2017 festival

kaosmark2

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Also a couple of interesting tweets from Matt last night

Not sure if he's being sarcastic but this would be dope. Also:

This kinda makes me hopeful that maybe they'll play more of their older stuff if they're gonna try and put out an album of it.

At the same time, this is MUSE so who knows lol

Ooo that sounds quite promising. Would love to have 25% (or more) of the set by request. Could get some real rarities ticked off the list that I've never seen them play before:

Fury, Dead Star, Agitated, The Small Print, Fillip, Cave, Showbiz, Yes Please

etc.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel kinda guilty that I've heard Fury and The Groove live and I had no idea what they were. Could have been someone who'd have appreciated them there haha. Ah well.

I think if they put it to a vote or some shit, you'd still get plenty of people voting for the likes of Time Is Running Out, Uprising, Plug In Baby, Starlight etc. It would definitely get rid of the likes of The Globalist from the setlist but I doubt you'd get a load of b sides on there tbh. Album tracks from the glory years is as "rare" as you'd get I think, which is fine by me. Given me a little bit of hope that they could be decent anyway if I end up at Leeds.

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

I feel kinda guilty that I've heard Fury and The Groove live and I had no idea what they were. Could have been someone who'd have appreciated them there haha. Ah well.

I think if they put it to a vote or some shit, you'd still get plenty of people voting for the likes of Time Is Running Out, Uprising, Plug In Baby, Starlight etc. It would definitely get rid of the likes of The Globalist from the setlist but I doubt you'd get a load of b sides on there tbh. Album tracks from the glory years is as "rare" as you'd get I think, which is fine by me. Given me a little bit of hope that they could be decent anyway if I end up at Leeds.

Yeah if Metallica's 'by request' tour proved anything it's that most people will just vote for the big singles and songs that appear in every average Muse setlist anyway, but like you say, it'd remove dumb album tracks that Muse insist on playing at every gig and replace them with stuff from OOS and the like which can only be a good thing - the likes of Citizen Erased and Butterflies & Hurricanes being brought back would make all the difference.

2 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Swear that Muse have teased by the request for a while. Don't see much coming of this really.

It does make a bit of sense though don't you think? They don't have an album to promote, and they've already done a full album show at R&L so they can't do that to mix it up...so I think it'll happen. Also him saying it could happen at R&L rather than it could just happen in general at some point means it's in people's minds for these specific dates now.

11 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I've always wanted to go to a gig with a fan-requested setlist. Not a clue how they'd work out how to do it tho, would have thought any online poll would be immediately hijacked by non Muse fans / R&L goers. 

It would have to be some sort of online poll that was accessible by R/L goers only. I'm sure it could be done by emailing every ticket buyer a code. It would at least weed out all the guff from their current setlists and may bring some of the OOS classics back into play. I'm all for it 

What they might end up doing is this. Pick your favourite from each category:

A: Starlight, Interlude, Liquid State

B: Knights of Cydonia, Intro, Drones

C: Hysteria, Overdue, Recess

etc

Obviously an exaggeration but you get my point. They can have a "fan selected" setlist that is basically up to them.

Ideally there'd be a big list of all their songs and you'd be able to check as many of them as you wanted, that way people wouldnt be scared to 'waste' a vote on a B-side track, or get the opposite where nobody votes for knights of cydonia because they think everyone else would vote for it.

Reading and Leeds already has an app so im sure theyd be able to build the vote functionality into that, email everyone who's going a password to allow them to vote.

Obviously they'd have to make sure some 'rest' songs were chosen and pick the order themselves so its not too difficilt to play live but a fan chosen set would be mad from them, I'd love to see the likes of citizen erased, the groove, butterflies and hurricanes, showbiz and of course new born on the setlist.

22 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I've always wanted to go to a gig with a fan-requested setlist. Not a clue how they'd work out how to do it tho, would have thought any online poll would be immediately hijacked by non Muse fans / R&L goers. 

It being hijacked is probably the best chance of it being a good set.

34 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Surely can't be any worse than what Deaf Havana have done with their "fan chosen" set at 2000 Trees, where you're not allowed to pick half of their back catalogue. 

Would probably be best if you weren't allowed to pick 100% of their back catalogue. 

22 hours ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

You are so thick it's unreal. 

