2017 festival

kaosmark2

6 hours ago, SemiSweet said:

So what's everyone's single favourite booking this year that's not to be missed under any circumstances. For me it has to be Grouplove. Their sound is absolutely perfect for a summer festival and they absolutely nail it live, they don't miss a beat. So much energy.

Mine's Grouplove as well - I've only seen them once at Coachella in 2012 and loved them. No got around to seeing them since so Reading is a must-not-miss! 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, SemiSweet said:

So what's everyone's single favourite booking this year that's not to be missed under any circumstances. For me it has to be Grouplove. Their sound is absolutely perfect for a summer festival and they absolutely nail it live, they don't miss a beat. So much energy.

For me it's also Grouplove. After watching their Lolla 2014 video, they seem to have a lot of onstage energy and sound very good live. I also love their discography. My other favourite bookings are Milky Chance - I've really gotten into them recently and love their overall sound - and Noisia - been wanting to see them for ages and they always seem to put on an amazing performance.

Edited by ollieg99

9 hours ago, SemiSweet said:

Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes for me, always a great live show and the NME tent is perfect for them 

So Muse attempted the 'Play by Request' type thing they previously mentioned last night at a gig in Texas. The gig was broadcast on Facebook live where viewers could vote for 3 songs. The first was a choice between Bliss and Plug in Baby (Bliss won), the second was between The Handler and Stockholm Syndrome (SS won... obviously), the Third was Undisclosed Desires and Dead Inside (UD won). Just seems pointless as all 6 songs are not exactly rare so the setlist looked exactly like normal Muse gig... *sigh*

27 minutes ago, MontheBiff1997 said:

So Muse attempted the 'Play by Request' type thing they previously mentioned last night at a gig in Texas. The gig was broadcast on Facebook live where viewers could vote for 3 songs. The first was a choice between Bliss and Plug in Baby (Bliss won), the second was between The Handler and Stockholm Syndrome (SS won... obviously), the Third was Undisclosed Desires and Dead Inside (UD won). Just seems pointless as all 6 songs are not exactly rare so the setlist looked exactly like normal Muse gig... *sigh*

Haha wtf is the point in that? Undisclosed Desires vs Dead Inside!

Anyone hear the new Wolf Alice track on the radio yesterday? Well it's not really new but got an official release now and it sounds even better now. The album's out end of September and there's been a European and US tour announced.

Thing is the US leg ends 26th July and then they're in France at the end of October so there's a nice big gap there considering they're supporting an album. Don't know how their other festival dates line up but could be a good shout for the secret set?

1 hour ago, thelemon said:

Anyone hear the new Wolf Alice track on the radio yesterday? Well it's not really new but got an official release now and it sounds even better now. The album's out end of September and there's been a European and US tour announced.

Thing is the US leg ends 26th July and then they're in France at the end of October so there's a nice big gap there considering they're supporting an album. Don't know how their other festival dates line up but could be a good shout for the secret set?

That's a good shout. It seems they are free for R&L! 

My bets still on a Royal Blood though.

5 hours ago, thelemon said:

Always thought they would be a decent shout for a secret set if they had new stuff coming out. Would be in keeping with the last few years (Jamie T, Foals, YM@6) i.e. a reasonable size band that will likely play a high slot the following year. 

Love WA, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this! 

On 11/06/2017 at 4:55 AM, SemiSweet said:

ROCK WIT IT LEAN WIT IT

STYROFOAM WIT LEAN IN IT

PARTY NOT POPPIN LESS MY WHOLE FUCKIN TEAM IN IT

Architects 100% my favourite booking, and favourite band. Just a shame a majority of the crowd there won't appreciate how beautiful their music really is. 

Will be a special moment seen as it'll be just over a year since Tom Searle's passing. 

7 hours ago, Dukey said:

Architects 100% my favourite booking, and favourite band. Just a shame a majority of the crowd there won't appreciate how beautiful their music really is. 

Will be a special moment seen as it'll be just over a year since Tom Searle's passing. 

Yes :D

2 hours ago, 19liam75 said:

Royal Blood did a instagram live stream at midnight for the launch of their new album. They mentioned twice that they are not doing a secret set at reading. 

Hmmm, thats verging on "they doth protest too much" kinda levels of denying it.....