2017 festival

kaosmark2

37 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

So did Imagine Dragons. Bastille too I think. They still have work to do before they headline.

Hmmm i guess, but i think BMTH are still bigger than Royal Blood and have a huge fanbase, i think with one more album they could do it.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, callum97 said:

Hmmm i guess, but i think BMTH are still bigger than Royal Blood and have a huge fanbase, i think with one more album they could do it.

I'd give you that Bring Me the Horizon are bigger than the other names I mentioned up the page but defs not Royal Blood at this point. BMTH certainly have a more devoted and vocal fanbase given they climbed to popularity over a decade or so and fans feel a connection to them whereas Royal Blood just landed at the summit while probably not being the favourite band of anyone, but still Royal Blood seem to be going over the best with casual crowds and it's working for them atm.

Just now, dentalplan said:

I'd give you that Bring Me the Horizon are bigger than the other names I mentioned up the page but defs not Royal Blood at this point. BMTH certainly have a more devoted and vocal fanbase given they climbed to popularity over a decade or so and fans feel a connection to them whereas Royal Blood just landed at the summit while probably not being the favourite band of anyone, but still Royal Blood seem to be going over the best with casual crowds and it's working for them atm.

I dunno if that is a benefit though. I don't know if they would sell many day tickets because although there a lot of people who like them, I don't know anyone who is a diehard fan that would buy a ticket for a fest just to see them (unlike BMTH, or say Eminem fans)

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

I dunno if that is a benefit though. I don't know if they would sell many day tickets because although there a lot of people who like them, I don't know anyone who is a diehard fan that would buy a ticket for a fest just to see them (unlike BMTH, or say Eminem fans)

The festival makes bank on weekend tickets tho. Royal Blood appealing to a casual audience and complementing practically any rock band values a lot of people in, unlike BMTH who I guess the majority of folk will either have 100% or 0% interest in seeing. I'd say that Eminem does both which is why it's such a huge booking but it's probably the lack of interest in the other two that has weekend tickets lagging this year.

5 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I'm trying for tickets for Muse's show at Shepherds Bush - does anyone know if a day ticket is enough for the R&L presale, or is a weekend ticket required? 

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CGLMFW9 - Yearly survey for the following years headline bookings. Radiohead, Foos and Pearl Jam next year please lol. 

Disclosure Co-Headlined last year yet are still down as a non headliner.... How does that work?

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The festival makes bank on weekend tickets tho. Royal Blood appealing to a casual audience and complementing practically any rock band values a lot of people in, unlike BMTH who I guess the majority of folk will either have 100% or 0% interest in seeing. I'd say that Eminem does both which is why it's such a huge booking but it's probably the lack of interest in the other two that has weekend tickets lagging this year.

How do we know that weekend tickets are lagging this year? And I would have thought it more the undercard that is putting people off rather than the headliners TBH.

2 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Disclosure Co-Headlined last year yet are still down as a non headliner.... How does that work?

I don't reckon they would again so it's asking if people still care I guess. Probably a mistake of a bump up in hindsight.

1 hour ago, KingPin said:

How do we know that weekend tickets are lagging this year? And I would have thought it more the undercard that is putting people off rather than the headliners TBH.

Lagging behind expectations, I should say.

It was expected by many to sell quicker this year because they had three established headliners on 2nd/3rd appearances but now if weekend tix sell out this month then it's pretty much average for the past few years. I guess there's no real way of knowing what people are or aren't paying for but headliners are obviously the biggest selling point and most couldn't care about a lineup if the headliners are aight so its easiest to chalk it up to that. Seems a lot like Eminem was a coup but many aren't interested in the other days so bunned a weekend.

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I don't reckon they would again so it's asking if people still care I guess. Probably a mistake of a bump up in hindsight.

Lagging behind expectations, I should say.

It was expected by many to sell quicker this year because they had three established headliners on 2nd/3rd appearances but now if weekend tix sell out this month then it's pretty much average for the past few years. I guess there's no real way of knowing what people are or aren't paying for but headliners are obviously the biggest selling point and most couldn't care about a lineup if the headliners are aight so its easiest to chalk it up to that. Seems a lot like Eminem was a coup but many aren't interested in the other days so bunned a weekend.

