean a potential secret set?

19 minutes ago, Peskybee said:

So this could be purely coincidence but I follow Reading and Leeds on Spotify and it says they were recently listening to Tyler, The Creator. I'm not 100% sure but I've only seen them listen to bands which are on the Reading and Leeds line up. Could this mean a potential secret set?

I think you're clutching at straws there. I mean that'd be one way to leak a set but chances are the person using the account just wanted to listen to the new album. Anyway he's still banned from the UK for at least another year so there is that as well

7 hours ago, Peskybee said:

Scum Fuck Flower Boy is too fire to go unnoticed by anyone tbh

23 hours ago, Peskybee said:

That is purely coincidence.

On 2017-7-20 at 1:05 AM, Ellebes said:

This is my 1st time going to a festival, I'm from Manchester and was wondering if anyone could advise me on how they Would get home? Only going on the Friday & also how long approx does it take to get out of the festival?

Probably want to allocate 45 mins from the point you decide to leave the site to get to the train station.

4 hours ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

Leeds gets HMLTD? What the fuck? They're from fucking London, why on earth aren't they on Reading's lineup?

They don't seem to put live acts on Reading's Alternative Stage after hours but at Leeds they do. Might be something to do with noise, idk. They should definitely have been given a proper dual-site slot during the day's proceedings though.

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They don't seem to put live acts on Reading's Alternative Stage after hours but at Leeds they do. Might be something to do with noise, idk. They should definitely have been given a proper dual-site slot during the day's proceedings though.

Assuming its to do with the fact Reading has a curfew (11pm i think?) but at Leeds they don't