2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Other than Less Than Jake, are there any other guesses as to who the TBA Lock Up headliner could be? 

No idea, just hope it's not someone i care for, already got enough clashes, don't need someone like Rise Against or Stone Sour clashing with Muse

59 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

So that'll be the Muse euro exclusive gone too.

Tennents' Vital? Yeah I can see people being put out by that one too as Biffy are in support rather than Liam Gallagher.

8 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

I see Chance has cancelled his Euro Fests. Dunno if this has been mentioned (or what the thinking with him has been since the last announcement tbh) 

Haven't seen anything about. Including Wireless?

21 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Korn have cancelled their shows in May.

Fieldy was absent throughout their dates in April.

Yikes! Hope all is in order by August

I know they're not a lot of people on here's cup of tea but they're a good sized band for 3rd down. If they drop out and they bump everyone else up as a result that will rival the Muse day for weakest undercard ever. Christ, imagine how ATDI (or Korn for that matter, as will be the case) would go down to a load of people waiting for Major Lazer. I'd not considered that before just now.

Edited by Odessa

23 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

A huge loss to music.

what a band!

Great set on the lock up a few years ago

One of the genuine stand out bands of a generation. This one is a killer blow.

Trying to find a positive; surely we will get some kind of Jason solo project/band. He's far too talented to just call it a day.  

8 hours ago, Odessa said:

I know they're not a lot of people on here's cup of tea but they're a good sized band for 3rd down. If they drop out and they bump everyone else up as a result that will rival the Muse day for weakest undercard ever. Christ, imagine how ATDI (or Korn for that matter, as will be the case) would go down to a load of people waiting for Major Lazer. I'd not considered that before just now.

Absolutely shite is the answer to that. Not quite, it won't rival Friday last year.

15 hours ago, VinylDelusion said:

This may be a bit of an outlandish prediction/clutching at straws, but does anyone think that Shikari being announced 3rd down on Muse day after Slam Dunk finishes is a possibility?

I think ES have come out a few times on Twitter and said they're not playing this year. You'd think they'd just remain silent if they were going to be announced after Slam Dunk? Plus Blossoms have been given the logo treatment so I imagine they'll remain third down the bill.

Unless Liam Gallagher and Blossoms release big albums between now and then, the Sunday is going to look naff. I remember in 2014 when we thought it couldn't get worse than the blink-182 day - that pales in comparison with the Muse day this year.

On 28/04/2017 at 7:00 PM, Andre91 said:

letlive. :(

I reckon this has been known amongst the band for quite a while and chose to keep quite about it until they finished their current dates (though the last one was in January) as they weren't booked for any fests at all which did seem weird. Anyway it's still a shame to see them go and I'm glad I got to see them on what could be their last ever UK headline tour last year. Fake History is a Post Hardcore classic. Though I'm surprised they've broken up. Letlive has always had members come and go apart from Jason. Though I reckon they'll be back in a few years, it seems that quite a few good Post Hardcore bands have (At The Drive-In, Glassjaw, Refused, Drive Like Jehu and Fall of Troy ;) ).

Edited by justanothername