2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought The Amazons were distinctly underwhelming at Glastonbury - tech and sound issues throughout and a frontman who I can't help but find irritating. I'll probably give them another go at Reading but would definitely pass now if they were to clash with The Magic Gang. 

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes were, of course, absolutely stunning in John Peel. If you're at Reading on Saturday you've got to see these guys, even if you're not a fan! He had a massive crowd in the palm of his hand, not to be underestimated since plenty were there just to guarantee a spot in the tent for The Killers. NME Saturday is looking pretty good at this point w/ Blaenavon, Marmozets, Frank, Glass Animals and Flume. 

Blossoms were fine. Still not sure why they're 3rd but hey-ho. Opted for Katy Perry of Liam Gallagher but had reports from friends that saw him that it was very enjoyable, even with some dodgy sound on the Other Stage. 

22 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I thought The Amazons were distinctly underwhelming at Glastonbury - tech and sound issues throughout and a frontman who I can't help but find irritating. I'll probably give them another go at Reading but would definitely pass now if they were to clash with The Magic Gang. 

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes were, of course, absolutely stunning in John Peel. If you're at Reading on Saturday you've got to see these guys, even if you're not a fan! He had a massive crowd in the palm of his hand, not to be underestimated since plenty were there just to guarantee a spot in the tent for The Killers. NME Saturday is looking pretty good at this point w/ Blaenavon, Marmozets, Frank, Glass Animals and Flume. 

Blossoms were fine. Still not sure why they're 3rd but hey-ho. Opted for Katy Perry of Liam Gallagher but had reports from friends that saw him that it was very enjoyable, even with some dodgy sound on the Other Stage. 

I watched The Amazons on Iplayer (obviously nothing like being there) and I have to agree. They were decent but didn't blow me away. Songs like in my mind lacked the oomph they have on record. Not sure the vocalist is the most polished singer either. Still a band with potential though. 

On 25/06/2017 at 0:11 PM, Benj said:

The average age at Glastonbury is over 40 now isn't it?

You'd imagine low mid 20s at Reading, so for the vast majority at Reading most wouldn't have been more than a few years old when Oasis where at their peak. So it may make for a different experience 

I thought most of the Oasis fans these days were teenagers desperate for a reunion? 

On 2017-6-26 at 5:19 PM, JSmurphy said:

Liam started shite, voice is mashed and I caught don't look back in anger on coverage, just isn't there the voice now.

9 hours ago, BC7 said:

Searching the vaccines tour on google, it looks like they are listed for Saturday - however no mention on Reading's website... Surely not for a secret set and just an error?

As it's only on google and not on their website i'd say it was just an error.

4 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Could see Catfish subbing next year, possibly under Foo Fighters if they're there.

Was just about to say I could see them being a co-headline with someone like royal blood as they'll have a new album and an ever increasing fanbase. I'll put money on them making an appearance in some capacity next year.

Just now, MIchael_scarn said:

Was just about to say I could see them being a co-headline with someone like royal blood as they'll have a new album and an ever increasing fanbase. I'll put money on them making an appearance in some capacity next year.

I'm not sure they're that big yet. I could see them headlining Latitude or something off the next album and the coheadlining on the one after that

Edited by Mattymooz

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I don't think they're big enough to headline/co-headline yet but I'd be surprised if they were not around in a big slot. When next year comes around it'll be 3 years since they've played. Sub/3rd on main stage or headline NME I reckon 

Edited by rfc_478

59 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

I don't think they're big enough to headline/co-headline yet but I'd be surprised if they were not around in a big slot. When next year comes around it'll be 3 years since they've played. Sub/3rd on main stage or headline NME I reckon 

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

I'm not sure they're that big yet. I could see them headlining Latitude or something off the next album and the coheadlining on the one after that

sold out echo arena in less than a minute and have a very dedicated fan base, particularly up north. Could well be the case on next album cycle they increase even more and are even trying to conquer america now supporting green day and doing their own shows. Really don't think they should be underestimated as a contender to be a sub by the time 2018/19 rolls around. 

20 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

sold out echo arena in less than a minute and have a very dedicated fan base, particularly up north. Could well be the case on next album cycle they increase even more and are even trying to conquer america now supporting green day and doing their own shows. Really don't think they should be underestimated as a contender to be a sub by the time 2018/19 rolls around. 

Oh no 100% they are going to be sub level next time they play at R+L, just your coheadlining/headlining prediction seems a bit too early imo. Especially as imo they are kind of stagnating (especially as their sophmore imo sounded more like the B Sides of their debut).

19 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Secret set prediction is still Royal Blood for me, don't know who else it could be 

Royal Blood, Paramore (if they are around), Alt J, Wombats?, Stormzy, Skepta, Kendrick Lamar, The 1975, BMTH, London Grammar, Wolf Alice, A Blaze Of Feather, Clean Bandit, Rise Against, Twin Atlantic, The XX, Imagine Dragons, The Kooks? (kinda on a resurgence rn), Chase & Status etc.

Edited by Mattymooz

Can't wait for Catfish to release the same album for the 3rd time in a row!!!

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

A Blaze Of Feather,The Kooks? (kinda on a resurgence rn), 

Who the hell are A Blaze of Feather? Also I never understood why The Kooks are on a resurgenc. They weren't the great back in the day and even worse now . Who are all these people that are coming back to them

1 hour ago, oscs said:

What about Imagine Dragons?

Hopefully they're going in the bin