2017 festival

kaosmark2

Yeah, I'd imagine Liam will probably play for an hour and fifteen, rather than the usual hour that subs get. Was it 30 Seconds To Mars in 2011 that had that? I think The Libertines did in 2010 too.

I wonder if Muse will get two and a half hours as well.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

How shit that Sunday main stage looks still gets me every time. I know Liam G seems like a bigger deal now than he did before his comeback, but the rest is pathetic (Architects aside, although I fear their placement is result in a poor crowd).

you should listen to PINS

3 hours ago, VCK said:

Yeah, I'd imagine Liam will probably play for an hour and fifteen, rather than the usual hour that subs get. Was it 30 Seconds To Mars in 2011 that had that? I think The Libertines did in 2010 too.

that's how they get round exclusive, the only fest with that long a set he's doing.

19 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Muse to get a long set? The last time there were just 8 bands on Main was 2013 when System had 75 minutes and Green Day had two and a half hours. 

That was only because The Pretty Reckless pulled out. If they managed to fit 9 acts (originally) on the main stage with Green Day playing for 2.5 hours and System playing for 75 mins it'll be a bit naff if they don't bother adding another act to that day.

16 hours ago, VCK said:

Muse only got 1.5 hours at Glastonbury. No way are they playing for 2.5 hours at R&L. Think they overran a bit at Glasto so maybe ended up playing around 1h45 (played a similar length on their own tour, too), so they could get a 1h45-2hr slot, but nothing to justify one less act on the main stage.

17 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Also the secret set will probably be on the Sunday main stage then too

One less act on Friday NME than the Other days so it'll probably be there.

5 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

That was only because The Pretty Reckless pulled out. If they managed to fit 9 acts (originally) on the main stage with Green Day playing for 2.5 hours and System playing for 75 mins it'll be a bit naff if they don't bother adding another act to that day.

Muse only got 1.5 hours at Glastonbury. No way are they playing for 2.5 hours at R&L. Think they overran a bit at Glasto so maybe ended up playing around 1h45 (played a similar length on their own tour, too), so they could get a 1h45-2hr slot, but nothing to justify one less act on the main stage.

One less act on Friday NME than the Other days so it'll probably be there.

I think headliners tend to get shorter sets at Glastonbury than they do Reading and Leeds. Foo Fighters are on for two hours, and Radiohead for 1 hour and 45, when they both played longer sets the last time they did at R&L.

Either way Muse will be certainly getting a two hour slot, at least.

9 minutes ago, VCK said:

I think headliners tend to get shorter sets at Glastonbury than they do Reading and Leeds. Foo Fighters are on for two hours, and Radiohead for 1 hour and 45, when they both played longer sets the last time they did at R&L.

Either way Muse will be certainly getting a two hour slot, at least.

Radiohead are on for 2 hours 15 minutes. Foo Fighters were down for 2.5 hours in 2015 so Glasto clearly aren't adverse to giving them a set of that length, but I've no idea why they haven't got that this year. Maybe Foos are planning on shorter sets this Summer.

Muse will get 1.5-2 hours at R&L. No way are they playing for more than 2 hours; they never do.

55 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Radiohead are on for 2 hours 15 minutes. Foo Fighters were down for 2.5 hours in 2015 so Glasto clearly aren't adverse to giving them a set of that length, but I've no idea why they haven't got that this year. Maybe Foos are planning on shorter sets this Summer.

Muse will get 1.5-2 hours at R&L. No way are they playing for more than 2 hours; they never do.

Foos are doing 2.5 at werchter 

1 hour ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

They were given 2.5 at Reading one year but ended up finishing after 2.

Nah they were given 2.5 hours at Leeds and 3 hours at Reading. They played for 2.5 hours at both. They normally have 2.5 hour sets so it's a bit odd that they haven't got one at Glasto, especially having been given one in 2015 (before pulling out).

So what's everyone's single favourite booking this year that's not to be missed under any circumstances. For me it has to be Grouplove. Their sound is absolutely perfect for a summer festival and they absolutely nail it live, they don't miss a beat. So much energy.

4 hours ago, SemiSweet said:

So what's everyone's single favourite booking this year that's not to be missed under any circumstances. For me it has to be Grouplove. Their sound is absolutely perfect for a summer festival and they absolutely nail it live, they don't miss a beat. So much energy.

Mine is Korn! There are various acts i will be watching on all 3 days, but for me personally, if they hadn't been announced then i probably would have skipped Reading this year!

5 hours ago, SemiSweet said:

Has to be Glass Animals- Missed them a few times when on tour, so I cannot wait to hear songs like Poplar St., Hazey, Gooey and Life Itself Live- its a close one between them, Sundara Karma, Declan McKenna and King Nun