2017 festival

kaosmark2

6 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Not the same thing at all. That song is huge and everyone already knows it so it wasn't played to promote it, it was played to entertain people.

He could have done something like Wonderwall that the crowd would have wanted, but instead he chose to get something out of the performance for himself and get his new song heard by the whole country. I dunno, just left a bit of a sour taste for me.

He did two Oasis songs tho. If he just rocked up and played one song, and that song was Wall of Glass, he'd absolutely deserve flak. But he did three songs and one of those was the only solo song to his name - I think anyone would do the same. Besides, it's in the top 20 in the midweeks so it's proving a pretty popular song.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

OK SJLT is not a good song in any way. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall would have been perfect as a replacement for it at the charity gig.

However, I agree it's not quite the same thing as LG, and Wonderwall would have been great. In the same time though, I can 100% see why Liam wanted to turn up and do his own stuff, rather than turning up just to be effectively an Oasis tribute. It was a tricky situation as he could either look like a shill or look like he's not done anything since Oasis.

End of the day he performed 3 songs and only one was his own so that's fair enough.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but that was my reaction to it anyway. Atmosphere there looked great for Rock N Roll Star and then was killed absolutely dead. Just didn't seem in the spirit of things. It was easily the best performance of the three songs, mind. Chris Martin's vocals ruined Live Forever.

15 hours ago, Odessa said:

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but that was my reaction to it anyway. Atmosphere there looked great for Rock N Roll Star and then was killed absolutely dead. Just didn't seem in the spirit of things. It was easily the best performance of the three songs, mind. Chris Martin's vocals ruined Live Forever.

Chris didn't kill it anywhere near as much as Liam kiled RNR Star

8 hours ago, thelemon said:

While I doubt anyone there wanted to hear Wall Of Glass, you can't really blame him for playing his own song. Why shouldn't he play his own material? Everyone else did.

Yup, considering the trip he made back let him have his moment at least.

Just now, BillyH88 said:

Reading newbie here - how far away is the Festival Republic stage from the Main Stage? Would seeing Liam (Main), then Ash (Festival Republic), then Muse (Main) work on the Sunday?

The FR stage is right next to the main stage, so you'll probably be fine. The timing would be the only sticking point (if MUSE have an extra long set it may clash with Ash quite a lot)