Ignorant** 

Of course there will be people persuaded into trying drugs for the first time by peer pressure and this will somewhat encourage that but you can't be held responsible for others willpower. 

But if that moulds your entire opinion then you are unfortunately out of touch. Look at the huge success of other European countries doing this especially Switzerland. The statistical evidence shows that you are out of touch for having that opinion thewayjam, which makes it a massive shame that you form such a strong opinion on the matter. I advise researching into the topic further and questioning whether it is acceptable for children to die or be at risk of 'dodgy dealers' for the sake of an experience the vast majority of people will have at some point in their life. If you clamp down and offer testing, it stops the dealers cutting their products with lethal substances as it is all a business. If their product is renown for being deadly I am sure they won't be able to make any sales therefore we save lives. 

Edited by GodlikeYeezus

2 hours ago, GodlikeYeezus said:

Ignorant** 

Of course there will be people persuaded into trying drugs for the first time by peer pressure and this will somewhat encourage that but you can't be held responsible for others willpower. 

But if that moulds your entire opinion then you are unfortunately out of touch. Look at the huge success of other European countries doing this especially Switzerland. The statistical evidence shows that you are out of touch for having that opinion thewayjam, which makes it a massive shame that you form such a strong opinion on the matter. I advise researching into the topic further and questioning whether it is acceptable for children to die or be at risk of 'dodgy dealers' for the sake of an experience the vast majority of people will have at some point in their life. If you clamp down and offer testing, it stops the dealers cutting their products with lethal substances as it is all a business. If their product is renown for being deadly I am sure they won't be able to make any sales therefore we save lives. 

It's not fucking ignorant at all....nor thick!

I'm massively anti drug unless they are prescribed medication so not it isn't a shame I have that opinion. It's very clear and has been for ages that there are dodgy pulls/substances about so my view is if you let yourself into that world of things then the results can go anyway and it doesn't take a genius to know that. My view on it invalidates the idea of safe drug testing as I disagree with them completely, entirely and everyone who divulges into them after reasing stories of others is a bloody idiot and that's my final word on it!.

31 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm massively anti drug unless they are prescribed medication so not it isn't a shame I have that opinion. It's very clear and has been for ages that there are dodgy pulls/substances about so my view is if you let yourself into that world of things then the results can go anyway and it doesn't take a genius to know that. My view on it invalidates the idea of safe drug testing as I disagree with them completely, entirely and everyone who divulges into them after reasing stories of others is a bloody idiot and that's my final word on it!.

A recent UoV study found that 75% of all 'non-traumatic' deaths at festivals between 1999-2014 were from alcohol / drug use - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27928974. 75%. These drug testing stations could save lives .  

I know plenty of people who aren't inclined to dabble with hard drugs because, as you say, 'the results can go anyway'. There are ~thousands of fest attendees who feel differently though and will continue to use substances irrespective of the risks. They might be 'bloody idiots' but surely you'd prefer if they drastically reduced the risk of serious health problems or death rather than simply leaving them to their own devices?

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

It's very clear and has been for ages that there are dodgy pills/substances about

Yeah that's why people want to check that they're not dodgy. Get off your high horse and let other people live their lives how they want to. Nobody's asking you to take drugs or to use this service, you don't need to get so worked up about it.

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

It's not fucking ignorant at all....nor thick!

"Everyone who ever walks on a road and gets hit by a driver is at fault, and that's my final word on it!."

5 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

A recent UoV study found that 75% of all 'non-traumatic' deaths at festivals between 1999-2014 were from alcohol / drug use - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27928974. 75%. These drug testing stations could save lives .  

I know plenty of people who aren't inclined to dabble with hard drugs because, as you say, 'the results can go anyway'. There are ~thousands of fest attendees who feel differently though and will continue to use substances irrespective of the risks. They might be 'bloody idiots' but surely you'd prefer if they drastically reduced the risk of serious health problems or death rather than simply leaving them to their own devices?

That's far to logical for Gazza to understand! 

Completely agree though. I never have and never will use drugs (I drink and gamble so don't need another vice!) but anything that reduces risk is surely a positive thing, regardless of your views of the stuff 

8 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

For those who didn't know The Amazon's Debut dropped tonight. Still sad that Nightdriving didn't make it onto the album but the rest of it is great imo.

Actually loving this.... the fest republic stage will be packed