Ah ok, yeah that makes sense. TBH I'd not be surprised regarding the other 2 headliners as it's not like they've ever really been away, so if you wanted to see them you could, and in regards to Muse it's not like they've had a hit album in forever. I think Eminem will always be a coup simply because he's stadium sized and doesn't appear here that ofter, infact I'd say he's a bigger coup than Foo's are, as Foo's are over here all the time.

8 hours ago, SemiSweet said:
HAIM's new album dropped at midnight. Solid effort. Sometimes a little too sickly but overall I'm happy with what I got... providing I don't have to wait another 5 years for another album that is.

Saw them at Glastonbury while not being much of a fan and they really nailed it. Their songs aren't that brilliant but they got tens of thousands of peeps dancing all the way to the back, fair fucks to em.

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Saw them at Glastonbury while not being much of a fan and they really nailed it. Their songs aren't that brilliant but they got tens of thousands of peeps dancing all the way to the back, fair fucks to em.

Bodes well then! I was unsure whether to see them or Neck Deep at Leeds and new music from both made it harder to choose but in the end I've decided to see HAIM and get a ticket to see Neck Deep later as they have Real Friends supporting their tour so that swayed it.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Muna have been quietly replaced by Saint PHNX on the Festival Republic stage. Big Jesus also gone from the Lock Up, not replaced by anyone [yet]. I don't know why the official social media cant publicise these things - probably can't find the right emoji.

They've done the calculations and have come to the conclusion that cancellations are not lit 

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Muna have been quietly replaced by Saint PHNX on the Festival Republic stage. Big Jesus also gone from the Lock Up, not replaced by anyone [yet]. I don't know why the official social media cant publicise these things - probably can't find the right emoji.

Didn't know BigJesus has gone 

That's a real shame as they didn't sound too bad 

will be poor if they don't replace them as big Jesus themselves were bumped up after PWR BTTM were removed from the bill

That means Tired Lion have been bumped up twice, proof that the organisers aren't really trying with the lock up

On a separate note, I hadn't noticed Broken Witt Rebels on the bill before, when were they announced?

9 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Didn't know BigJesus has gone 

That's a real shame as they didn't sound too bad 

will be poor if they don't replace them as big Jesus themselves were bumped up after PWR BTTM were removed from the bill

That means Tired Lion have been bumped up twice, proof that the organisers aren't really trying with the lock up

On a separate note, I hadn't noticed Broken Witt Rebels on the bill before, when were they announced?

To be fair they do that with other stages. Last year when Haim dropped out, Fatherson were added to the bottom of the list.

I think Broken Witt Rebels were one of the bands announced to be on all the festivals where there's a Jack Rocks stage so they maybe weren't specifically announced but they'll be at Reading.

I was asking a guy manning the photo booth in the Jack's Rock Stage at TRNSMT if it was heading to Leeds and he didn't know.

The tent was was away bigger than the one Leeds had too, probably similar to the dance tent.

Edited by footix2

Watched Liam at Exit, was so much more interesting than watching Noel 2 years ago (and I'm barely a fan of Oasis, only listen to several tracks, don't remember when I played some album in full I don't really care about their fights) but one thing I noticed is that one guitarist is really fucking bad. Drums, bass and the other guitarist are good but the other one was fucking up constantly like some beginner

Edited by Nicklord

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

To be fair they do that with other stages. Last year when Haim dropped out, Fatherson were added to the bottom of the list.

I think Broken Witt Rebels were one of the bands announced to be on all the festivals where there's a Jack Rocks stage so they maybe weren't specifically announced but they'll be at Reading.

Yeah, I know they have a history of not replacing a band and bumping everyone up a place but it's the first time I can remember them bumping a band up two places like they have with Tired Lion

Just now, rivalschools.price said:

What's this Jack Rocks tent you speak of?

is it a new stage? Or have they renamed one of the stages.

A new one (to reading at least, think its been at leeds), Jack Daniels just doing a stage at most major fests this year