2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/30/2017 at 11:28 PM, rfc_478 said:

Alt J are another reasonable shout, but maybe too big for a secret set now?

Though WA were doing the odd (overseas?) festival and were recording new music which would be out later this/early next year. That would make them a decent candidate in my view.

My other shout would be Twin Atlantic. Based only on that I'm surprised they haven't been announced 

Imagine if it was Twin Atlantic :lol: I have nothing against them but they aren't exactly much of a draw

34 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Kasabian: UK festival exclusive (TRNSMT)
Muse: European exclusive (Belfast Vital)
Major Lazer: UK festival exclusive (Glastonbury)
Liam Gallagher: UK festival exclusive (Glastonbury)

Still got Architects. What else matters? B)

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah I know! I'm giving him credit for turning up a bit as an excuse for murdering Rock N Roll Star but in all fairness Germany isn't that far away and a 13 song set wouldn't have buggered his vocals too much.

Well he might have been pretty tired tbh... Still an incredible shift from him. And those who criticise him for playing his new single- Coldplay did 'Something Just Like This' (newest single) so. Plus it is a banger

31 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Well he might have been pretty tired tbh... Still an incredible shift from him. And those who criticise him for playing his new single- Coldplay did 'Something Just Like This' (newest single) so. Plus it is a banger

His new single is okay but you can compare to how long Something Just Like This has been out. That's actually their best song in ages.

1 hour ago, manchestermusicreview said:

And those who criticise him for playing his new single- Coldplay did 'Something Just Like This' (newest single) so.

Not the same thing at all. That song is huge and everyone already knows it so it wasn't played to promote it, it was played to entertain people.

He could have done something like Wonderwall that the crowd would have wanted, but instead he chose to get something out of the performance for himself and get his new song heard by the whole country. I dunno, just left a bit of a sour taste for me.

Just now, thewayiam said:

His new single is okay but you can compare to how long Something Just Like This has been out. That's actually their best song in ages.

OK SJLT is not a good song in any way. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall would have been perfect as a replacement for it at the charity gig.

However, I agree it's not quite the same thing as LG, and Wonderwall would have been great. In the same time though, I can 100% see why Liam wanted to turn up and do his own stuff, rather than turning up just to be effectively an Oasis tribute. It was a tricky situation as he could either look like a shill or look like he's not done anything since Oasis.